Start by marking “Wayward (Wayward Pines #2)” as Want to Read:
Wayward (Wayward Pines #2)

Wayward (Wayward Pines #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  10,198 ratings  ·  726 reviews
Welcome to Wayward Pines, population 461. Nestled amidst picture-perfect mountains, the idyllic town is a modern-day Eden...except for the electrified fence and razor wire, snipers scoping everything 24/7, and the relentless surveillance tracking each word and gesture.
None of the residents know how they got here. They are told where to work, how to live, and who to marry.
Published September 17th 2013 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Wayward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wayward

Dan 1.0
When Ethan Burke, sheriff of Wayward Pines, runs across a body, he's tasked with investigating her murder. But what does the deceased have to do with Burke's ex-partner and former lover? And what will Theresa think about her husband and his old flame spending time together?

I got this from Netgalley.

After the jaw-dropping reveal at the end of Pines, I was pretty sure Wayward would suffer from the sophomore slump. It did not.

Instead of bucking the system, as in the first volume, Wayward sees Ethan
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

"Will this place ever feel like home?"

"I don't know," Pam said as she stood. "That's entirely up to you."

Me reading Wayward . . .

Houston commercial photography

and . . .

Houston commercial photography

Have you guys read these yet? At least tell me you’ve got the 10 episode television series set to record on your DVR. In case you’re one of the five people left on the planet who has yet to hear about these books, here’s some bad news . . . I can’t really tell you anything that goes down. The n
Kaora
This series is quickly becoming one of my favorites. From the moment I began with book one, to the end of book two I have been unable to put this series down.

I liked that book one focused on the character of Ethan Burke, while this one gave some depth to the villain of the series, Thomas Pilcher. While I'm not quite sure how he became the way he is, I did like seeing how he created the technology that brought them here, and his family life before all of this went down.

The book is not as action p
Edward Lorn
Oh, hell yeah, this was awesome.

I'm sorry if you do not find this series as cool as I do, and I fully understand that your mileage might vary, but holy shit Wayward Pines is a fun place to visit. This second book wasn't as chock full of what-the-fuckery as the first one, but it held its own. And that ending... Dude, I got goosebumps.

I never knew what to expect, and that's such a refreshing thing to be able to say about book two in a series. I had no idea where Blake was going to go with this se
Amar
Odlično , odlično , ODLIČNO , gospodine Crouchu ! Bravo !

Evo razmišljam cijelo jutro šta bi mogao napisati o ovom dijelu , a da bude dostojno priči. Zasada mi je favorit za knjigu godine 2015! Kada sam je sinoć završio , odložio sam mobitel ( na kojem sam čitao ) uz komentar : "Well , fuck "

Radnja se dešava samo 2 sedmice nakon kraja 1. dijela . Ethana vidimo u novoj poziciji šerifa koji se mora suočiti sa prvim ubojstvom u Pinesu.
Kako radnja odmiče saznajemo nove mračne i mnoge šokantne tajne.
Robert
A fate worse than death awaits the townsfolk of Wayward Pines. Prison could be considered a picnic. In prison, there are rules, laws, restrictions, and armed guards, who in theory at least, help keep the peace. Wayward Pines has no such laws and restrictions. Sure, there’s a guidebook handed to every new resident, all inhabitants have been implanted with microchips for security reasons, an electrified fence and razor wire help solidify the perimeter, and snipers keep occupants between the crossh ...more
SUSAN
The quaint little hamlet of Wayward Pines,Idaho is somewhat like a Norman Rockwell print. A town where you can leave your doors unlocked,your milk is deliverd to your door,there is no crime,your every need is met and most of all,there is no FREEDOM.
You are under surveillance 24/7,the town is surrounded by an electrified fence and snipers in towers. Where a horrible fate awaits you if you refuse to fully assimilate.
This book is chock full of twists,turns and moments that are a stomach dropping bl
Gavin
This was a fantastic sequel to Blake Crouch's Pines and just like its predecessor it had a great mix of action, suspense, and mystery. Despite the fact that we learned a lot of Wayward Pines secrets in the first book the town still remains as creepy, as disturbing, and as interesting a place as ever.

The plot has more holes in it than Swiss cheese but that does not lessen the exhilarating intensity of Ethan's journey or the fun of the story. If first book felt like watching an episode of The Twi
11811 (Eleven)
Sometimes I feel like
Somebody's watchin' me
And I got no privacy!!!

(it's funnier when you sing it.)
Mihir

Full review originally at Fantasy Book Critic

ANALYSIS: Wayward is the sequel to Pines and a book that was highly anticipated and yet out-scored my anticipation. Firstly before even I begin my review, I would like to announce that to even discuss the blurb will be spoilery for the first book Pines. So those folks who haven't read the first book and don't want their read ruined in the least. STOP and go read Pines...

