Start by marking “A Tainted Mind (Windsor, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Tainted Mind (Windsor, #1)
Read Excerpt

A Tainted Mind (Windsor #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  21 reviews
OBSESSED with her job as a medical examiner and lead consultant with the FBI, Dr. Vivienne 'Vivi' DeMarco is a woman running from her own demons. And finding the remains of a body on the side of a road in rural upstate New York wasn't part of her plan. FRUSTRATED that the ghosts from his past won't leave him alone, Ian MacAllister makes for a reluctant Deputy Chief of Poli ...more
Published April 18th 2013 by Booktrope Editions (first published April 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Tainted Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tainted Mind

Barbara Ann
I really enjoyed reading A Tainted Mind. It’s a mystery and romance that builds to a suspenseful climax and has a satisfying ending. The focus of the story is about finding a killer after Dr. Vivienne DeMarco discovers a skeleton as she’s passing through the small town of Windsor, New York. Vivi decides to work with Deputy Chief of Police, Ian MacAllister, to solve the case. The blossoming romance between them occurs over the course of the story and is cleverly connected to the case itself.

I thank the author for a copy of this in paperback, and what follows is my own opinion of the book.

I found myself quite unable to put the book down once I had begun reading it. I finally had to stop to get some sleep, which is not unusual for my reading habits!

I was quickly engrossed in this suspense story, in what turned out to be a serial killer mystery, in which all (or most?) of the victims bore a resemblance to Dr. Vivienne DeMarco, the story's heroine, a child prodigy who started college a
John Kurtze
Tamsen Schultz's A TAINTED MIND A WINDSOR NOVEL delivers a story that has something for everyone. Schultz weaves her story around the small community of Windsor, New York. Readers who enjoy a story with mystery and suspense will be hooked from the time they open the cover of A TAINTED MIND to the end. Tamsen Schultz's story is full of thrills and surprises and a thread of romance. The threads of romance are an integral part of Schultz's story. While driving towards Windsor, New York, Vivienne De ...more
I was torn on what rating to give this book because there were times I would have stopped reading it if I had not agreed to review it but at other times I found myself enjoying the book so I went with a medium rating because it did not hold my attention throughout the entire book.
The biggest problem I had with the book was it dragged on way to slowly for my taste. There was way to much stuff that bogged the story down and made the entire story get lost. I must say the speed did pick up in the la
A Tainted Mind finds Vivienne DeMarco on "vacation" driving through rural New York. She finds herself in the small town of Windsor where she finds a body on the side of the road and calls the police. This is how she meets Ian MacAllister, Deputy Chief of Police of Windsor. Vivi has many jobs, some of which are medical examiner and a consultant with the FBI so she wants to stay involved with the body identification. Both Vivi and Ian have baggage but are drawn to each other.

They determine that th
While traveling through upstate New York, Dr. Vivienne DeMarco stumbles upon the remains of a woman in a rural area. Deputy Police Chief Ian McAlister asks Viv for her help to investigate the crime. At first Viv refuses, but reluctantly stays on when it appears they have a serial killer in the area, as more victims are discovered. And is it just coincidental that these women all resemble Viv?

Viv started college when she was sixteen, and she became a Professor, a Cop, an ME, FBI Consultant, and a
Adrienne Testa
Vivienne De Marcos is obsessed with her job as a medical examiner and FBI consultant, until her family is killed and she has a melt down. She takes a leave of absence from her work, only to find herself in the middle of a serial killer case in Windsor New York. Vivienne finds a dead body on the side of the road after a heavy rain storm, she reports it to the local police. Ian MacAllister is the local deputy, a former Army Ranger, over coming his own demons when he meets Vivienne De Marcos. Vivie ...more
John Kurtze
Mystery Full of Exciting Characters Who Deliver Suspense.,

Tamsen Schultz’s A TAINTED MIND A WINDSOR NOVEL delivers a story that has something for everyone. Schultz weaves her story around the small community of Windsor, New York. Readers who enjoy a story with mystery and suspense will be hooked from the time they open the cover of A TAINTED MIND to the end. Tamsen Schultz’s story is full of thrills and surprises and a thread of romance. The threads of romance are an integral part of Schultz’s s
Wonderfully written, suspenseful tale. Amazingly well researched, in several areas - pathology of serial killers, police procedures, and psychology of PTSD. The plot is credible as is the romance. I eagerly await her next work.
Amber (Daisymau)
Wow, what a great story. A real page turner that was hard to put down. Kept me in suspense until the very end. A very shocking ending to a great story. Can’t wait to read the other books in the series.

