Start by marking “Heartstrings (Rock Star Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartstrings (Rock Star Romance, #1)

Heartstrings (Rock Star Romance #1)

3.6  ·  Rating Details ·  1,566 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
She's made all the right choices, and always plays it safe, she's a good girl and a Registered Nurse for Christ's sake.

As Julia prepares to settle in for another typical 12-hour shift in the ER, she's ready to handle anything...That's before Slade Hale rolls into her life...on a stretcher surrounded by 15 doctors and nurses.

To her he's just another patient, and a cocky ass
Published May 16th 2013 by Yuppie Bitch Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Heartstrings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartstrings

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
This book was just okay for me. It was good but not great. I am always up for a rocker book I feel like this book was missing something. I also feel like it could have been longer.
Yvonne
May 25, 2013 Yvonne rated it it was ok
Shelves: give-up-on-lousy
Boring and no intensity in the story or their relationship. Just not what i had expected of a rock star book.
Heather andrews
May 19, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
The cover need I say more as to WHY I picked up this book, shirtless hottie and hottie with tats. Julia has flare and I really like that, "nope," I say. "Apparently it's look after a condescending douche bag day. Hooray for me." Did I say flare? I meant she's feisty, "I'm not a collection of parts for you to admire," I tell him, taking a menacing step toward the bed, "for the time being, I'm the person in charge of your sorry ass. So if you have any hopes of being discharged by the time your ...more
Julie
May 22, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
3.5

I felt like the book ended at what should have been the middle of the book. It almost felt like a teaser and the rest of the book will be released at a later date. The ending wasn't an HEA to me it was a lets see what happens. This is the first book in a series so maybe be that will be resolved down the road.
The one major problem that I had is Slade admittedly slept around ALOT yet when he and Julia who's a nurse have sex NO CONDOM! There's no talk of being clean, on the pill nothing! Not buy
Janell
May 25, 2013 Janell rated it really liked it
Loved, loved, loved!!! Read it in just a few hours. You just can't help but fall in love w/ Slade. He's a nice bad-boy rocker. Even when he does stupid stuff - you know his heart's in the right place. Some of the scenes when he is in the hospital (Julia is his nurse) CRACKED me up!!

This book does NOT have a cliffhanger, but at the end I was definitely hoping for a 2nd book to continue the story - was glad to see this is #1 of a series. Now I just hope #2 continues Julia/Slade's story and it's n
Michelle Rodriguez
May 29, 2013 Michelle Rodriguez rated it liked it
This book started out so good but then it kinda left you hanging. Just as it was starting to get good the book just kind of ended. Not sure exactly how I feel about this book.
JM ♔ Pipsqueak
Jul 23, 2013 JM ♔ Pipsqueak rated it did not like it
Draaaaag..Snore..
Rachel Swords
Jun 03, 2013 Rachel Swords rated it liked it
**3.5 out of 5 Stars**

Read my full review at http://romancereaders101.blogspot.com

So this was a great book. I enjoyed it a lot. I couldn't put it down! It had a few typo's in it but overall it was interesting, emotional, and heartwarming. It has a great writing style and the characters are easy to get to know and to fall in love with. So why did I only give it 3.5 stars? Well, honestly because the ending sucked! BIG TIME! It ruined the entire book for me. The sad thing is, I knew from the review
Bridgid
May 25, 2013 Bridgid rated it liked it
This book was just so so for me. One thing that really bothered me was the issue of unprotected sex not being addressed, and she is a nurse for crying out loud. Another thing that I thought was ridiculous was the fact that she waltzes into a hotel in NYC and expects to bully her way into seeing a famous person..... give me a break. It would have been a more complete story for me if the 2 weeks they spend on tour together were included. But the thing that really bugged me was the cover. Jesus, ...more
Karen
Oct 26, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Oh my goodness. Someone has reached into my head and winkled out one of my recurring fantasies: prudish, conscientious, uptight (but surprisingly sensual) nurse gets (reluctantly) seduced by long-haired, tattooed, tight-ab'd (but surprisingly tenderhearted) rock star. NOT while he is still her patient, I hasten to add. Even in my deepest fantasies, headboard-banging in the hospital ward would have sounded like knocking on the Nursing & Midwifery Council's Big Bad Door of Trouble. This ...more
Lana-lisa
Sep 19, 2014 Lana-lisa rated it liked it
So this was a great book, I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed it a lot! So why did I only give it 3 stars? Well, honestly because the ending sucked! BIG TIME! It ruined the entire book for me. Now, this book takes place over a week, 3 if you count the the 2 weeks on tour. There is no epilogue and we have no idea how they ended up. I can't even find out if there is going to be a second book. It really felt like the book ended in the middle. It has a ton of potential and I'm hoping that there will ...more
Tasneem
Mar 02, 2016 Tasneem rated it liked it
This book was an easy read and I found it to be enjoyable. It had potential to be an excellent story. However I felt that the book lacked depth, and intially thought that there was a continuation as the ending did not leave you satisfied. There was no epilogue and since the book was written in 2013, I figured there probably won't be a continuation. The book left open too many questions and there wasn't an attraction to the secondary characters either, which usually happends in rocker books. I do ...more
Beate
Oct 08, 2014 Beate rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, rockers
This one was so unbelievable, I couldn't get around it. I do love my rockstars, and most of the time they can get away with pretty much anything. The things that these characters do and the things that happen to them... Yeah. No.

