Start by marking “Shipfaced” as Want to Read:
Shipfaced

Shipfaced (Caverns and Creatures short)

An attempt at an honest day's work turns into a disaster, as Tim, Dave, Julian, and Cooper try to avoid getting raped by pirates and spending the rest of their lives staring at each other's dongs.
Published May 11th 2013 by DeadPixel Publications

To ask other readers questions about Shipfaced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shipfaced

Thomas Cardin
May 14, 2013 Thomas Cardin rated it it was amazing
Quite possibly the best so far from the boys of Critical Failures. I really did try to read the opening scene to my wife, but I could not due to boughts of uncontrollable infantile laughter. I give this story 5 stars plus one bonus star for each time the word "wang" was used during the telling.
Kathy Coleman
May 20, 2013 Kathy Coleman rated it it was amazing
Here we have another Caverns and Creatures Mini-Adventure, and what an adventure this is. Mixing his quirky, obnoxious, and yet oh-so-lovable quartet of adventurers up with too-expensive booze, a pirate ship and moody merfolk, Robert Bevan has again succeeded in creating a comic fantasy gem that will be loved by gamers, fantasy geeks, and fans of old school table top role playing.

Fans of Critical Failures and Robert's other Caverns and Creatures mini adventures are in for a treat here. I would,
Sharon Stevenson
May 21, 2013 Sharon Stevenson rated it it was amazing
'Shipfaced' is the latest mini-adventure featuring the 'Critical Failures' characters and this time there's pirates!

I think this might be the best mini-adventure yet. As usual I was thoroughly amused from start to finish, most notably when the pirates got a bit rapey and then when the strange merfolk showed up. There are some brilliantly weird moments in there and I'm likely to give it another read while I wait for the next novel to come out.

The sense of humour is immature and the language profa
Glenn Trust
Jan 16, 2014 Glenn Trust rated it it was amazing
Quirky, edgy and hilarious, Bevan blends crisp dialogue and his fruitful (fruity?) imagination to bring to life a fantasy adventure that moves briskly and entertainingly to its conclusion.

Bevan's writing is reminiscent of Kurt Vonnegut, but with a few more "F" bombs. Excellent dialogue and character interaction. An irreverent masterpiece that is part of a series that will certainly become a camp classic in the genre. Robert Bevan is on my "Buy" list.
Colby
Jun 19, 2013 Colby rated it it was amazing
Another quick read from the Caverns and Creatures world, this one was much more fleshed out than cave of the kobolds. I really enjoy this series, and look forward to more from Bevan.
T.W. Barton
Aug 06, 2014 T.W. Barton rated it really liked it
If your looking for some humor in your day then this book is for you. There were many points though out the book that had me laughing out loud and shaking my head. Be warned though if you have a delicate constitution and are easily offended by language then maybe you better steer clear.

You know that feeling when you walk up to a group of people having a discussion and you listen to it but because you came in in the middle of the discussion your of kilter? Well that is how I felt with this book a
Rabid Readers Reviews
Aug 12, 2013 Rabid Readers Reviews rated it really liked it
Bevan is a man's man author. He is ribald, unfiltered and writing an instructional thesis on the f-word in "Shipfaced." His work for the most part isn't offensive but skates the politically correct lines. That said, underneath the frat boy humor is a subtext of social commentary. Bevan offers a message of working together for a common goal. I could be completely off base but felt a bit of social commentary in the narrative.

The plot is fairly straightforward. The quartet (and the raven familiar)
Carol
Jul 13, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
This was a decent and fast read. It made me cringe a few times. It is definitely not for the squeamish or easily offended by profanity or adult content. I believe that I will read more of Bevan's writings.
Kirk McCarver
Kirk McCarver rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Steve Wetherell
Steve Wetherell rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2013
Cj Keller
Cj Keller rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Bud Bullard
Bud Bullard rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
WaldoDude
WaldoDude rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Aaron Benwell
Aaron Benwell rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Gary Reich
Gary Reich rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Patrick Belva
Patrick Belva rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Ariel Sanders
Ariel Sanders rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Jordan Bentley
Jordan Bentley rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
V.
V. rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2014
Gwen Morris
Gwen Morris rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Hugo Rodrigues
Hugo Rodrigues rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Jennifer Gomez
Jennifer Gomez rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Amanda Grogan
Amanda Grogan rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Nicholas Hendley
Nicholas Hendley rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Caverns and Creatures (7 books)
  • Critical Failures
  • Critical Failures II: Fail Harder
  • Critical Failures III: A Storm of S-Words
  • d6
  • 2d6
  • 3d6 (Caverns and Creatures)
  • Critical Failures IV