Now for those of you who have read and loved Pines, welcome and I must say you w
This was a 7 day library book. I suddenly realized that it is due in 2 days. Well...actually I was confused on my dates, so in a freak out mode I read this in one day, thinking I had only 2 to read it, when actually I had three. This gets one more star than it's predecessor. It is better written. And we are now fully immersed into the "goings on". But there is still mystery, we do not have all the answers. And I am not positive about a few things and am ok with that. I will roll with it. I like ...more
Shandra
Initial thoughts: A fantastic follow up to Pines!!!! Never a dull moment, that's for sure. Review to come.

Review:

Actual rating: 4.5 Hello-Cliffy stars. No story spoilers.

Let the mind fuckery continue!!!

Mind fuck photo: Mind Games MindGames.gif

This one picks up just where Pines left off, which I absolutely love when books do. Now, I can't really say a lot, as I don't want to spoil those that haven't read it. Both this and the last book require one to tread lightly when reviewing.

So, Ethan has some new digs. Ethan has some new respon
Todd Russell
FTC notice: I received an uncorrected proof advance review copy in exchange for an honest review. This book is scheduled to be published September 17, 2013

Writing a compelling second part of a planned trilogy and not alienating readers with an ending that leaves too much to be continued is a major challenge. I'm thinking great second act stories like Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and at the end of that we learned the shocking truth about Luke's father, were left hanging with Han Solo encas
Adam Light
I should begin this review by pointing out that I stumbled upon Blake Crouch by accident one night while checking for free horror books on Amazon. One of the featured freebies was PINES. The story sounded like something I would get into and I had just gotten my Kindle, and was having fun checking out new authors.
What a great find it was. It has been a little more than a year and I have read all but one or two of Crouch's books, and haven't found one that I didn't love. PINES was simply amazing,
Rick Fisher

This is a tremendous series. I devoured "Wayward" even faster than it's prequel "Pines".
Blake Crouch really amped up the suspense, danger, excitement and intrigue in this novel. Where the first in this series had a plethora of clichés, I felt this one moved past those and propelled itself into a different direction.
The reader is introduced to some new and interesting characters in this story. Tobias, the Fishers, Alyssa. Each new character adds more life and suspense and second gues
Maggie Reed
This book was so disturbing to me that it took a while to get to another book, and I had to make sure I didn't read another one of Blake's right away. I started my Crouch journey with Abandon, and it sucked me in. He's an incredible writer, and although the sentence fragments used to bother me as an editor, I've gotten over that. Sometimes he uses them a little to often, but for the most part, they're interspersed well. The next in this series comes out in 2014. I thought to myself before I star ...more
Lloyd
Fuck yeah, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

This series has been interesting fun from the start, and just keeps rocketing forward. I can barely keep my eyes open, I am so tired, but I HAD to finish. I consider myself blessed that I read this book now, when the last of the trilogy (The Last Town) is available -- because, man, what an ending!

I will always prefer books over television or movies, so these are perfect for me right now. If they do it right, the show should be good. Just great adventurou
Reeda
A peek behind curtain into the lives of some of the Pines residents in the form of back stories gave this book a more fleshed out complete story which I enjoyed more than Pines. I especially liked learning more about the town's founder, Mr. Pilcher. Many events in this book keep it going at a great pace to it's shocking cliffhanger...

Looking forward to the next book coming out in 2014 and also to the TV show coming out the same year.
Susan
This mystery surrounds a whole town of people who don't know how they got there and know they can never leave. People can remember their lives before they ended up there but are strongly persuaded to go along and not make waves. No TV and only one occasional radio broadcast. Parents are not to ask or become involved with the children's schooling and many more strange things drive some to rebel in secret. Every now and then someone out of the blue, for no reason ends up dead in a public place wit ...more
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
Second book in this series and I was not disappointed. I picked this up as I set the first one down and it just fit together. Still on the edge of your seat reading and this one was a little slower paced in so areas, but still very good.
George
Πρώτα-πρώτα θέλω να πω στις αγαπητές εκδόσεις Διόπτρα ότι πολύ το άργησαν το δεύτερο μέρος, πέρασαν σχεδόν εννιά μήνες από την μέρα που κυκλοφόρησε το πρώτο και τόσο καιρό έπρεπε να περιμένω. Πάλι καλά να λέμε όμως που έφεραν αυτή την τρομερή σειρά στην Ελλάδα.