Vivienne DeMarco, who works for the Boston PD, the FBI and is an ME, discovers a body while on vacation. She ends up helping Ian MacAllister, Deputy Chief of Police of Windsor, New York solve the case.

I had really mixed feelings about this book. It was very well-written but the first half of the book really didn't hold my attention. In fact, I got interrupted after chapter 12 and didn't get back to it for a week. When I picked it up again, I couldn't remember the characters or plot. This is unu
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Star Review - A Tainted Mind

I recommend this book.

I enjoyed this book by Tamsen. This book includes passion, laughs, heartache, kidnappings, murder, and betrayal.

Vivi is supposed to be on a leave of absence from work. When she pulls over to change a tire along the road of a small town she stumbles across a body. When the local Deputy Chief of Police, Ian is called to investigate he asks her to help out in the investigation.

As they investigate the crime more and more woman show up missing or
Jeanie Jackson
A Tainted Mind is an outstanding, fast-paced suspense novel with a wonderful romantic element. While the plot is solid and complex, it is the quality of characters that make the story great. I am glad that this is a series because even the secondary character grabbed my interest and absolutely I loved the main characters who are both extremely strong intelligent characters who have faced almost more than they can handle. This one will having you begging for more just as it does me.
Samantha Martin
A Tainted Mind will take you into the depths of the mind of a serial killer. Vivi has skeletons in her closet that she has been running from for a long time, but the have finally caught up to her. Who does she trust? Vivi has a lot going on in her life. Being busy helps her to forget the demon that wants her. When she meets the Chief of Police for Windsor there is an instant connection that she cannot deny. Ian has demons of his own, he does not need to worry about someone else's.

Vivi and Ian a
I've read my fair share of romantic suspense. It's one of my favorite genres, actually! I was excited to receive the opportunity to review A Tainted Mind.
I found all of the characters extraordinarily vibrant and engaging, something that is actually quite rare in the books I've been reading lately (maybe it's just the books I've been choosing...who knows!). Vivi DeMarco has had one hell of a hard time lately. I found myself easily identifying with her struggles (which are an integral part of the
WOW!!!!! I really like the romantic suspense genre, that said... I really, really loved this book!

This story had me on the "edge of my seat" throughout the entire book. If I wasn't on the edge of my seat I was pacing the floor while reading it. There were so many twists & turns in this story, I didn't know what to expect next.
Of course there was also the romantic part, a fast paced - hot loving couple that dreams are made of. Vivienne & Ian compliment each others strengths & weakness
Danielle Taylor
I really enjoyed reading this book and would give it 4.5 stars. The characters were interesting and the romance was nice. Although I too figured out the killer it was still a very good book and I will read more from this author.
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the mystery as well as the love story. I have never read Tamsen Schultz before, but I will definitely watch for her works. I was totally surprised by the ending when the murderer was discovered. I also appreciated the writing skill that all the various aspects of Dr. DeMarco's talents so interesting and I could actually picture what the Deputy Sheriff looked like. Great read.
Tamsen pens "A Tainted Mind" in a plot that is filled with mystery, adventure, and romance. With her well developed and strong characters, they kept me turning the pages. This was one book that I thought I had it all figured out but then BAM another twist was thrown in. A must read that will not disappoint for all romantic suspense fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Finally finished this book! Can't believe it took me this long, will review soon! Really liked it!
Limyrza is currently reading it
Oct 09, 2015
bt added it
Oct 07, 2015
Blue Falcon
Blue Falcon marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Marianthi marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
J.l. marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Dd marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Dora marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Lys Robison
Lys Robison marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Romantic Suspense: Looking for Reviews! 12 23 Sep 20, 2013 12:48PM
Tamsen Schultz is the author of several romantic suspense novels and American Kin (a short story published in Line Zero Magazine). In addition to being a writer, she has a background in the field of international conflict resolution, has co-founded a non-profit, and currently works in corporate America. Like most lawyers, she spends a disproportionate amount of time thinking (and writing) about wh ...more
More about Tamsen Schultz...

Windsor (4 books)
  • These Sorrows We See (Windsor, #2)
  • What Echoes Render (Windsor, #3)
  • The Frailty of Things (Windsor, #4)
The Puppeteer These Sorrows We See (Windsor, #2) The Frailty of Things (Windsor, #4) What Echoes Render (Windsor, #3)