Start by marking “Gone in a Flash” as Want to Read:
Gone in a Flash

Gone in a Flash (Women of Justice #3.5)

Connor and Samantha Wolfe are finally taking their family on a much-deserved vacation aboard a luxurious cruise ship. Unfortunately, crime doesn't take a vacation.
Published June 1st 2012 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Gone in a Flash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone in a Flash

Melanie
Jun 08, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Really enjoyed this short "Women of Justice" ebook! It was great getting to see a little bit more of Samantha and Connor's life.

For a short book, the suspense was good. A few things seemed unrealistic to me. I wish Gone in a Flash would have been a bit longer, but overall it was a good read and I enjoyed it a lot. :)

*I received this Kindle book as a gift from a blogging friend. I chose to write a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
Hannah
A pleasant short mystery. Even though I wasn't aware it was from a series when I checked it out of the library, I didn't find the characters confusing (though there was obvious history), and I enjoyed the fast-paced murder mystery.
Candy
Jun 06, 2012 Candy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very short E-book. I had a little trouble trying to remember how all the characters fit together. I wish it would have been longer but it was nice to see these characters again.
Sarita
Jan 23, 2015 Sarita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Full of action for such a short read. Ended way too soon.
Jun 02, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read.
⚜Trea⚜
This novella was a surprise addition to the Women of Justice series. Basically, it is a vacation story for the couple from the first book in the series, Connor and Samantha. While it was nice to see what was going on with the couple a few years after the events of A Killer Among Us, I also felt that things weren't fully explained, which meant that there wasn't much actual mystery. There was a good bit of action though, but everything felt rushed, as if we the readers were being pushed from one t ...more
Beth - ;)
This was a very short story just 35 pages on my e-reader, featuring Samantha and Connor from previous books. Had I known it was that short I would have read it a long time ago. Samantha, former FBI agent, and Connor, city cop are taking a well-deserved vacation on a cruise ship, along with their 3-year old son and Connor's 19 year-old-daughter. It was supposed to be a relaxing vacation but of course was not.

Not really a lot of suspense in such a short story, and I figured out early where the it
Tina Hunt
Mar 24, 2013 Tina Hunt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were some things I really liked about this story and one thing I didn't.

Sometimes when I read a book, I wish the author would just cut to the chase. I find myself skimming through to the "good parts." This was all good parts. From the opening scene to the ending I found it packed tight with action. Intense in a very good way.

It was like the tastiest snack. The perfect bite that keeps you looking forward to dinner--the author's next full course offering.

What I didn't like? It was done in a
Leslie
Oct 06, 2014 Leslie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curiosity got the best of me & just knowing this short story was even available meant that I had to read it since I enjoyed the series so much. I know it's a short story, but it is VERY short-kinda disappointed that it was $2.99 on nook then turned out to be only like 50 pages. However that being said it was an interesting read. Would've made for a great thriller including port stops & maybe a chase.
Stacy
I have enjoyed every book by Lynette Eason, and this one was no exception. Very short, good little short story about some characters I believe I've run across before, taking a vacation. Still can't get away from dead bodies on a cruise ship! Very short, read it while in a waiting room at a doctor's office!
Nicki
Aug 10, 2013 Nicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, detective, kindle
I did enjoy this short story. It hooked me right from the beginning and kept my attention with it's fast pace. Although there was a bit of back story it didn't ruin the pace by having too much of it. I liked the characters and the setting on the cruise ship was believable. I'd probably try some other books by this author.
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
This story did a great job of wrapping up this series and letting readers get a glimpse of Samantha's life post-marriage. :) While some of the action seemed a bit over-the-top, it was a good story overall. [4 stars]
Robert Frauens
Mar 03, 2016 Robert Frauens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Budman

I have read many books by Lynette Eason and have enjoyed them all especially the series type. This story was well thought out and also the mention of God several times made it a good read
Jami Whitwell
Dec 20, 2014 Jami Whitwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good for a short story

I don't usually like short stories too much because it's hard to build a good story line in a 100 page book. This book did a pretty good job with developing an exciting story that didn't seem too cheesy and unrealistic. It is definitely worth reading.
Kim
Jun 03, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so good. I missed the characters from the original book. It was nice catching up with them, but, the visit was too short. I can't wait for Lynette Eason's next regular novel to come out. It will be just as good as her others I am sure.
Rochelle Tindall
Another great story from Lynette Eason ... Full of suspense and action. The only downside is that it is a short story. I wanted to enjoy it for longer. I guess it did live up to it's title ... Gone in a Flash.
Larik
Mar 24, 2013 Larik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library, reviews
The whole story was-- Gone in a Flash!! I just got comfortable reading it and it was over!! Lovely sequel to Wolf's family. Again trouble follows them and again their doughter is in the middle of it. It is interesting and intriguing, short but really good... Enjoy it!!
BJ
This is the first I've read by this author, and I enjoyed it. It was pretty good considering it was so short. I have the first in this series on my Nook and will be reading it soon.
Quin
Dec 24, 2014 Quin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynette Eason's "Gone in a Flash" is just what the doctor ordered. If you like a little romance with heart-pounding, pulse-quickening, non-stop action, this is definitely the book for you.
Barbara
This was very good, but it didn't have as much substance as some of Lynette Eason's other books because it was a short story. I think it is very hard to develop a plot so quickly.
Brenda
Aug 18, 2015 Brenda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
took me 15 minutes to read it and can't say I enjoyed it, didn't feel right. .
Sandra
Good Book! Definitely a quick read!!
Sheri Salatin
Another great book by Lynette Eason. It's a mini-story following Samantha and Connor on a cruise. Fun, short read. Perfect for reading while waiting in line for something. :)
carrie warren-wandke
Fast paced

Lots going on at once and seemed like a really short book. Nothing a surprise or mystery, but still a good read.
Janelle
A novella for the fans of this series, which I'm not as it's the first time I've read anything by Eason.
Ruth
May 03, 2014 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun short

but I want to know more how many kids did her sisters have? genders you know the oh so important stuff he he
Linda Howard
Mar 23, 2014 Linda Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gone IN a Flash

Great book. I do love a good mystery. They don't get no better than Lynette Eason. I love her Women of Justice Series. I love to read about women in law enforcement.
Bree
Sep 26, 2014 Bree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-ebooks
Very short story about the characters from women of justice book 1 going on a family vacation.
Loraine Nunley
This was a nice, quick read by Lynette.
Carol Halcomb
Mar 03, 2013 Carol Halcomb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short story.
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Operation Zulu Redemption: Overkill - The Beginning
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Double Identity
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • Critical Pursuit (Critical Pursuit, #1)
  • Proof (Bloodline Trilogy, #1)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Point of No Return (Missions of Mercy, #1)
  • Relentless Pursuit (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Women of Justice (3 books)
  • Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)