Start by marking “Fatal Jealousy: The True Story of a Doomed Romance, a Singular Obsession, and a Quadruple Murder” as Want to Read:

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  8 reviews

OUT OF CONTROL

June 26, 2010. A Pennsylvania State Trooper, heading home from work, witnesses a car speeding and crashing into trees. Stopping to help, he finds that the driver, Michael Ballard, is alive—and drenched in blood. When asked what happened, the man answers: “I just killed everybody.”

OUT OF HIS MIND

Not far from the accident, police make a gruesome discovery in th
Published January 28th 2014 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Jealousy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Jealousy

The Loopy Librarian
At first, I was hooked. The tension was palatable. The authors managed to keep the reader in suspense despite the murderer being obvious from the start. They also conveyed the full horror of the crime without being overly grotesque. But, I wasn’t far into the book when the writers started to lose me. First it was obvious grammatical mistakes that were missed in the editorial process. For example: “Whether Ballard was actually a member the KKK was not immediately clear (p. 48). The “of” is obviou ...more
Dayle
There is no doubt about who committed these murders but the authors have done their research and this book is full of information about the victims, the killer and a host of others whose lives were impacted by this event. Also included are some interesting statistics on recidivism and parole, as well as brain injury as it relates to loss of control and anger issues.
Becky
Another blame it on my childhood, it's everyone else's fault, abandonment by mother and inability to control emotions and so on ad nauseam! Book is good, well written with lots of emphasis on the problem of early parole and its' detriment to society, in this case four people were murdered after Ballard was granted early parole. He was paroled even though he had already murdered at least one person. I think one of the relatives of the victims said it best "sick bastard."
Stella Gonzales
Difficult keeping my interest

I felt story not written with much interest of author. Several time while reading wanted to close and, put away. Spent too much written about the overcrowding of the American prisons.
Theresa
True murder

I love true crime books and this is a good one. This man should definitely be executed but in Pa. it will probably never happen.
Cassandra
This was an ok True Crime story. I zoned out a lot during the story as it wandered around a lot and seemed a bit scattered.
Janice
Another unbelievable true crime story about who a woman wrongly chooses as her lover, especially since she's a mom of two young children. A well-written account by these two authors...
Kate
The writing is terrible.
Meghan Meeuwissen
Meghan Meeuwissen marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Katie Mcdaniel mcgahee
Katie Mcdaniel mcgahee marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
EinsteinShrugged
EinsteinShrugged is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Marti Livinghouse
Marti Livinghouse is currently reading it
Dec 31, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Priscilla Walraven
Priscilla Walraven is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Brooke
Brooke added it
Nov 26, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Love Me or Else: The True Story of a Devoted Pastor, a Fatal Jealousy, and the Murder that Rocked a Small Town

“control her. Ohh you tried but in the end she obviously wasn’t planning to” 1 likes