Start by marking “The Amber Room” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Amber Room
Davis Bunn

The Amber Room (Priceless Collection #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  209 ratings  ·  18 reviews
An exhilarating search to recover the greatest work of art plundered during World War II. The gripping sequel to Florian's Gate.
Published September 1st 1992 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Amber Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amber Room

Rich in christian teaching and tradition, two of my favorite things and throw in all the places in and around Krakow and you have the makings of one of my favorite fiction books. This time period (just after the fall of Communism) is one I have not studied but will do so as a result of this book and the current situation in Ukraine. The costs of freedom are high but the costs of lack of freedom are even higher. Please let us not permit the situation to return to Eastern Europe that devastated ge ...more
Trudy E
This is the conclusion to Florian's Gate. What a tremendous testimony of rich heritage, incredible loss, and the indomitable spirit of peoples crushed by decades of oppression...
Jeffrey, Alexander and Katya are back again, united in the cause of restoring ownership of national treasures to Poland. The characters are deep and spiritual, and as their eyes are opened to new insights, mine have been in some respects as well. Very well done.
Kristen Joy Wilks
I'm just reading this again after picking up the e-book. I first read this as a teen. This is the first book that made me seriously consider God's creation as something believers should be fighting to protect. Was raised to think of environmental issues as made up. The Amber room isn't even about the environment, but the author's obvious first hand experiences in the terrible pollution of early 1990's Poland stuck with me and changed how I thought about the lovely world that God gave us. Only dr ...more
Amazing story - Fabulous characters - wonderful plot!!! A superb author! A great second book in the trilogy.
Viviene Wood
learned a lot from this book of how difficult recovering from WWII Germany had it
Phyllis C
Jeffrey and Kalya hold this story together.
A bit tedious to get through. Despite all the research, the story line seemed to get lost at times in historical details and didn't seem to flow as well as some. Not one of his fast paced reads for sure.
Rachel Berkowitz
An easy read, narrative weak and plot predictable, but paints beautiful landscapes of countries and people. Made me want to go see the places in the story. Interesting characters. An American goes to work for Polish Survivor in London, becomes prodigy in the London antique-dealership who finds adventure as he travels deep into post-soviet Eastern Europe searching for antiques. Could do without the religious-faith narratives.
An intriguing story set in post-Communist Eastern Europe. His attention to detail and thorough research paint a vivid and historically accurate picture of what Eastern European countries faced after the collapse of Communism. The legends surrounding the Amber Room added a layer of richness to the story. Very nicely written.
Great story of post WWII Europe. An antique dealer has friends who allow him to hear of treasures hidden from war

Merged review:

Fascinating story of post WWII eastern Europe
Mj Mccoy
The Priceless Collection are some of my favorite books. I have two sets I bought used because I like to loan one set and keep one for myself. I'm glad they have be reissued.
I like all of his books. He writes in a little different style from his earlier books, more detail and intrigue.
Nancy Major
One of three books in the series. Well written and well researched. Kept my interest throughout the book.
Edith Lommerse
Well the theme was interesting and the descriptions of landscapes and places were good.
Laura Hontz
It's been so long ago - I would like to read it again.
Brad Francis
Very satisfying read once again.
Keilan Casey
Keilan Casey marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Cindy Radtke
Cindy Radtke marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Gloria added it
Oct 08, 2015
Amy Pauwels
Amy Pauwels marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Tracy Self
Tracy Self marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
J R added it
Aug 24, 2015
  • My Soul to Keep
  • The Salt Garden
  • From Across the Ancient Waters (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #1)
  • Last Resort (Hideaway #3)
  • Mercy's Heart (The ChristKeepers, #1)
  • River Rising
  • A Valley of Betrayal (Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War #1)
  • Rebekah (Wives of the Patriarchs, #2)
  • The Living End
  • The Church Ladies
  • The Mystic Rose (The Celtic Crusades, #3)
Davis Bunn is an internationally-acclaimed author who has sold more than seven million books in twenty languages.

Honored with four Christy Awards for excellence in historical and suspense fiction, Davis was inducted into the Christy Hall of Fame in 2014.

His bestsellers include The Great Divide, Winner Take All, The Meeting Place, The Book of Hours, and The Quilt. A sought-after lecturer in the a
More about Davis Bunn...

Priceless Collection (3 books)
  • Florian's Gate
  • Winter Palace (Priceless Collection)