Start by marking “The Case of Colourful Clothes and Kilts (Dumphries Detective #2)” as Want to Read:
The Case of Colourful Clothes and Kilts (Dumphries Detective #2)

The Case of Colourful Clothes and Kilts (Dumphries Detective #2)

The second part of The Dumfries Detective Trilogy.
Jin Johnstone is not a policeman, not an ex-policeman, not an ex-marine, judo expert, in fact not really a private detective either. He is just an ordinary guy who wants to help other people with their problems.

The best friend of Charlie Menzies is dead. Soon there is another death and the naked body is wrapped in a kilt.
Published November 21st 2013 by RRGall

To ask other readers questions about The Case of Colourful Clothes and Kilts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of Colourful Clothes and Kilts

Sharon Stevenson
Jul 17, 2013 Sharon Stevenson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, crime
'The Case of the Colourful Clothes and Kilts' is the second amateur detective story starring Gall's mildly neurotic and vastly likeable Jin Johnstone.

The quirky flavour that made book one so interesting is still very much present, and yet again I was surprised by how the entwined mysteries unfolded. I found this book a quick and easy read with some intriguing moments. I think it was a bit slower than the first book but I very much enjoyed how Jin's character developed and was left satisfied by t
Randy
Dec 22, 2013 Randy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Dumfries Detective trilogy and the third one I've read. I liked this one best of the three. As with the other two ("The Case of the Pig in the Evening Suit" and "The Case of Hermit's Guest Bedroom") I really enjoy the Scottish writing and words and the imagery of RR Gall. I read all three on my Kindle PaperWhite, and many of the Scottish words that I did not know were found in the dictionaries.

The other two books had poor Jin Johnstone fiercely attacked and almost
Babus Ahmed
Nov 12, 2013 Babus Ahmed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book in the series, and the second did not disappoint. Jin finds his services in demand and there has been a murder. Not usual to find such a case up in Dumfries and a very bloody murder seen, Jin can't help asking questions. The backdrop of a small intimate community and secrets buried in the pasts and smuggling ring bring this crime thriller to the fore but the unique sense of humour that runs throughout this book is what makes you want more. I'm looking forward to reading ...more
Christina Simons
I was able to borrow the third one of this trilogy and will read it also, but the books are disappointing. With a good premise and off-beat characters (although it's taken two books for me to keep some of them straight), I should like this series more than I do.

And yet I keep reading them. A puzzlement.
Julie
Apr 20, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
The Kilt is a Clue

Puns and clues are scattered around, but you need to be alert to see them.
A mystery trilogy that kept me guessing as I read the first two. I'm looking forward to the end of the series.
I'm off to buy the third book now.
Blake Borate
Mar 09, 2014 Blake Borate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed every page. Couldn't wait to find out what would pop up next and where the story would go.
Beagle44
Jun 05, 2014 Beagle44 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this even more than the first. Usually 3 crimes going on at once and the development of the personal lives of the characters. Looking forward to visiting these folks for a long time.
Kim
Kim rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2014
Lauren Gemmell
Lauren Gemmell rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Shannon Holman
Shannon Holman rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
david schwalm
david schwalm rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
E Alexander
E Alexander rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Dave Marten
Dave Marten rated it liked it
May 06, 2015
Eva
Eva rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Donna Sommerville
Donna Sommerville rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Philip (sarah) Willis
Philip (sarah) Willis rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
James Fish
James Fish rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Mguhin
Mguhin rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Barbara St. Dennis
Barbara St. Dennis rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Nancy C. Armstrong
Nancy C. Armstrong rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Phil Bell
Phil Bell rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Gillsherwood
Gillsherwood rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Lena Ross
Lena Ross rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Mark Allen
Mark Allen rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014