Start by marking “A Hint of Seduction” as Want to Read:
A Hint of Seduction

A Hint of Seduction (Terrible Threesome)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Everyone thinks Catherine Reynolds has come to London to make a match. But she's actually trying to find out which of three men mentioned in her mother's journal is really her father.

However, the truth may be her undoing after Catherine takes a spill from her horse in Hyde Park, and a handsome stranger is there to rescue her. For the man she has just fallen in love-at-fi
Published September 7th 2004 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Hint of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hint of Seduction

Samantha Woods
' I won a free ARC of this book through Goodreads '

The Earl of Chatwin was racing his horse in the park when he literally runs into a woman. He is concerned about her so he puts her on his horse and she steals it. Rather then being mad he is intrigued. He is determined to find this woman and get his horse back. When he finally finds her he wants to get to know her. Not only is he after her affections but so is his Rival.

Lady Catherine was on her way to get her footman to help their groom who ha
Dianne
Amelia Grey’s A Hint of Seduction is the second romance about one of the Terrible Threesome. As the story begins, our heroine, Catherine is riding to get help for her injured groom when she literally almost collides with the Earl of Chatwin’s horse. Catherine is unseated and John (Chatwin) attempts to make sure she is uninjured. As he places her upon his horse to walk her back to get help, Catherine steals his horse and flees to get the help needed. The ensuing farce of why John lost his horse a ...more
Kimia Safavi
A Hint of Seduction is the first book I read by Amelia Grey and I really enjoyed it. It is a delightful and light historical romance with lovable characters and great plots. The hero and heroine were sweet and witty I like how Lady Catherine spoke her mind and was determined to find out about her father. The Earl of Chatwin was a perfect charming hero and trustworthy. I am looking forward to read more books by this author. Thank you Amelia Grey
Daniellegn
A low three. I enjoyed this, but there were many little things that bothered me. To me, the heroine came across as very naive; the hero kept describing her as witty and independent, but that was not how she seemed to me- though I also felt some of the writing sounded like it was written by a teenager, so perhaps it was just poor characterization by the author. I did like the heroine overall, she was very straightforward (despite sneaking around behind her sister's back). I had a hard time liking ...more
Debbie Lester
Author Amelia Grey brings readers another romp through the ton, with her latest book, A Hint of Seduction. Grey's sense of character development is the real strength of this novel. It is a light Regency novel that will leave the reader feeling like they have become acquainted with these characters and longing to know more about them. Grey uses interesting sub-plots and multi-dimensional secondary characters to move the plot forward and keep the reader hanging in the balance. With the hint of not ...more
Lindy
She steals his horse with no explanation, then gives him crap about not trying harder to get it back. DNF.
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
' I won a free ARC of this book through Goodreads '

Lady Catherine was on her way to get her footman to help their groom who ha
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
I won A Hint of Seduction by Amelia Grey from Goodreads.
A story about a young woman who, during the Victorian era, journeys to London in search of her biological father, A Hint of Seduction is a wonderful read for those who love historical romance. Grey does a truly fantastic job of weaving into the story the hindrances caused by the societal rules of the time. Modern women of Western societies may be appalled by the limitations put on the main character, Catherine Reynolds, but they will also a
N. Kuhn
This is a clever little Historical Romance. I really enjoyed the characters and the plot. It's refreshing that a book isn't revolving around finding a husband. Catherine and John are wonderful characters. The love that evolves really makes the story fantastic. It's not really love at first sight. You see them change, each in their own way, but for the better.

The only thing keeping it from 5 stardom is the part of the plot about finding Catherine's real father. For it being pivitol to the story a
Blodeuedd Finland
I really do enjoy Amelia Grey's books, they are just sweeter somehow. And in this book the heroine did something shocking, she did not do the whole let's not tell the truth just yet dance when it came to that later in the book. Finally, a heroine with her head on her shoulder.

Catherine was a nice and innocent heroine. Perfectly likable. While John is of course a bit of a rake who belonged to the terrible threesome, the men who would not marry (and then they all did ;). It's not love at first sig
Huong
Jessie Mihalik
I made it 40% before I gave up. It was an interesting premise, but not executed well. I found myself skimming quite a bit, the dialogue was stilted, and I didn't feel the characters had any chemistry. Overall, not for me.
Bloodqueen
Hmm it was an ok story. Dont really have anything to say about it, I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. It really didn't grab my attention. Boring in many parts could see what was coming.
Marlene
**Won this book through Goodreads First reads giveaway** I received this book in January but I got involved in reading it I forgot to say I got it...it was a great read, nicely written and of course the romance was wonderful! Awesome book :-)
Kara
I rec'd book to read for a review. I really enjoyed this book and I laughed. I love romance novels that are funny and yet touch the serious sides of the heart. Also how it was proper for that time setting. Looking forward to reading more of her novels.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Not a lot of depth to the story but that's okay. I will probably read more by this author. I just didn't feel it deserved any more than 3 stars.
Brooke Springer
I really enjoyed this whole series. I had never read anything by this author before and I now look forward to her other stories.
Cynthia Roberts
292 pages of wonderful reading.
Meilitha Sari
Meilitha Sari marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Sheryl Thompson
Sheryl Thompson marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Rafaella Anderson
Rafaella Anderson is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2015
  • Romancing the Rogue
  • One Rogue Too Many (Rival Rogues, #1)
  • To Kiss a Spy (Kiss, #2)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • The MacGregor's Lady (MacGregors, #3)
  • Scandalous Virtue
  • The Last Highlander
  • The Enchantress (Highland Treasure, #2)
  • Dangerous To Love
  • Nothing But Scandal
  • Pleasuring the Prince (Flambeau Sisters, #1)(The Kazanovs, #4)
  • One Night with an Earl (House of Trent, #2.5)
  • Never Seduce A Scoundrel (Foxe Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Lady X's Cowboy
  • The Secret Life of Miss Anna Marsh (The Marriage Game, #2)
  • Tea for Two
  • Abducted by a Prince (Cinderella Sisterhood, #3)
  • A Worthy Wife
Amelia Grey (aka Gloria Dale Skinner) grew up in a small town in the Florida Panhandle. She has been happily married to her high school sweetheart for over twenty-five years. She has lived in Alabama, Connecticut, New Hampshire and now lives in Florida.

Amelia has won the coveted Romantic Times award for Love and Laughter, the prestigious Maggie award for best historical and Affaire de Coeur's bes
More about Amelia Grey...

Terrible Threesome (3 books)
  • A Dash of Scandal
  • A Taste of Temptation
Never a Bride A Duke to Die For (The Rogues' Dynasty #1) A Gentleman Says "I Do" (The Rogues' Dynasty, #5) A Gentleman Never Tells (The Rogues' Dynasty #4) An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)