Start by marking “The Laundrymen: Inside the World's Third Largest Business” as Want to Read:
The Laundrymen: Inside the World's Third Largest Business
Preview

The Laundrymen: Inside the World's Third Largest Business

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"Jeffrey Robinson has written what nearly amounts to a textbook on the transformation of ill-gotten gains into seemingly legal currency." USA Today

"An indictment of governments and banks that are unwilling to deal decisively with an industry that handles $200-$500 billion a year." Business Week

"Should be ready by anyone who wants to learn why the world is in such sorry sha
Paperback
Published June 1st 1998 by Pocket Books (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Laundrymen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Laundrymen

Yatin Patel
From drug traffickers to CIA, the book had not spared anyone. Just when I thought being a gujju I know enough about the money laundering to hold my own, I came across the book that infused much needed dose of humbleness in me. Highly descriptive and engaging about various methods to launder money all around the world. Though focus remains mostly on Western banks and drug cartels, the research of Mr. Robinson is clearly visible in details of various scams pulled off by druglords, smugglers, banke ...more
Erick
great book about money Laundering,
Kurt
I guess I should look at the 1998 version of this book, but I'd really like an update; it's more than 10 years out of date.

The book is well written, and easy to read. It is a collection of short accounts of people and organizations that laundered money, how they did it and how they got caught. As a textbook for money laundering, it fails miserably; everyone they write about got caught though some lasted a good long time. And not all of the money was recovered.

I have never found accounting or tax
Adebayo Oyagbola
A world in which the banks are washing machines and false enterprise the detergent and what do you get? Squeeky clean money. The trouble is that the soiling agents are deadly and the effluence of laundry are truly noisome. This book explains the inner workings of the world of drugs and financial crime.
Gregory
Terrific inside stories, but the book gets long. By chapter 7 or 8 I felt like I was just reading the same thing over and over with different names, countries, and shell companies inserted. It finally just got too repetitive and I couldn't make myself finish the last few chapters.
Hossein Davani
read and smile to world economy and bad governer
Hossein Davani
study about world money laundry
David
David added it
Apr 15, 2015
Solanki Jayantilal
Solanki Jayantilal marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Mitch
Mitch marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Joseph Cubby
Joseph Cubby marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Christopher Hughes
Christopher Hughes is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Felix Chan
Felix Chan marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Zach Ferland
Zach Ferland marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Boopathi Raja
Boopathi Raja marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Ram Venkar
Ram Venkar marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jeffrey Robinson
Sep 25, 2014 Jeffrey Robinson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Merger: The Conglomeration of International Organized Crime Grace of Monaco Rainier and Grace: An Intimate Portrait The Sink: Terror, Crime and Dirty Money in the Offshore World Yamani: The Inside Story