Start by marking “Chronicles of a Full-Time Father” as Want to Read:
Chronicles of a Full-Time Father

Chronicles of a Full-Time Father

Everybody knows that it is normal for toddlers to take off their clothes at every opportunity. Nobody is surprised when their children lurk through the house in the night, staring at their sleeping parents. Relieving themselves like dogs, attacking their parents with yogurt, and painting pieces if furniture is totally normal, right? Right? Maybe. Maybe not.

Up until a year
Published June 1st 2013 by James Ninness (first published May 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Chronicles of a Full-Time Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chronicles of a Full-Time Father

Christopher Ninness
Jun 02, 2013 Christopher Ninness rated it it was amazing
It's obvious as you read this book that James lives an eventful life without a single day of not being entertained. I highly recommend this book. It's perfect for new parents, old parents or humans who like to smile. CHECK IT OUT.
Shay
Jul 07, 2013 Shay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-books
**Received Book from Author**

It took me a while to read this after I got it. I should have read it sooner, I laughed and laughed. Sharing all his thoughts, even the ones most would be ashamed for admitting. Most men have that "what the hell" thought process (where most thoughts they have make women go what the hell?!)and shares it not so shamefully. Giving his children loving, terms of endearments.

I recommend this for not only parents but for those of us with nieces and nephews or freakishly bi
Donna
Jun 11, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
The book "Chronicles of a Full-Time Father" by James Ninness was a funny, thought provoking, interesting and true story of his life since he became a father. I truly enjoyed reading it and would recommend it very highly. He tells great stories of his two daughters and their day to day experiences. He couldn't have made these moments up if he had tried. They are priceless.
Vojtech
Oct 18, 2013 Vojtech rated it liked it
It's a relatively short and fun read, but I was looking for a bit more. It just isn't worthy of the 2nd place on the Best Books for New Dads list.
Michael Temple
Jun 14, 2013 Michael Temple rated it it was amazing
Great author. Can't wait to keep reading James Ninness' other tales and chronicles.
Kathy
Jun 20, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing
It was good, I’m not a dad but I still enjoyed it
Jo Forrester
May 12, 2014 Jo Forrester rated it liked it
Overall, this was a funny book with a lot of anecdotes I could relate to. As any stay at home parent can tell you... we don't ALWAYS like our children. We don't always like the games they want to play. And, we don't always know what to do with them. Sometimes they will shame us publicly. Other times they will delight us to no end. What I didn't like about the book were the moments when the author came across a bit preachy. He does not believe in spanking. Ever. He assumes that loud and obnoxious ...more
Ida
Nov 02, 2014 Ida rated it liked it
I could relate to many scenarios in this funny glimpse into the life of a full-time parent, from the often bizarre shenanigans that children get up to to the mundane to the frustrations of daily challenges. It's a very quick read that should provide a few laughs.
Debbie
Aug 15, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it
A funny, fast read about this Dad's life with his two kids. Definitely not an educational one, but one of his day to day experiences either through his own diary or blog.

Read on my Kindle while in Europe July/August 2013.
Jan Lewis
Aug 25, 2015 Jan Lewis rated it liked it
This short Memoir is about Mr. Ninness' young daughters told in blog format. I think there's probably some good advice in this book for all parents of young children. It is a light read with some comical things happening both to the author and to the children. A few editing problems.
Becky K
Sep 18, 2015 Becky K rated it really liked it
Shelves: mt-vancouver
Open, honest, and relatable to me as a parent. He has two girls while I have two boys, but I found myself smiling & laughing with "been there" going through my head. Truly a lighthearted, honest & inspiring read about what being a parent truly is.
Zonoiko Arafat
May 20, 2015 Zonoiko Arafat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

I actually started the book before being a father. Then, somehow, discontinued. I envision things with my one year old. Funny stufs.
Vivian
Vivian rated it liked it
May 23, 2014
Dewayne Feenstra
Dewayne Feenstra rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
Jennifer Riggs
Jennifer Riggs rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it it was ok
May 13, 2014
Isaiah
Isaiah rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Onewifeonly
Aug 03, 2014 Onewifeonly rated it liked it
Enough entertainment but not enough inspiration.
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Mickey
Mickey rated it it was ok
May 25, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Becky K
Becky K rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Lindsay Barnes
Lindsay Barnes rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Dee Kendall
Dee Kendall rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2015
Jill Lowman
Jill Lowman rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Jeffery
Jeffery rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Chloe
Chloe rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Åshild
Åshild rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2014
Djsan
Djsan rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2014
  • Life Is Short, Laundry Is Eternal: Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Dad
  • Caged: Memoirs of a Cage-Fighting Poet
  • East Wind: a True Story
  • Skidboot 'The Smartest Dog in the World'
  • Feeding Eden: The Trials and Triumphs of a Food Allergy Family
  • American Legends: The Life of Sitting Bull
  • Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
  • Second-Chance Mother
  • Journey Across the Four Seas: A Chinese Woman's Search for Home
  • The Other Side of the Ice: One Family's Treacherous Journey Negotiating the Northwest Passage
  • Remembering Judith
  • Rebooting My Brain: How a Freak Aneurysm Reframed My Life
  • South of Normal
  • Squelched: The Suppression of Murder in the Synagogue
  • Here All Along
  • Hack: Stories from a Chicago Cab
  • Ghetto Medic: A Father in the 'Hood
  • Welfare Brat
James Ninness is a writer of fiction.

After getting his degree in English: Creative Writing from Cal State University Long Beach in 2007, James married the love of his life and the two of them made three babies (not all at once) and adopted a couple dogs.

He usually writes comic books, but dabbles in short prose, film, and a few other sorts of things. When He isn't writing all that, he's working in
More about James Ninness...