Start by marking “An Indian Sojourn: One Woman's Spiritual Experience of Travel & Volunteering” as Want to Read:
An Indian Sojourn: One Woman's Spiritual Experience of Travel & Volunteering

An Indian Sojourn: One Woman's Spiritual Experience of Travel & Volunteering

For as long as she could remember Life Coach, Ellen Besso had a preoccupation with India and its people, feeling drawn to go there.

An Indian Sojourn is a wonderful book describing Ellen Besso's travel in India.Ellen writes: "India’s draw is complex; we can’t understand it within the frame of reference of our Western minds, and that is part of what pulls us in. Once our con
Published April 16th 2013 by Ellen Besso (first published December 2012)

To ask other readers questions about An Indian Sojourn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Indian Sojourn

Susan Girard
May 03, 2016 Susan Girard rated it it was amazing
Ellen Besso takes you on a wonderful, descriptive journey to India through McLeod Ganj and Dharamsala; I felt like I was right there as she daily journaled her very Spiritual walk with the citizens and visitors to this magical place...her honest account of all things good and bad...helps us to understand the plight of the displaced Tibetan people and the advancements that the Indian people and locals are making in their desire to improve conditions in an already very overpopulated Country. Her ...more
Suzanne Doyle-Ingram
Reading "An Indian Sojourn" brought me right back to our time spent traveling in India in 1998. My husband and I went there after living in Japan for three years and this book was such a wonderful refresher. It's really hard to describe India to someone who has never been there: the sights, the sounds, the smells... even the colours of India are amazing.

Ellen Besso writes so beautifully about her impression of India. She gets to know a lot of people while living there and she describes honestly
Ellen
Oct 09, 2013 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
“For as long as I can remember I’ve had a preoccupation with India and its people, feeling drawn to go there.” … “It was worth the wait, and I viewed it with different eyes than I would have at a younger age. For three months we lived, volunteered, soaked in the culture and breathed the often arid, dusty air of the country. India turned out to be everything I imagined it would be…and more. “

"An Indian Sojourn" is a many layered travel memoir about Ellen's experiences volunteering with Tibetan re
Ellen
Feb 13, 2013 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
An Indian Sojourn is Ellen's heartfelt journey into the timelessness of India's Tibetan refugee community in Dharamsala, where she lived and worked for a time, and to other areas of the country, where she travelled, explored and made friends. Both a spiritual journey and just plain fun! A must read for anyone interested in travel, for armchair travellers, India and/or the Tibetans in India.
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: india, travel-memoir
kindle 299 (travel stories)
Sardinia Travel
Sardinia Travel rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Jill Dobbe
Jill Dobbe marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Mirta Trupp
Mirta Trupp marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Wendy Wright
Wendy Wright is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2013
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Somali Chakrabarti
Somali Chakrabarti marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Asdeghik
Asdeghik marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Vera
Vera marked it as to-read
Arda T
Arda T marked it as to-read
Vartan Balassanian
Vartan Balassanian marked it as to-read
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Ellen Besso is a Life Coach and Author who helps women find new direction and spirituality in their ives.

Ellen’s first book, Surviving Eldercare chronicles her pilgrimage with her mother who had Alzheimer’s and offers a body, mind, and spirit approach to caregiving.

Her most recent book An Indian Sojourn takes the reader on a spiritual journey as Ellen and her partner tutor Tibetan refugees in Dhar
More about Ellen Besso...