Start by marking “Spider-Man: One More Day” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man: One More Day

Spider-Man: One More Day (The Amazing Spider-Man #15)

3.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,811 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
The stakes have never been higher for Peter Parker. At his darkest hours - and he's had plenty - Peter has always had one shoulder to lean on, one person who'd remind him who he is, who he was, and who he can be. Now he's about to lose that person. What would he do...what would you do, if you only had "One More Day?"
The most-talked about - and controversial - comic event o
Published April 9th 2008 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man

Andy
May 29, 2009 Andy rated it did not like it
I can no longer read new Spider-Man comics. Over 10 years of my reading, and 20 years of continuity - not just in the Spidey world, but with ramifications throughout the Marvel universe - were wiped away in a badly written four part series.

Every character acted completely OUT OF CHARACTER culminating in with Mary Jane and Peter Parker, quite literally, selling their souls to the Devil.

This is without doubt the worst comic book series I've ever read. This is how you kill a hero, and lose readers
Nicolo Yu
Feb 05, 2012 Nicolo Yu rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
J. Michael Straczynski (JMS) final story of his acclaimed and often times polarizing but overall commercially successfully run on Amazing Spider-Man ended with his most controversial storyline: the dissolution of Peter and Mary Jane’s marriage. This was an editorial mandate from Joe Quesada , so JMS’s final story was not entirely his own. Quesada wanted to make Spider-Man more accessible to new and younger readers with an unmarried hero and a streamlined continuity. Quesada’s fingerprints were a ...more
Jason
Jan 23, 2011 Jason rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Mitchell
Huh. Pretty much have to separate out what I think of this book from what I think of what it does to the Marvel Universe. The book itself is great - it feels real and the art captures the emotion of the story. The alternate paths of Peter Parker are better than I would have expected or hoped for. The rationale, the process Peter goes through and Peter and MJ go through ...

As for the Universe - the editors and publishers who came up with this just plain suck. You write a continuity, it'd be nice
Aaron
Oct 06, 2010 Aaron rated it did not like it
Well, here it is. The infamous end to JMS’s 6-year stranglehold on Spider-Man. I read this back when it was being released in single issues, and remember just being confused by it, as I wasn’t totally caught up on Spider-Man at the time. But now I’m 100% caught up, and all that’s done is make this goofball story seem even sillier.

About halfway through the book, I thought about giving up. Knowing this was his final Spider-Man story must’ve put JMS in Existentialism Explosion Mode, because every w
Gary D.
Jan 24, 2009 Gary D. rated it did not like it
Norman
Feb 15, 2016 Norman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-comics
Sad. Sad sad sad.

I dunno what all the negative hubbub and hooah's about, but I thunk it to be a nice ending without actually "ending" the character. Who wants to read a story that goes on forever? I love that there's variation - like Ultimate Spider-Man was a much-needed fresh take. I know I've already lost interest in Slott's run and feel like I need a reboot. I'm probably in the minority in that regard.

Then again, I'm pretty bummed out. Married and older Peter is sort of a parallel to my cur
Mike
Jan 20, 2013 Mike rated it it was ok
The deal with a devil is so heavily telegraphed in the first issue of this book, it's hard not to see this like some teen drama on the CW, and have just as hard a time taking any of it seriously. There's not one moment of the setup that feels like a genuinely human, quiet, I don't know what to do moment. The most redeeming thing about this book is the art boost compared to the previous book - Queseda is so much more interesting an artist than Garney (at least for what he turned in on Back In Bla ...more
Michael
Collecting the "One Day More" arc of stories from the Spider-Man publishing canon. It sees the end of J. Michael Stracynski's epic, six-year run on the flagship title for Spider-Man.

Going into the story, I was already aware of how some elements would play out. Peter must make the choice to save Aunt May for a gun shot wound and death--but at the price of giving up his marriage to Mary Jane. In a lot of ways, this is a huge reset button for the Spider-Man universe, especially in the huge coming o
Pontos
Sep 09, 2011 Pontos rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
En esencia, los eventos planteados en "One More Day" son una gran excusa para poder resetear media vida de Spiderman. Pero aún así, como historia es buena.
Algunas partes son decididamente estúpidas (Que el matrimonio de Peter y Mary Jane es uno puro que solo pasa cada mil años? Que deshacerlo es precio suficiente para Mephisto ya que le quita algo a lo que queda claro que es el dios judeocristiano? En cierto modo canonizar dicho dios en un universo que ya contiene incontables deidades y entidade
Luke
Jul 30, 2011 Luke rated it did not like it
I came to comics a little later than most, so I started reading Amazing Spiderman when JMS started his run.

I loved it. I read all through the whole mystical aspect of Spiderman, the Ezekiel stuff, Evolve or Die and Civil War.

I loved it all. The chemistry between MJ and Peter always seemed perfect, sure it might've given teenage boys unrealistic expectations of marriage, but it was great. Thier marriage seemed so happy.

Then I read this.........

Firstly I feel sorry for JMS. I hear he was told to
Ryan Loveless
Sep 15, 2016 Ryan Loveless rated it really liked it
J.
Dec 03, 2011 J. rated it liked it
I hated everything about the actual setup--I hate retcons in general, and making a deal with the devil is a particularly cheesy way to do it. BUT, having said that, I really enjoyed the emotion between Peter and MJ in the last two chapters, including some really slow, loving moments which you rarely get in superhero comics. So I'm going to give the book some credit for that.

