Start by marking “Snowscape (Chaos Walking, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Snowscape (Chaos Walking, #3.5)

Snowscape (Chaos Walking #3.5)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  1,195 ratings  ·  210 reviews
Snowscape is set after the end of Monsters of Men, so that’s when you should read it.

That’s all I’ll say, I don’t want to give anything away. ;-)

- Patrick Ness
ebook, First Edition, 43 pages
Published May 17th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Snowscape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowscape

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
145th out of 526 books — 1,047 voters
A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensThe Snow Child by Eowyn IveyThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreSnowflakes and Coffee Cakes by Joanne DeMaioStopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
Snow
135th out of 178 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Attention Chaos Walking fans! You can read this story as well as "The New World" and "The Wide Wide Sea" by going here! Or see message 15 in the comments below (in fact, that would probably be the better option because it's faster, haha).

Note: If you haven't read the whole trilogy yet, this story is best read after Monsters of Men. … And by that I mean, trust me, do not read this unless you've read Monsters of Men. Or you will like, spontaneously combust or something.

Well, all I can say is … My
Ruth
May 16, 2013 Ruth marked it as to-read
Oh my god WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

3.5?!?!?!??!?!

CAN WE HAVE A 3.75 TOO?????

OR MAYBE A 3.95???

OR MAYBE A 4.0?!?!??!?

#Dreamsreallydocometrue

Tania
If war is hard - and it is, forever and always -then after war is just as hard, in a different way.

A glimpse into what happened after Monsters of Men ended. It includes one of my favorite characters - Wilf. I really, really miss Todd though. Mr.Ness can you pretty please write another full length installment in the Chaos walking series. And if it's not asking too much maybe you can bring Manchee back from the dead.
Raeleen Lemay
The last sentence was the only thing that mattered for me in all 40 of those pages.
Julie Covington
Again, what a surprise these Novellas have turned out to be. I can only hope for more brilliance from Ness in this World he has created.
Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY.
My prayers/positive thoughts have been answered! Patrick Ness actually wrote two additions short stories set in the Chaos Walking world.

description

Well it is real life and I can't handle what my emotions are doing to me

description

Oh right, the review. Ahem...right. Back on track.
Without saying too much about the plot, I want to establish an already known fact: Patrick Ness knows how to write young adult stories. This was no exception. We all know how you felt reaching the end of Monsters of Men
Katrina
Not an official review but OH MY EFFING GOODNESS!!!!

Spoiler coming up:

I began to read this story out of the pure curiosity of what happens to our beloved Todd and as soon as I began to read, I realized that I'll never get the closure I wanted. I was 99.9% sure that there would be no mention of Todd because of where the story was headed....

AND THEN THE LAST TWO PAGES HAD ME LIKE... OMG... I CAN'T EVEN...

HE'S AWAKE!!!

And those were the only words I ever had to hear. After having my heart broken
dick gansey
description

THE ENDING. LITERALLY THE BEST ENDING EVER.

descriptiondescription
Crini
YESS! That last page was exactly what I wanted! Perfect! <3
Cassidy
Mar 08, 2015 Cassidy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
One morning before school, I saw a tweet from one of my tumblr friends talking about a website. I go to it, and find the Chaos Walking short stories there. I entered my email, and later that day in English class, I checked it on my phone. I got the links and convinced my English teacher to let me read on my phone. By the end of Snowscape, I'm in tears. We finally got the ending we had hoped for. Snowscape was great; it not only gave us a unique story about Wilf and Lee, but it also gave us closu ...more
Sonja Arlow
This short little novella is based on what happens after Monsters of Men and is for people who just could not let go of the story after the series ended….

It's told from Lee's POV which is interesting since he's blind but to be honest I did miss hearing the story told in Todd and Viola’s voices.

I would highly recommend the entire Chaos Walking: A Trilogy as it is one of the most unique dystopian series I have come across in a long time.
Evelyn
Siobhan
This was a nice little ending, a nice little short story to give us an idea of what went on following the events of Monsters of Men.

For me the short story wasn’t quite what I had expected – I wanted more details about the lives of our main characters, and it was only really the final line that I had been on the edge of my seat to hear – but it was nice to get more of the world.

