Legend Trilogy Boxed Set (Legend, #1-3)

Legend Trilogy Boxed Set (Legend #1-3)

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  619 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The complete collection of Marie Lu's bestselling Legend trilogy: Legend, Prodigy, and Champion. Additional bonus material also included: Marie Lu’s Life Before Legend, original short stories offering a sneak peek at the lives of Day and June before they met.
Published November 5th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile

Regular People of the Weak by Shareef MabroukCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingLegend Trilogy Boxed Set by Marie Lu
Books that are the Best
5th out of 105 books — 20 voters
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Fav Series
27th out of 54 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
This triology as a whole was amazingly written and everything comes together. I read all three books in 2 days.
****SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER IS PRESENT BUT I TRIED NOT TO****

In the first book Legend you get to meet the Characters June and Day, Marie Lu did an amazing job of creating these characters and you can actually picture them. Throughout this book June and Day both lose people they love but they also find new people to love. There is action and adventure and WTF moments. June is a go getter...more
Francesco
Vote: 3,75
Class: L-B1 (FP) *

(a Science Fiction Dystopian Trilogy)

I've recently read "The Hunger Games" and, after that, the "Divergent Trilogy" and enjoyed them much (well, they do have some flaws, but what doesn't?). I've decided to try this series after some hesitation and I found it to have more flaws than those. The final book of the series is actually better than the previous ones and you can see how the author is more... mature.

The setting (3,15) is a dystopian futuristic US (during a war...more
Josh
Disclaimer: This review is long. As in, the 2,000 words kind of long. You have been warned. Also, the following review is technically a “joint review” of all three books in the Legend trilogy, so I'll post it here and under the boxed set.

First off, I’m really not a fan of a lot of books in the YA genre. Especially, especially, especially the dystopian subgenre. I’ve read The Hunger Games, Divergent, Delirium, Variant (the first one), Ashfall, and Maze Runner trilogies, as well as the Gone series...more
Kirstin
I found this trilogy a bit tiring but I think it may be just that I have reached my saturation limit of teen dystopian romance so I was more critical of it. The book switches back and forth between the girl’s and boy’s perspective but the two characters didn’t have strong enough voices for this to be successful for me. I also had a hard time accepting that such young people would be put in such positions of power. Perhaps if she had made the characters even a few years older I would have found i...more
Kris Purtle
I was slightly hesitant to read this saga, after the let down in the Divergent saga ending. But, I went with it, and wasn't disappointed. Though there were a few times I found that I'd get lost in what I was reading, I enjoyed the descriptiveness that Marie Lu brought to her books. I liked that there was such emotional stress between June and Day... and seeing how it was all a huge manipulation from those who were in charge. I was a little worried as I neared the end of the final book, Champion,...more
Alex
I would definatly recommend this book series. It's fast paced, action packed and definatly worth it. Originally I wasn't sure whether or not to read these books, eventually I tried them, and i am not disappointed. If you love books like the hunger games, divergent.... I would recommend this book series to you. You will not be disappointed!
Tiara Mulya
If you love hunger games, divergent, and eve trilogy. You better read this. There's quote from the Catching Fire "Remember who your enemy is" on the Prodigy. Legend it's slow at the first part but so fasttt in the end. Worth to read.
Alex
Apr 22, 2014 Alex is currently reading it
I'm probably gonna get the whole series tomorrow!!! Im really excited to read the series. Most people say its a amazing series and I'm so exited to read them!!! When I get them I'm going to try an read them in 2-3 days.
Julie Rodriguez
This was an enjoyable series. I love that every chapter kept me engaged and wanting more. I think if there is a film adaptation of the series that Callan McAuliffe should play Day. He is a great actor and charming just like Day. Please Marie Lu take it into consideration.
Kim
Loved all three! I only wish that we had more insight on what happened to June and Day after Champion. I read a continuation of their story on Fanfiction.net by Improbable Creature and it was awesome. It almost seemed as if the writer was really in tune with Marie Lu.
Lena
Liked it much more than Roth's Divergent series. Better story, better language. Had a feeling it got out of hand with the war scenes - otherwise four stars.
Annelies
I'll try not to give any spoilers ;)
This book was different from what I expected, it's not lighthearted, doesn't take anything for granted and really wants to portray something as it should be! No easy outs or cheats, no, soldiering on like we would in real life.
The story kept me interested with several story lines running through it, and the ending was a bit of a surprise :) I liked it, maybe there will be snippets in the future, who's to say. But thank you for June and Day, they were fun compa...more
Emma
Feb 16, 2014 Emma marked it as to-read
I have only read the first book in this trilogy and I really enjoyed it....does anyone know where I can find the boxed set???
Crane Ben
This was a solid trilogy which i thought could have been made in only two books but i still enjoyed it
Karen Lane
Loved the series. Day was a great hero. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Just slightly disappointed with the ending..
Little Bookworm
Jun 05, 2014 Little Bookworm marked it as to-read
I'm looking forward to reAding this series I am so excited
Regina Tipton-llamas
I enjoyed this trilogy much more that the Divergent books.
Naomi
Almost 4 stars but not quite there for me. How about 3.75.
Thomas
Loved this book series!!:)
Molly Naugher
One of my favorites!
Julia Herondale
The Legend Trilogy is one of the best series that I've ever read and I highly recommend it! It contains romance, action, drama, suspense, and everything you could possibly want and hope for in a series. Don't miss out!
Fati
11 out 10
Shannon Wagers
A definite must read
Harry
Overall this is such a good series! One of the best out there and one of the very few that doesn't deteriorate throughout the trilogy, but in fact it gets better!

The plots are fun, dotted with twists and action and it is a very enjoyable read and hard to put it down! Highly recommendable.

On par with some of the best books around like Hunger Games without a doubt. Excellent reads and look forward to reading more of Marie Lu's books.

A must-read. A triumph. A legend.
J
Jan 07, 2014 J rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dystopion Readers
Ok what an AMAZING SERIES! A MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE WHO LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES AND DIVERGENT

See my Revieew of each book here

Legend

Prodigy

Champion

Enjoy!
Nay Denise
Separate reviews written for each book's personal Goodreads page.

Outstanding trilogy and it's one of my favorites now!
Angie
awesome! adventure, danger, double crosses!
Shawna
dystopian military, war, loss, love, betrayal. Lu's story follows the point of view of a badass prodigy and a smart ass fugitive....this is what happens when their lives intersect....
Allan Quiroz
Oh my gosh I'm getting the box set on Monday can't wait.
The Page Turners: Legend by Marie Lu 6 7 Jun 27, 2014 01:26PM
  • Matched Trilogy Box Set
  • The Maze Runner Trilogy (Maze Runner)
  • Noblesse: Season 2, Set
  • Divergent Series Complete Box Set
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • The Complete Hush, Hush Saga: Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; Finale
  • The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels; City of Lost Souls
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Summer Ruins (The Last Year, #4)
  • If I Stay Collection
  • What Goes Around: Two Books In One: Cracked Up to Be & Some Girls Are
  • Untitled (Starbound, #3)
  • The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy
  • Shadow and Bone: Chapters 1-5
  • The Fallen Series Boxed Set (Fallen, #1-4)
  • The Hogwarts Library
  • The Worlds of Lois Lowry Boxed Set
  • The Wide, Wide Sea (Chaos Walking, #2.5)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta...more
More about Marie Lu...
Legend (Legend, #1) Prodigy (Legend, #2) Champion (Legend, #3) Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5) The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)