Start by marking “Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People” as Want to Read:
Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People

Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Teaches people how to get along and work successfully with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and the boss.
Published May 1st 2012 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People

Ibjoy1953
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Sometimes people are difficult to get along with, and especially in the workplace. And its just because we are all so very different, and come from different backgrounds. In her book, “Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People, Dr. Elizabeth Brown deals with this issue in detail, helping us all work to get along better with people we work with.

I wish I had read this book while I was still employed at the Medical Clinic I worded for. Working in a payroll office that emp
Katy
This book had a lot of fluff and very little substance.

Even though I read the chapters, all I really needed to do was read the "insights" at the end of the chapter. Most of the book was blabbering, non-relevant examples and then a sentence on what to do without anything to back it up. If you're going to state why I should do something, tell me the benefits of doing so.

I did enjoy chapters 10 and 11 and I thought the book was picking up, but I was wrong.
Victor Gentile
Elizabeth B. Brown in her new book, “Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People” Book Two in the Screwed-Up People series published by Revell focuses on our work environment.

From the Back Cover: Crazy co-workers stressing you out? Here’s the solution.

Let’s face it. Some people just don’t listen, don’t care, and aren’t willing to compromise. And you probably work with some of them. The incomprehensible supervisor. The person in the next office who chats more than works. The customer who, by the
Title: WORKING SUCCESSFULLY WITH SCREWED-UP PEOPLE
Author: Elizabeth B. Brown
Publisher: Revell
May 2012
ISBN: 978-0800720117
Genre: Self-help/business

Are crazy co-workers stressing you out? Here’s the solution.

Let’s face it. Some people don’t listen, don’t care, and won’t compromise. And you probably work with them. The incomprehensible supervisor. The person who talks more than works. The customer who isn’t always right.

The good news is, it doesn’t take two people to change a relationship—it takes
Sunflower
Whether you are in the workplace, work from home, stay at home, whatever the situation, the truth is that we are going to meet, deal and have to work with people who we may find to be frustrating or as part of the title goes, seems just way out there, that they challenge our patience and nerves.

In comes, "Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People " by Elizabeth B. Brown; Although it maybe geared more for the workplace, there are insights that anyone can take away from the book that would help
Juanita Johnson
Absolutely positively a must read for me. I borrowed the audiobook and realized that I NEEDED this book on my shelf for frequent reference. Elizabeth Brown starts out recognizing that in real life there are just some crazy people. Crazy people make me crazy. Elizabeth takes the time to give concrete examples of crazy. She shows you when, no matter what you do, you won't be able to change the person. And then explains how you can handle it...realistically. When a person is unwilling, or unable, t ...more
Cafelilybookreviews
I always enjoy reading about personality types, character traits and how to get along with people who are different from me so this book held my interest, because it focused on how to improve relationships in the workplace.

In the appendix, there is a section called The Personality Zoo, which breaks down ten personality types and their traits. I found this very informative and helpful. According to the author, knowing your personality traits is a huge key in being able to get along well with othe
Matt
What I desperately need is verbal and mental judo in order to deal with the "screwed-up people" at my work place. What we have here is the old cliche, "Change what you cannot accept, Accept what you cannot change, and know the difference." My message to Elizabeth B. Brown is, "F**k You!"

This doesn't help. This and another book I read, tells the reader if things are really bad think about changing jobs, well in a normal economic climate that may be possible but in the Great Recession? C'mon!

She
Bob Allen
I don't care for the title — well, OK, I don't like the adjective in the title —but this is a good read. Brown helps people look at themselves and co-workers in realistic ways and gives really good principles for how to work effectively with flawed people. Emphasizes being sure that one is not the problem oneself. She touches on how to determine if it's time to actively seek a job change. Best chapters: 6 "People Don't Want to be Fixed" and 16 "It's Time to Say I'm Sorry". ...more
Lori
Loved it from the time I saw the cover! I bought this book for a gift so I had to hurry and read it before giving it away. ha! Wound up taking 7 pages of handwritten notes (front and back). Very helpful tips presented as if Elizabeth Brown works in my department! She captures many of the common situations we deal with. It was quick, funny, true and useful read!
Dave Lohman
I enjoyed this book, and it provides some good insights into myself and the people I work with. I know that a book is really good when I journal about it, as I did with is book. My thanks to Ms Brown for writing this book and sharing her insights and experiences.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Michael Holder
Michael Holder is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2015
Christopher Bajgier
Christopher Bajgier marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
TINA
TINA marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Molly
Molly is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2015
Diana Nagy
Diana Nagy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Duy Tran
Duy Tran marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Karen Silas
Karen Silas is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2015
Diane
Diane added it
May 31, 2015
Ginny Stone
Ginny Stone marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Riana
Riana marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Raweyasassi
Raweyasassi marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Paul Gelinas
Paul Gelinas marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Amna Alrumithi
Amna Alrumithi marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
  • Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Creating an Intimate Marriage: Rekindle Romance Through Affection, Warmth and Encouragement
  • When to Speak Up and When to Shut Up
  • Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
  • Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life
  • Around the World in 80 Dates: Confessions of a Christian Serial Dater
  • 7 Simple Choices for a Better Tomorrow
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation
  • True Crime in the Civil War: Cases of Murder, Treason, Counterfeiting, Massacre, Plunder & Abuse
  • 40 Unforgettable Dates with Your Mate: Creative Ways to Meet the Love Needs of Husbands and Wives
  • God Can't Sleep: Waiting for Daylight On Life's Dark Nights
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • The Four Seasons of Marriage
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Murder in the Round (Pamela Barnes Acoustic Mystery #5)
Living Successfully with Screwed-Up People Surviving the Loss of a Child: Support for Grieving Parents The Joy Choice: Happiness is an Inside Job

“People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.” 0 likes