Start by marking “Love Me in Shadows (Behind the Mask, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Me in Shadows (Behind the Mask, #1)

Love Me in Shadows (Behind the Mask #1)

It seemed so innocent at first. I don't know, maybe I should have told someone, but they were just letters. I got so I looked forward to them. I started to depend on them. Until, when he finally asked to meet me, I felt as if I already knew him.

But I didn't.

I wanted him. It didn't matter that I didn't know his name. It didn't matter that he always hid his face from me. He
Published May 16th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Love Me in Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me in Shadows

Maddux
Prepare yourselves for some cursing.

SON OF A BITCH. I DID NOT NEED A CLIFFHANGER IN MY LIFE AT THIS MOMENT. WHERE WAS MY BRAIN WHEN I MISSED THAT THIS WAS PART OF A SERIES?

I got to 80% through and realized the story wasn't slowing down. And then shit started hitting the fan and flying everywhere.

So I finished this book, staying up well past midnight, and started lambasting my Kindle with horrid words, waking my husband up in the process.

I ran to my lappy and logged into GR to see if the next in
JM ♔ Pipsqueak
Nov 16, 2013 JM ♔ Pipsqueak rated it really liked it
Cliffie!! Next book please!
~Obsessed Masked Man
~Irritating Friends
~Hottie David

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is just a sexy version of the mystery masked man. :p
And this is how he is in the book

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jodi Sue
Aug 11, 2014 Jodi Sue rated it did not like it
So I'm editing my original review because I'm so annoyed. This is the 2nd book by this author that now appears to have no resolution in sight. While I enjoyed the original idea of the story, the cliffhanger at the end leads one to believe that there will be a resolution in the not too distant future... The other series had an anticipated release date of December 2013 which didn't happen nor has there been any news. I'm feeling really cheated!
The Book Cove
Sep 11, 2013 The Book Cove rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, Love Me in Shadows screams amateur. The book at the time of purchase (June 11th, 2013) was not professionally edited, and frankly, I'm unsure if Ms. Harper did a second read through herself. This is the exact reason why many reviewers shy away from self published work. One can assume that the author honestly missed very basic editing errors, however, there gets to be a tipping point when you wonder why and how they missed so many fundamental basics?!

The theme of the book has poten
Night
Jun 04, 2013 Night rated it liked it
There should be a big sign on the cover to tell that this book is a total CLIFFHANGER.

I'm dying to read the next book. And am holding my decision for nothing is much revealed, except that the hero is quite a jerk (which seems to be acronymed to 'hot' nowadays).
Tia
Jun 02, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
Okay, what the hell just happened? Okay first of all peeps, CLIFFHANGER! Second of all the novel was pretty damn amazing. The ending left me feeling VERY confused but all together, I want the second installment right now. It was effin crazy!
Jamie Autin
Jun 02, 2013 Jamie Autin rated it it was amazing
I already wrote a review on Amazon, so I don't have the energy. Loved this story and about threw up when I realized it was a cliffhanger. Sequel please, and I'll even pay $10 for it!!!!!!!!!!!!
K-
K- rated it did not like it
May 25, 2013
Maribel De Leon
Maribel De Leon rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Carly
Carly rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Amber Zecaida
Amber Zecaida rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Candi Goins
Candi Goins rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Erika
Erika rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Grace Wells
Grace Wells rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
J
J rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Darlyn
Darlyn rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Nikki  Peterson
Nikki Peterson rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Mjay
Mjay rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Asha
Asha rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
JJ
JJ rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Yanixa
Yanixa rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Bonnie Hardman
Bonnie Hardman rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Raelene
Raelene rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2013
 Davielle Danielle  France-Edwards
Seriously...a cliffhanger!!!
Alysha
Alysha rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Shana
May 31, 2013 Shana rated it did not like it
this book was weird as hell!!! 40% and became a dnf
Anabellan
Anabellan rated it liked it
May 30, 2013
Rachael Blundell
Rachael Blundell rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2013
I'm a young woman in my twenties writing about other young women in their twenties who are finding love, discovering themselves, and following their passions. I love (tastefully) smutty stories and happy endings, so I write romance! Thanks for checking me out and happy reading :)
More about Tess Harper...

Behind the Mask (2 books)
  • You are My Sun (Behind the Mask, #2)