Start by marking “Fatal Jealousy: The True Story of a Doomed Romance, a Singular Obsession, and a Quadruple Murder” as Want to Read:

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  8 reviews

OUT OF CONTROL

June 26, 2010. A Pennsylvania State Trooper, heading home from work, witnesses a car speeding and crashing into trees. Stopping to help, he finds that the driver, Michael Ballard, is alive—and drenched in blood. When asked what happened, the man answers: “I just killed everybody.”

OUT OF HIS MIND

Not far from the accident, police make a gruesome discovery in th
Published January 28th 2014 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Jealousy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Jealousy

The Loopy Librarian
At first, I was hooked. The tension was palatable. The authors managed to keep the reader in suspense despite the murderer being obvious from the start. They also conveyed the full horror of the crime without being overly grotesque. But, I wasn’t far into the book when the writers started to lose me. First it was obvious grammatical mistakes that were missed in the editorial process. For example: “Whether Ballard was actually a member the KKK was not immediately clear (p. 48). The “of” is obviou ...more
Dayle
There is no doubt about who committed these murders but the authors have done their research and this book is full of information about the victims, the killer and a host of others whose lives were impacted by this event. Also included are some interesting statistics on recidivism and parole, as well as brain injury as it relates to loss of control and anger issues.
Becky
Another blame it on my childhood, it's everyone else's fault, abandonment by mother and inability to control emotions and so on ad nauseam! Book is good, well written with lots of emphasis on the problem of early parole and its' detriment to society, in this case four people were murdered after Ballard was granted early parole. He was paroled even though he had already murdered at least one person. I think one of the relatives of the victims said it best "sick bastard."
Stella Gonzales
Difficult keeping my interest

I felt story not written with much interest of author. Several time while reading wanted to close and, put away. Spent too much written about the overcrowding of the American prisons.
Theresa
True murder

I love true crime books and this is a good one. This man should definitely be executed but in Pa. it will probably never happen.
Cassandra
This was an ok True Crime story. I zoned out a lot during the story as it wandered around a lot and seemed a bit scattered.
Janice
Another unbelievable true crime story about who a woman wrongly chooses as her lover, especially since she's a mom of two young children. A well-written account by these two authors...
Kate
The writing is terrible.
Christine Lee
Christine Lee marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Tanyaucf
Tanyaucf marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Marisela
Marisela marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Alison
Alison is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2015
Laura Pizzuto
Laura Pizzuto marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Meghan Meeuwissen
Meghan Meeuwissen marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Love Me or Else: The True Story of a Devoted Pastor, a Fatal Jealousy, and the Murder that Rocked a Small Town

“control her. Ohh you tried but in the end she obviously wasn’t planning to” 1 likes