Start by marking “The Lost Boy, The Doodlebug, and the Mysterious Number 80” as Want to Read:
The Lost Boy, The Doodlebug, and the Mysterious Number 80

The Lost Boy, The Doodlebug, and the Mysterious Number 80

During the London Blitz a young woman has a vision while reading Tarot cards of two lovers in great peril and knows it will be her destiny to help them. Meanwhile Robert, a wounded and repressed Battle of Britain pilot, dreams of happiness and of a love he believes he can never have.

In another time, Charlie, a troubled little boy growing up in the repressed suburbs of 1950
Published May 1st 2013 by Troubadour Publishing Ltd Matador

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Boy, The Doodlebug, and the Mysterious Number 80

Mike Carrington
Aug 10, 2013 Mike Carrington rated it it was amazing
To quote a friend, "the spiritual journey of a damaged soul may be transformed by remarkable events and love......"
The Lost Boy, the Doodlebug and the Mysterious Number 80 is a complex tale that permits us to share the life of Charlie, one of the lost boys of the title, and journey with him literally from birth to death. It is both a romance and a murder mystery, with elements of pagan spirituality and time travel thrown in. What is there not to like?! I found the story engaging and I really car
Nick Turner
Jul 16, 2013 Nick Turner rated it it was ok
Time travelling gay romance reminiscent of The Time Traveller's Wife.
At first, with the story being told from the perspective of a woman character's dreams, I didn't look forward to reading the next page - a story about gay life needs a gay protagonist! But soon the narrative did change perspective, granting my wish; it came to life and the pages flew by.

For fantasy romance fans all the tropes are present: precognitive visions, destiny, a partly past setting, boy-on-boy action.
Three third-person
Stevie Henden
Jun 06, 2013 Stevie Henden rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
William Fell-Holden
William Fell-Holden rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2016
Flora Cooke
Flora Cooke rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Alison Mcinnes
Alison Mcinnes marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Matador
Matador marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Jon Calton
Jon Calton marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
I am a born and bred South Londoner immensely proud of my Cockney roots and very inspired by my family’s story which started in the slums of Whitechapel in the 1880's.
I now live in Dulwich with my beloved partner of 23 years, Neil and our loyal, affectionate,physic cat Max. I have enjoyed an exciting and eclectic adulthood, which started with a whiff of joss stick and flared jeans in the early 70’
More about Stevie Henden...