Δεν μπορώ να πω και πολλά για την πλοκή, γιατί πολύ απλά είναι άκρως απαραίτητο να διαβάσει κανείς το πρώτο βιβλίο. Και αν αρχίσω να λέω τι περίπου γίνεται στο δεύτερο, θα χαλάσω σίγουρα αρκετές εκπλήξεις, κάτι που θα ήταν εντελώς ηλίθιο.
Tanja Berg
Rating 3 out of 5* by the grace of some likeable characters. The previous book, "Pines" was a real page-turning schocker that I read in three hours and which had me reeling afterwards. "Wayward" is boring in comparison. It's unpleasant in the typical dystopian fashion, and in the same vein, completely incapabable of raising any emotion beyond mild boredom.

Ethan Burke, the main character, has become the sheriff of Pines. He now has the solemn duty to keep its disoriented citizens in check. When a
Kimberly
4.5 stars, rounded up.

WAYWARD is the sequel in the planned trilogy of Blake Crouch's PINES. This novel picks up right where PINES left off. I have to say that I was VERY impressed with this one! Although I enjoyed PINES, I felt that the characterization was even better in WAYWARD, the motivations more plausible, and the behind-the-scenes look really gave a lot of credibility to this story. If everyday "life" hadn't made its presence known, I would have gladly finished this book in a single sitti
aPriL eVoLvEs
I loved 'The Twilight Zone' and 'The Outer Limits'.
I love science fiction.
I love thrillers.
I love hard-core mysteries.
I love adventure fiction.
I love blood, death and explosions.
I want to be a vampire sometimes.
But this series does not ring true to me.

This is book two in the Pines series.
This is a huge successful series.
It is now on Fox TV.
I am not surprised.
I rarely watch Fox TV.
Fox caters to paranoid white-man/skinhead/xenophobic visions whether there is a realistic basis or not.
(And working-
Bill
I liked this one. I thought it was a faster pace than Pines and really had time to develop some depth of character. When I finished Pines (I did like it) I thought that the story really had a chance to be epic and just fell a bit short. Well, now with the second installment, I think it may be getting to be just that…epic. Looking forward to the third installment and see how this bad boy wraps up. 3.5+ Stars.
Meigan
Let me preface by stating -- if you're reading a review for the second book of a series, I would assume you've already read book one. However, if you're one of those weirdos (like myself) that reads reviews for later books without having started the series, there may be some slight, unintentional spoilers. Consider this a warning -- slight spoilers may appear in this review :)

Wayward Pines, Idaho is an idyllic kind of town one really only finds in movies and fiction. The kind of town where every
Rick
Amazing storytelling continues...on to part 3 of the trilogy, THE LAST TOWN.
Jeff Raymond
Closer to a 2.5.

This series took a nosedive pretty quick.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, it was an interesting timejump novel with a weird bent to it that had a solid reveal to boot. Even finishing it, I wasn't sure where the series could go for two more books, but okay.

The bad news is that the second book isn't nearly as good. It's not as well-written, for a basic start, but a bigger problem is that the series stops being a science fictional mystery and starts being a mystery wi
Bob Milne
Up until the last act, Pines was a fantastic Twilight Zone slice of storytelling. It was weird and creepy and entirely unsettling. Yes, Blake Crouch seeded the entire novel with hints and clues as to what was really going on with his idyllic little town, but the ultimate reveal of the finale was still a shock.

With that in mind, I really had no idea where he could take things with Wayward. While I had some suspicions, and even some expectations, I really didn't know, with the curtain pulled back
Amy and Erin's Am...: Wayward - Book #2 1 4 May 19, 2015 07:24AM
  • Stirred (Jack Daniels Mystery, #8)
  • Exit 9 (Project Eden, #2)
  • Melt Down (Breakers, #2)
  • Dark Screams: Volume One
  • The Hospital: The First Mountain Man Story (Mountain Man, #0.5)
  • Endurance: A Novel of Terror
  • Yesterday's Gone: Season Two
  • I Travel by Night
  • St. Matthews (Contamination, #0)
  • After: The Shock (After, #1)
  • Left with the Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1.5)
  • Like Part of the Family
  • Ghost Country (Travis Chase, #2)
  • The River Is Dark
  • Ugly As Sin
  • Through the Smoke
Blake Crouch was born near the piedmont town of Statesville, North Carolina in 1978. He attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 2000 with degrees in English and Creative Writing. Blake lives with his family in southwest Colorado, where he is at work on a new book
More about Blake Crouch...

Wayward Pines (3 books)
  • Pines (Wayward Pines #1)
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
Pines (Wayward Pines #1) The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3) Run Abandon Draculas

“Never assume you know where someone else is coming from.” 2 likes
“If you look out at nature, you find that as you tend to see suspended animation, you tend to see immortality. —MARK ROTH, PHD (CELL BIOLOGIST)” 1 likes