Start by marking “Timestorm (Tempest, #3)” as Want to Read:
Timestorm (Tempest, #3)

Timestorm (Tempest #3)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,138 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
The battle between the Tempest division and Eyewall comes to a shocking conclusion in this final installment of the Tempest trilogy, where the need for survival stretches the boundaries of history, both past and future, and the world Jackson once knew is a place forever marked by the detrimental effects of time travel.

As Jackson recovers from his brush with death, he’s sur
Published January 28th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

Giselle
Jan 17, 2014 Giselle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler free for the series*

While I enjoyed Tempest and Vortex, this one was explosive to a whole new level!

I can count on two hands the number of times I was entirely surprised by an ending. I usually catch on, at least to some extent, to what direction it's going to spin (mostly because I think up SO many theories that one of them has to be close to being right), but Timestorm is a freaking masterpiece of an ending that caught me completely off guard. It also left me in a puddle of emotional
Krista
REVIEW

Every single book in this series is so different, and yet they all work together in such a cohesive way. It's an incredible series that I think would be best suited to binge all-together without any gaps. Like one awesome sci-fi marathon.

Timestorm is my favorite in the bunch. That ending...I still need to process...so many feels, guys. So many feels. I think I literally shed tears at least twice in the book.

I'll have a full review closer to the release date, but I must say that now with
Pinky
Jul 29, 2015 Pinky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had mixed feelings about this book, but I did enjoy it. It was fast-paced and everything was so different. There are so many twist and turns that take place and I enjoyed this series. I don't think I will re-read this series, but I did enjoy it to an extent. But may I just say, that I am not a huge fan of the covers of this book.

The whole epic ending was sweet and nice and I was satisfied. The whole time-travel thing was really easy to follow compared to other books. Although the second book
Erica
Jan 28, 2014 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Tempest. I enjoyed Vortex, but it didn't quite live up to my opinion of Tempest. Timestorm absolutely blew both of these out of the water - the characters I fell in love with are back with an action packed finale that will left my heart pounding.

Julie Cross completely and utterly broke me with Timestorm. Over and over again. There were so many moments where I just felt broken by the extremes that happen - that is the mark of true talent, since that commanding emotions is one of the hard
Nihan
Aug 27, 2015 Nihan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vay be.
Cat
Jun 26, 2014 Cat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
AHHHHH I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE!!!
VORTEX ENDED IN SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!!!

OMG!!!! THERES A COVER!!!
Blythe
This review is spoiler-free for the entire Tempest trilogy

First things first, Julie Cross deserves huge props for this trilogy. Not only is it awesome as a whole (and gets better with each book), but she really goes all out with her world. You can tell how thoroughly she must have thought this book--and trilogy--through from the very start, and if this series were to be placed in any author's hands, it just would not be the same at all. Julie Cross has created a time travel that is so unique and
Diane
Can't wait to get it!!!
Sheerisans Bücheruniversum
Ein wirklich toller Abschluss, der einem während des Lesens nie losgelassen hat.
78sunny
Nov 02, 2014 78sunny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-highlights
5+ von 5 Sternen
*Aufmachung/Qualität*
Leider wurde dieses mal das Hardcover an sich nicht bedruckt. Bei den beiden Vorgängerbänden war dies ja der Fall und ich fand das wirklich genial. Hier ist das Buch leider nur ganz schlicht grün. Der Schutzumschlag ist aber wieder im gleichen Stil gestaltet wie die anderen Bände und mir gefällt es wieder sehr gut, auch wenn ich sonst gar kein Fan von realen Menschen auf Covern bin.

*Meinung:*
Ich muss gleich erst einmal darauf hinweisen, dass man unbedingt die
Melanie
Feb 09, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-ebooks
WOW...that is the word that came out as my mouth as I finished reading Timestorm. I've absolutely loved the Tempest series and this was a great conclusion to this great trilogy. This whole series truly was epic. Julie Cross has truly written one of the best time travel stories I've ever come across. Being reunited with all of our beloved characters, Timestorm starts right where Vortex left off, and is truly an intense non-stop action ride until the last word of the novel and I loved every second ...more
Franzi303
Nov 26, 2014 Franzi303 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das Cover:
Nach Lila und Orange ist der letzte Teil der Zeitreisegeschichte von Jackson in Grün gehalten. Zu sehen ist auch hier wieder Jackson, der wie durch einen Sturm- bzw. Zeitstrudel angelaufen kommt. Zum Abschluss der Reihe ein sehr schönes und passendes Cover, das gut mit den Vorgängern harmoniert.

Die Geschichte:
Jackson Meyer ist seit seinem letzten Sprung zusammen mit seinem Vater, seiner Schwester Courtney, Holly und weiteren Zeitreisenden in der fernen Zukunft auf der ‘Insel der Außens
Charon Lloyd-Roberts
So glad to finally be done with this trilogy it's another case of a beautiful misleading covers hiding a horrible attempt at making love and time travel into an epic trilogy and failing.

A summery for Timestorm:

To save the world, he must destroy everything he loves

Imprisoned in the distant future, Tempest agent Jackson Meyer has returned from the brink of death to discover he is surrounded by the people he loves the most: his dad, his sister and even Holly, his one-time first love turned enemy a
Ricarda Scola
Dec 14, 2014 Ricarda Scola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meine Meinung:

"Sturm der Zeit" von Julie Cross ist ein Finale, mit dem man so bestimmt nicht gerechnet hätte.

