Start by marking “Super Shred: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Fast!” as Want to Read:
Super Shred: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Fast!

Super Shred: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Fast!

The diet that works faster and forever!
SUPER SHRED
Using the same principles—meal spacing, snacking, meal replacement and diet confusion—that made his SHRED a major #1 bestseller—Dr. Ian has developed what dieters told him they needed: a quick-acting plan that is safe and easy to follow at home, at work, or on the road.
SUPER SHRED
It’s a program with four week-long cycles:
Published December 31st 2013 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Super Shred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Shred

Stacey Chillemi
May 05, 2014 Stacey Chillemi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super Shred: The Big Results Diet by # New York Times bestselling author Dr. Ian Smith is a four-week supercharged weight loss plan based on a combination of new science and the dieter-tested concepts behind Dr. Ian’s #1 mega-bestseller of 2013, Shred: The Revolutionary Diet. Dr. Ian K. Smith was also recently announced as co-host of the Emmy-winning daytime talk show The Doctors.

I found this book to be very informative and motivational. Packed with well-researched information based on proven sc
Angela Helton
Dec 27, 2014 Angela Helton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This plan works! I have PCOS, so losing weight is a nightmare. In my 30s now, it's become so much more challenging. I tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, a low carb diet specially designed for me by the dietician at my endocrinologist's office and NOTHING. I once lost 3 pounds in a month; so depressing! Then I heard about Shred and Super Shred on The Doctors TV show. I was willing to try anything! I lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks!!! While it's not the 20 I had hoped for, it was huge for me. In fact, ...more
Ashley
Jun 02, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up as desperate attempt to get in shape before a wedding. I did not follow the diet super closely and managed to lose about 7-8 lbs in a month. May not sound like much, but that's about 2 lbs/week, which is not an easy thing to do.

Here's what I liked:
-the diet forced me to change my portion sizes
-I was not usually hungry, because it had me eating many meals a day
-it laid out plenty of meal/snack options, so I didn't have to do much guesswork on my own
-it pushed me to find the very
Lisa
Mar 01, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I didn't lose the 20 pounds the book says you could lose in 4 weeks, I did lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks and I am happy with that result. The information in the book is very informative and it also includes many 100 and 150 calorie snacks along with soup and smoothie recipes.

The technique is basically carb cycling which Dr. Ian Smith explains very well in the book. Each week has different meal plans that are outlined specifically to maximize your metabolism. I will definitely do this progr
Isa
Jul 12, 2015 Isa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the recommendation of a colleague. There's plenty of sound advice in this book, including rounding out your meals with healthy snacks and lots of fruits and veggies, as well as tips for staying hydrated and for ensuring your workouts don't work against you. That said, I think the content wasn't for me: Dr. Smith provides a detailed meal plan you must follow for a month. I would have liked this book to include more about his diet philosophy and less menu information. I understand t ...more
Michelle
Apr 11, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. IT is a no nonsense approach to short term quick weight loss. I you are wanting to start a diet and get positive results quick then this is the diet for you to start with. Then you should switch to a lifestyle weight loss regime.

I love the clear way that Dr Ian Smith lays out the diet plan with meal plans that you can easily customize, and great low cal snack recipes.

The foods that you eat are sensible and healthy. No processed foods. Just whole food goodness.

Susan Leeke Burkett
Very tough program!

After reading the book my only comment is Dr Ian Smith Super Shred is tough! I am using it as a great jump start program. Time will tell if it is effective. I have several issues with the program. The wake time coupled with the eating times are not easily followed if you work and have a family. I would ask that the time tables are adjusted for those who work to ensure success. Thank you.
Marcella James
Feb 13, 2014 Marcella James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only am I reading this book, I am following the program. As I near the end of week two, I have found that I am not hungry. I like that Dr. Ian's method gives you choices. If you have not had the opportunity to check out the book and need a solution to jump start your weight loss effort, this book is for you! SHRED ON!
Flora
Sep 21, 2015 Flora rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Haven't read it yet

Leave me alone just brought book today really u want a review well I don't have one okay
I also think it's bad u send these out not an hour after I got and then not let me pass it so I can review the book
Erin Overstreet
Oct 07, 2015 Erin Overstreet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Very easy to read, step by step instructions, real food, no gimmicks and it works! There is an explanation of each phase, a grocery list for each week/phase as well. Lists of snack suggestions are also useful. No counting calories for the most part. Sticking to the plan requires mental strength and it isn't great if you're trying to cook for a family with little kids. I am 8 lbs down and about half way through.
Syntax787
Mar 18, 2014 Syntax787 rated it liked it
its like if the south beach diet and the fast diet, had a baby. and youre only supposed to do it for lent lol. I liked the concept and the fact that he is promoting a solution for those last stubborn pounds people cant get rid of.
Thea
Feb 23, 2014 Thea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure this will work but I will be willing to try it for four weeks.
Meredith Gray
A bit unrealistic. I was hungry the whole time I did it.
Vanessa
First week in & 6.6 lbs down

Once I planned my days a few at a time ahead of time, book is easy to follow! looking forward to results at end of fourth week.
Cathy
Feb 22, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yea! I made it through the whole month. I only needed to lose 15 and I lost 9. I think that this book is geared more for people that have more that 20 pounds to lose and aren't already doing much exercise. If you fit into that category, I highly recommend this book.
Bethany McKay
Aug 26, 2014 Bethany McKay rated it really liked it
I LOVE this diet! It is a great way to change your life with actual healthy eating tips. I would suggest the Shred Revolutionary Diet first, though. Also, I gave it one less star because I would have liked better tips for vegans/vegetarians.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
I plan on buying this book. Of all the books I've read this one seems really doable! Want to try the diet out.
Tamya Crawford
Jan 01, 2014 Tamya Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shredder for life

Dr Ian Smith has done it again, plans to live by. And as always simple repeatable steps make both Shred plans easy and fun to follow.
Robin
Awesome! I lost approximately 13 lbs in 4 weeks.
David-Christy McCarthy
David-Christy McCarthy is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2016
ShaRone Lindsey
ShaRone Lindsey marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Michelle Johnson
Michelle Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Nichole Listick
Nichole Listick rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Beverly Johnson
Beverly Johnson rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Leah Hanley
Leah Hanley rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Carly Crusade
Carly Crusade rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Ann Ercoli
Ann Ercoli rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Deborah Baldwin
Deborah Baldwin rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
  • Look Into My Heart
  • The Art of Endings
  • Trash to Treasure
  • The Millionaire Falls Hard
  • Nobody's Hero
  • Knife Skills Illustrated: A User's Manual
  • Love, Song & Dance
  • The Exercise Cure: A Sports Doctor's Guide to Maximizing Your Dose of the World's Greatest Medicine
  • Enough Good News (Good News Series #1)
  • The Drop 10 Diet: Add to Your Plate to Lose the Weight
  • The J Spot
  • Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels
  • Mr. Personality
  • Be your own best life coach (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Beautiful
  • Buck-Naked Faith: A Brutally Honest Look at Stunted Christianity
  • Come, My Love
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
Ian K. Smith, M.D.,Ian K. Smith, M.D. is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of SUPER SHRED, SHRED, THE 4 DAY DIET, THE FAT SMASH DIET and EXTREME FAT SMASH DIET among 7 other books including, SHRED Diet Cookbook , EAT, Happy , and The Blackbird Papers. His newest book, THE SHRED POWER CLEANSE, is available 12/29/15.

He is a former co-host of Emmy-winning “The Doctors” TV show, and a medica
More about Ian K. Smith...