Start by marking “50 Pincushions to Knit & Crochet: Stash Your Sharps in Something Cute and Handmade” as Want to Read:

Here is a pretty collection of pincushions that all knitters and crocheters will love. Functional, yet decorative, pincushions not only keep pins and needles in one place, they also make charming accessories that can be displayed in your workroom or given as a gift to a fellow crafter or collector.

Included are a range of fifty fanciful and practical knit and crochet patt
Published February 18th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about 50 Pincushions to Knit & Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Pincushions to Knit & Crochet

Lori
Oct 29, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft
I was a good reads first reads winner of this craft book. this is published by St.martin's griffin. anyone who loves to knit and Crochet may love this book. It has some wonderful ideas for pin cushions. At the beginning of the book it gives helpful suggestions of materials you will need. there is also a few pages that give symbols for the crochet and knitting instructions. Part one shows all the projects. part two gives the instructions for each project. I like that each craft gives a symbol of ...more
MD
Feb 24, 2014 MD rated it it was amazing
These are absolutely adorable! I plan to make some for myself and some as gifts and stocking stuffers for my crafty family and friends and the practical ones who mend. And some of the patterns could be used for other purposes. I am going to make some birdhouses as Christmas tree ornaments. The pear would be super cute as an ornament too, and the acorn as a Thanksgiving table decoration.

One of the things I really like about this book is that it uses a lot of different techniques. As the author po
Bookworm
Mar 20, 2014 Bookworm rated it really liked it
50 Pincushions to Knit and Crochet: Stash Your Sharps in Something Cute and Handmade offers a nice variety of beautiful pincushions for knitters and crocheters to whip up. The instructions are clear, the photos are vivid and I was inspired by a few of these fun patterns.

This book includes the usual sections all good pattern books do; information on materials, equipment, symbols, abbreviations, an embroidery guide as well as information on both knitting and crocheting stitches.
Designer Cat Thomas
Amy
Nov 20, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this book is great. I'm going to give it to my sister since she likes to knit and crochet. The different designs for the pincushions are so cute and the pictures to show you what they're supposed to look like are fantastic. I read it, well, I looked through it since I don't understand all the different instructions on how to make these delightful looking pincushions since I've never knit or crocheted anything in my life. I might have knit a line or something, but that's about it. ...more
Brenda Lower
Oct 29, 2014 Brenda Lower rated it really liked it
I won this through a Goodreads giveaway! Hooray!

This is such a fun book! Lots of ideas for a wide variety of pin cushions to either knit or crochet. Name says it all! And these aren't just variations on an idea, these are 50 unique, different ideas for pin cushions! Wow!

Instructions seem clear. For crochet patterns it is written out plus has a diagram of the stitches- very nice! Some patterns need a lining or either felt, cotton, silk or whatever you choose. Many of these motifs could be adapted
Rebecca Calfina
Feb 24, 2014 Rebecca Calfina rated it really liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway!! As a knitter I was curoius and excited to find a book with something new to bring to the crafter's table. These patterns range in difficulty from beginning to advanced with notes on how to knit and crochet included at the start. So, it is also perfect for someone without fiber arts knowledge. Whether you are into the look of crochet, knitting, lace or embroidery this sweet little book offers many scrumptious patterns to enjoy to oneself or gift to a ...more
Jill
Nov 19, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Woo Hoo! I won this book from Goodreads First Reads!

This is a delightful book of crochet and knitting patterns. I found the patterns to be well written and the pictures are beautiful. Introductory instructions are provided for basic knit and crochet stitches. I like how the book is laid out with a picture gallery in the front and patterns in the back so that you don't have to wade through pages of patterns while picking a design. There are quite a few unique projects along with some traditional
Gurjinder
Oct 30, 2014 Gurjinder rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read, crafts
I was a Goodreads first reads winner. I love to knit though I am terrible at it. This book is fantastic if you love to knit or Crochet. It has some wonderful ideas for pin cushions and some fun names for them as well. What I really like about this book is how it gives you step-by-step instructions. I am going to give this book to my mom as a gift since she is a better knitter than I am. Thank you Goodreads and St. Martin's Griffin for this book.
Charlene Connors
Feb 24, 2014 Charlene Connors rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, reviews, 2014
I love this book. It is full of fun,creative ideas, fabulous photographs, concise and easy to follow knitting and crochet instructions. I admit I wasn't sure what to expect when I won this from Goodreads Giveways; however the originality and creativity pictured will make you pick up your crochet hook or knitting needles! Great for beginners to advanced crocheters and knitters!
Marlaine Willms
Feb 22, 2014 Marlaine Willms rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent with quite a variety of projects to choose from. No matter what your knitting knowledge, beginner to advanced, you will find a lovely project here. Patterns are easy to follow and well written. I am starting out with the pear-shaped pincushion and am very pleased with how it is working up. An excellent addition to my library! I received this book as a free giveaway.
Judy
Feb 21, 2014 Judy rated it really liked it
There are some really cute pincushions that look easy to make. I can't wait to get out my yarn and needles.
Penney
Aug 01, 2014 Penney rated it it was amazing
Love it so many patterns to knit and crochet.
Amanda
Sep 15, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Gorgeous book that I keep close at hand to make fun-homemade gifts!!

(I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.)
Christine
Feb 22, 2014 Christine rated it really liked it
Amazing and cute pictures with wonderfully written instructions. Can't wait to make these creations...
Laureen
Apr 22, 2014 Laureen rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts, non-fic
I would say most are knitting but there are a lot of cute ideas and patterns.
Vanessa Gonzalez
Mar 19, 2014 Vanessa Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
so many cute ideas! i love this book.
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Sue Dakin
Sue Dakin rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Jane Cosh
Jane Cosh rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Crystal Johnson
Crystal Johnson rated it really liked it
Lynn Demsky
Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing
Tracey Firman
Tracey Firman rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Woodseli
Woodseli rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2014
Nezka
Nezka rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2015
Kathleen Ross
Kathleen Ross rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2014
Debra Martin
Debra Martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
  • Fa la la la Felt: 45 Handmade Holiday Decorations
  • InstaCraft: Fun and Simple Projects for Adorable Gifts, Decor, and More
  • 100 Snowflakes to Crochet: Make Your Own Snowdrift---to Give or to Keep
  • Business Storytelling for Dummies
  • Scrap Therapy Cut the Scraps!: 7 Steps to Quilting Your Way through Your Stash
  • Confessions of a Casting Director: Help Actors Land Any Role with Secrets from Inside the Audition Room
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Comfort Knitting and Crochet: Afghans: More Than 50 Beautiful, Affordable Designs Featuring Berroco's Comfort Yarn
  • Sew Cute and Collectible Sock Monkeys: For Red-Heel Sock Monkey Crafters and Collectors
  • The Absent Lord
  • Beans, Greens & Sweet Georgia Peaches, 2nd: The Southern Way of Cooking Fruits and Vegetables
  • The Children's War and Other Poems