What I really loved was the way in which we were given Lee’s perspective of the world. Lee quickly became one of my favo
Andrew (BritBookBoy)
I got exactly what I wanted from this post-trilogy novella and more. I'm extremely happy right now :)
Zaki Yawary
I did not want to read this book. I suspected it would ruin the brilliant ending of Chaos walking for me. And it did. Read the spoiler at the end for more info.

An amazing, thought provoking, well-written yet unnecessary book. This book serves two purposes:
One, to re-immerse fans of the Chaos Walking trilogy back into New World through a completely different story that occurs past second war with the Spackle.
Two, to serve as a closure to trilogy that had the perfect ending already.

First off, the
Julie
Nov 27, 2013 Julie marked it as to-read
Why do I never find about e-novella's. Seriously? I think this calls for a re-read. YAY.
Elysia
Tasneem
the last novella in the chaos walking trilogy .... it was a really good one, despite that it is small (45 pages) it was full of actions and with new ideas ...

I really recommend to read this novella for all the people who read the chaos walking trilogy because most of the reader skip the novellas , but they are really good so read them people
Susie Wang
Spoiler alert! Todd's awake! Todd's awake! That's all I have.
Melissa
Just what I needed after the trilogy!
Krystin
OMG OMG OMG! I have tears welling in my eyes. :')
Darkovary
The ending :)
Padfoot
Has Patrick Ness been graced by God himself or something? This man never fails to write amazing stories honestly...

(Last sentence ha ha ha ha ha.............)
Filippa
Felix
4 stars just because Todd woke up haha
Stephanie
This short story takes place after the events of Monsters of Men but only maybe a few months to a year later. Man, I read Monsters of Men quite a while ago but I *still* managed to tear up at the end of this story... Love, love, love this series. And glad to know there is still hope for Todd and Viola.
Isabelle
That was both frustrating and amazing.

Why Patrick Ness, Why?

If you have read the Chaos Walking Trilogy but have not read the novella taking place after Monsters of Men, read it! Okay. Read it! He wrote an amazing story. Patrick Ness is a genius.
Miss Bookiverse
My emotions while reading, in order of appearance: Confusion (How much time has passed since MoM? Who are all these people?). Creeped out (the Snowscape). Heartbroken (the truth about the Snowscape). Shocked (Mikkelsen). Happy (Viola). Goosebumps (Viola's message).
Mabel
This is the last of the bonus short stories and what seems to be the continuation towards the conclusion of the Chaos Walking series. It shows how the New World evovled as the settlers came and when peace was achieved with the Spackle. It also provided the ending of Todd waking up. I would have wished that Ness wrote more about it, on how Viola and Todd will end up on the New World and if they will really still runaway to live on their own. I know for one I'm left wanting more of Viola and Todd' ...more
Beatrice
Basically me as I reached the end:

[MAJOR SPOILERS] Discussion about Ending 2 4 Apr 20, 2015 07:03AM
I want a 4th book. 5 33 Apr 20, 2015 05:52AM
Link to this book? 2 32 May 16, 2014 05:34AM
  • Thistle & Thorne
  • In The Land Of The Dead (Benny Imura, #1.5)
  • Darla's Story (Ashfall, #0.5)
  • Little Knife (The Grisha, #2.6)
  • Fireflies
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Warm Up  (Vicious, #0.5)
  • King of Marbury (The Marbury Lens #1.5)
  • The Sign of the Jaguar: An Origin Short
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Mystery of the Haunted Cottage (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #10)
  • Portrait of a Spore: The 3rd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.5)
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • UnStrung (Unwind, #1.5)
  • The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers, #4)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • BZRK: Origins (BZRK, #0.5)
  • The King's Guard (Fire and Thorns, #0.7)
Patrick Ness, an award-winning novelist, has written for England’s Radio 4 and Sunday Telegraph and is a literary critic for The Guardian. He has written many books, including the Chaos Walking Trilogy, The Crash of Hennington, Topics About Which I Know Nothing, and A Monster Calls.

He has won numerous awards, including the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize, the Booktrust Teenage Prize, and the Co
More about Patrick Ness...

Chaos Walking (3 books)
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
  • The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) A Monster Calls The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3) More Than This