Regardless of this book being so far out of reality as a rocker book can get, it's well written. And it's the only reason why I give this book as many as 3 stars. If I were going off of plot and characters alone, I'd give it a screaming 1 star.
✿kawehi.reviews
May 27, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was ok
What a huge disappointment!! Here I was excited to read a rock star romance (since I LOVE those!)with good reviews BUT then when I actually pick up the book to read I'm extremely bored to death!! What gives?!

The story is easy to read, the characters are okay, but the pacing is way too slow for me. Plus too, they don't even have sex till like the end of the book. Total smexiness let down.

"Heartstrings" just did not pull on my heart strings. Sorry.
Gloria Herrera
Jun 10, 2013 Gloria Herrera rated it really liked it
OK I am hooked! Great rock and roll romance with all the trimmings. I hope this author writes fast and gives us the sequel ... I cannot wait what happens next. The story of a rock star and a regular person falling in love is not unique. How these two hook up and how their romance develops is. For those of you out there that love rock star romances, this one will be hit!
Lisa A
May 26, 2013 Lisa A rated it really liked it
Really liked it, but I wanted more, I really hope there is a part two for these characters, there is so much left unfinished. What is going to happen when the two weeks are up? Since no protections was used, I'm thinking a baby rock star? I like the banter between the characters, I like how Julie, tells it as it is. Please have a part two, I want to see a HEA!!
Doris
Aug 08, 2014 Doris rated it really liked it
I did really like this book but I have to admit that you really left you hanging. Unless Ms. Danes plans on writing more on this couple I maybe would only give it 3 stars. It is really good for what's there and it was a hard book to put down. So that says something. But with a story like this there are so many aspects that you can continue on it would be a shame if she didn't.
Dawn
May 22, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it
Awesome book easy to read, follow and get involved with. Luv Slade as he is the perfect bad boy with. Heart. If you want a book that isn't all erotica but still has some hot moments and last full with awesome moments pick this book up.
Amandajane
Apr 21, 2015 Amandajane rated it it was ok
Shelves: rockstar
This was ok. I would have rated it higher but the rampant fangirling of the main character annoyed me since she supposedly didn't know who the hero was or hadn't heard his music. Also annoying was her imagining their happy future as a married couple when they had barely started dating.
Katrisha
Jun 13, 2013 Katrisha rated it liked it
I don't know if there will be a sequel to follow but it was really unrealistic how fast they fell in love. The ending felt like it should be the middle of the book. I am hoping the author continues the story to put more substance with their romance
Liz
Nov 21, 2013 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: rock
I loved the idea of this book, cocky rock star being put in his place by a no nonsense nurse. The beginning had such promise but it kind of fizzled out for me. It was an ok read and an ok story but I just expected a little more story, perhaps there will be a sequel to round it off.
Jeraca
May 31, 2013 Jeraca rated it it was ok
This was an okay novel. Loved when Julia and Slade first met in the hospital but then the story went downhill for me from there. Also, the big paragraphs definitely made me start skimming instead of entrapped in the story, so that was another thing that led me away from really enjoying this novel.
Heather
May 18, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
The story itself isn't entirely original, but the characters are well-rounded and well-written. I especially loved the dialogue, which was witty and snappy, and I laughed out loud several times.

Very nicely done for an independent, first-time author. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Carrie
Jul 19, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: rockers
I hope we get more of these two in following books. I'm left unsatisfied. I think more could have been added to the story at the end for sure. The story was good albeit a slow start. I just wanted more.
I will be looking for any information on followup books in the series for sure.
Tara
May 24, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it
I thought the story was AWESOME!!! i always love a good rock and roll love story. cannot wait for the next book to come out. so keen to know what happens to characters after the 2 week vacay
Emma L Smith
Aug 25, 2013 Emma L Smith rated it liked it
You're a nurse, he's a dirty rock star. Quite frankly you should know better than to forego condom usage.
J
Sep 15, 2013 J rated it did not like it
Could this book have been any worse? The plot, the characters, and the editing could have all used a trip to the ER! Stat!!! Don't waste your time or your money on this one!
Rachelle
Jun 13, 2013 Rachelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this book, but then I am partial to characters that are RN's. I am proud of any fellow RN that can write a great story, since our work is so analytical...Great JOB!!!!
Dori Wells
Apr 12, 2016 Dori Wells rated it really liked it
Worth reading

I enjoyed this book but feel it should have been a little more on the end. I felt kind of left hanging.
Mina
Jun 03, 2013 Mina rated it it was ok
It had so much potential, the only problem i had with this book was that everything happened so fast.
=(
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Exclusive Access (Rock Arrangement, #3; The Lonely Kings, #1.3)
  • Bad For Me (My Forbidden Rockstar, #1)
  • Beauty in the Breakdown (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Winner Takes All (Winner Takes All, #1-5)
  • Talania: A Trip down Memory Lane (Lost Love, #1)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • The Rock Star And The Girl From The Coffee Shop (The Rock Star and The Girl From The Coffee Shop, #1)
  • Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story (Sheet Music, #1)
  • Release
  • Never Let Go
  • Hawk and Dove (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Haze
  • Rock Star's Angel
  • Revenge, Volume 3 (Revenge, #3)
Hadley is a registered nurse working in Philadelphia. She loves to read and write in her free time and hopes to share her imagination with other readers. She lives in West Chester, PA with her husband and two children - three counting their golden retriever Bitty. She dreams of one day seeing the world, especially Europe.
More about Hadley Danes...