But in terms of ramifications (both in comics universe, and amongst readers), and making us take Spider-Man comic books ser
Feather Mista
Jul 04, 2011 Feather Mista rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Más que incondicionales del personaje o completistas
Recommended to Feather by: Que cerraba una saga y precio.
Puaj, qué horrible manera de terminar una gran etapa y, de yapa, cagarse en cientos de historias contadas a lo largo de casi veinte años. Si el "mefistazo" me molestó sin haberme considerado jamás fan de Spiderman, no me imagino de haberlo sido el nivel de indignación que tendría, y seguro que votar esta saga con una estrella me parecería mucho. Si no fuera porque tiene algunas partes interesantes y porque el dibujo en general está bastante bien, seguro que le ponía una sola estrellita para mani ...more
Lincoln
Jan 15, 2008 Lincoln rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who needs something to wipe their ass on
George
Apr 09, 2008 George rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Editorially mandated Spider Man reboot (the writer wanted his name removed from the credits) in which Peter Parker sells his marriage to The Devil. Pretty awful, but as I haven't liked the direction Spider Man has been going in for a long time I'm glad they did something.

BTW, Brand New Day is very good.
Carlton
Apr 24, 2009 Carlton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I didn't think I would enjoy reading this, having been spoiled by Wikipedia; but I was thoroughly surprised to find myself completely agreeing with the decisions that JMS and Joe Q. made for this arc. Well done!
Jim Ef
May 06, 2015 Jim Ef rated it it was ok
Come on Marvel, you can do better. I find it kind of stupid to be honest. Again and again the same thing. Peter is feeling guilty and he will do anything to make things right, but it never that easy blah blah blah.
Виктор
Sep 06, 2015 Виктор rated it did not like it
Stupidest shit I ever read.
Paul
Jul 18, 2008 Paul rated it really liked it
Angela
May 12, 2017 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get your hankies ready. This is a really good story, all about what you would do to save a loved one. Though short it is very powerful, and completely changes the Spider universe. I can't really say more without spoiling it, but anyone who likes character based stories will love this. A really good read.
Jan Gimme books
May 23, 2017 Jan Gimme books rated it it was amazing
Wow One more day is the best histories of character, great history and great love for the uncle may and Mary Jane Wattson , the plot is very enthralling and fantastic.
Mesut Sinanoğlu
May 09, 2017 Mesut Sinanoğlu rated it liked it
Çok güzel bir hikaye olacak iken. sona doğru çuvallayarak orta seviye olmayı başardı marvel'dan soğumaya adım adım yaklaşıyorum!.
Richard
Mar 15, 2013 Richard rated it really liked it
JMS wrote about 75 issues of Spider-Man. That's a pretty long run and I'm going to attempt to give my opinion of the whole thing. It wasn't perfect. It is very hard to do anything original with such a long running character while remaining true to the established character. Especially when the same character also appears in 4 or 5 other series every month all written by different people. But compared to some of the crap writing Spider-Man had suffered over the previous years JMS was a breath of ...more
Daniel
Jan 06, 2017 Daniel rated it liked it
Matt Anderson
Phillip Goodman
i am not a fan of retconning, though it is sometimes used to iron out mistakes and inconsistencies, allowing the whole long comic book work to be viewed in a more complex way, mostly i find it to be cowardly and lacking in imagination, of which there is surely no higher a sin in the world of comic books, and yet this happens with sometimes alarming frequency, DC comics have made a habit of it with there seemingly endless stream of "crisis" stories, leading all the way up to the recent "flashpoin ...more
Lisa Martínez
Oct 18, 2016 Lisa Martínez rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Ni idea si cuenta como libro, pero no deja de ser una lectura xD

Estoy aprovechando ahora que salen estas historietas en mi país para adentrarme al mundo de los cómics.
La historia se sitúa después de los sucesos ocurridos en Civil war (el cómic original, no la adaptación del cine). Peter reveló su identidad como Spiderman al mundo y eso provocó que tanto su tía May como Mary Jane quedaran expuestas ante el peligro, que al final concluye con un disparo hacia May.
Pese a que entendía perfectamente l
Oscar
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 3
  • Fantastic Four: Masters of Doom
  • Iron Man, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Haunted
  • Wolverine: The Reckoning
Joseph Michael Straczynski (born July 17, 1954), known professionally as J. Michael Straczynski and informally as Joe Straczynski or JMS, is an American writer and television producer. He works in films, television series, novels, short stories, comic books, and radio dramas. He is a playwright, a former journalist, and author of The Complete Book of Scriptwriting. He was the creator and showrunne ...more
More about J. Michael Straczynski...

The Amazing Spider-Man (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Coming Home
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 7: The Book of Ezekiel
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 8: Sins Past
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 9: Skin Deep
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 10: New Avengers

“You can't just pick up a gun and become a gunfighter, or go off and explore for a new world, or pull a sword out of a stone, or rescue a damsel in distress, or-- so we play games and we read books because the world isn't the world we thought we were supposed to get, the world we thought we'd been promised by somebody. Because things didn't turn out the way they were supposed to. So we go someplace else.” 1 likes