Die Geschichte knüpft nahtlos an den Vorgänger an, was zumindest etwas hilfreich ist. Das ändert allerdings nichts daran, dass der Mangel an Rückblenden es schier unmöglich machen, sich so richtig in die Geschichte einzufinden. Hinzu kommt, dass in den vorigen Büchern die Zeit nicht nur bereist, sondern stellenweise planlos geändert wurde. Immerhin hat man dieses Mal nicht mehr das Gefühl
K
Mar 11, 2014 K rated it liked it
Shelves: library
It’s possible I read this trilogy without tracking two thirds of it.

Jackson is a time traveler and agent for the CIA’s Tempest division. They exist to oppose the CIA’s other time traveler division, Eyewall. Thomas, the founder of Eyewall, is working toward a utopian future where travelers are the ‘master race.’ After trying to save his girlfriend Holly from being shot, Jackson has altered the present. Instead of being killed or ending up happily ever after, Holly has joined Eyewall. She and Jack
Blondies Little Book Life
"The course of true love never did run smooth"

Timestorm blew me away! I seriously loved every minute of this book. I was constantly on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what would happen next. Julie Cross really knows how to write a great story with so many great characters. I had so many feels while reading this book. It made me cry, laugh and fall in love with the characters all over again. This one compared to the first two was definitely action packed with so many great emotional scenes. O
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Honestly I am still debating how I want to write this review, and it's been a few days since I finished reading Timestorm. Timestorm is the final book in the Tempest series and like all final books I have mixed feelings about reading them, looking forward to reading it to see how it all ends, not wanting to read to make sure the series never ends, but also nervous about whether it will be a good read or not.

I began reading Timestorm with minimal expectations, while I loved the first book, the se
Heather Anne
Jan 28, 2015 Heather Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone who is an avid reader and follows series closely, you know how important the final book in a series is. It’s the book that can either make or break the whole series. It’s the book that ties up all the loose ends and makes you feel at peace in the literary world. For me, I’ve been a huge fan of the Tempest series from the moment I stumbled across a copy in my local Books-A-Million. So for me, the conclusion to this series is one that I can honestly say left me at peace and feeling like ...more
Emily Ward
Feb 21, 2014 Emily Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2/21:
IT'S FINISHED! Wow! What a great series. I'm so glad I was chosen for the First Reads program for Tempest. Action-packed scifi with great relationships. Loved it. Great action, so many great twists and turns, and Jackson and his love for Holly persist through it all. I even shed some tears toward the end.

The only reason I docked a star was because I had a hard time keeping track of things -- minor characters, the various timelines. But the complexity is great, too, she doesn't dumb things
Elena
Dec 03, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wrapping up a series is the hardest.

It involves getting the characters to the right place and letting the story come to a halt without impeding on the progress of the characters' lives from here on.
Julie Cross did a pretty good job I guess ;)
Although I did have mixed feelings about the ending.

The complexity of the time travel issue continues to intrigue the readers and you really have to pay attention if you want to understand fully what's going on.
It's rather amazing Julie's attempts at exp
Sharons  Bücherparadies
Vielen Dank an FJB für dieses tolle Buch!

Worum gehts?
Dies ist der letzte und dritte Teil der Trilogie von Julie Cross. Man sollte also die ersten beiden Teile davor kennen, um hier einzusteigen.
Es geht wieder einmal um Jackson, der durch die Zeit reisen kann. Er springt immer hin und her, doch er hat eine Aufgabe zu erledigen und um sie zu erfüllen, muss er einiges aufs Spiel setzen, sogar sein eigenes Leben riskieren.

Wie fand ich das Buch?
Wie schon gesagt, ist es wichtig, die ersten beiden Teil
Pamela Todd
Timestorm picks up right as Vortex leaves off, with Jackson and his friends in the year 3200. It is there that Jackson learns the most about his genes and how if he time jumps again it will most likely kill him. He learns more about Eyewall and their cruel experiments and he knows he has to stop them, whatever the price may be. Jackson is surrounded by the people he loves. Including his one time love, Holly who turned Eyewall agent. Even his sister, who died many years previously is with him.

Ti
Haylee
Feb 10, 2014 Haylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, so much.

But - if I can give anyone who wants to read the trilogy advice, it would be TAKE NOTES. And make sure you don't let too much time to inbetween reading each book. This story is so complex that it can be overwhelming and confusing if you don't pay attention. I have never taken notes on a book I read for fun until this series, and I don't think it's a bad thing.

I don't want to name drop... but when I read the Divergent series, I really felt like Roth didn't have a full
Zplus2
Jan 11, 2015 Zplus2 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks-read
Táto je rozhodne najlepšia z celej trilógie. Neviem kedy naposledy sa stalo, že tretia kniha bola lepšia ako prvá. Často autori dej zbytočne naťahujú ako gumu na teplákoch, len aby sa predala ďalšia kniha alebo aby to už nejako ukončili.
Naopak pri Timestorm boli nové zvraty, nové vzťahy, tie staré sa úplne otočili...
Dej sa menil toľko krát že je zbytočné vopred hádať ako to dopadne :)

Akčnú Holly som autorke neuverila. Všetko nám to pekne vysvetlila, prečo je na tom tak ako je, ale e-e, proste mi
Ally
May 11, 2014 Ally rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series (trilogy, really) started off great. The first book was good that I came back to the library to finish (after being forced to abandon it at pg.152). Then there is the second book. It was good enough for me to read the third. Now the question is "Do I like the third book?"

Well, I think that question will be answered by the end of this review.

First of all, I congrat Julie Cross for completing this series (trilogy, really) after so long (three or less years, to be truthful, but it is pr
Kelly Hager
Feb 17, 2014 Kelly Hager rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third and final book in the Timestorm trilogy. I feel like in general, it must be so hard to do the last book in a trilogy (or series) because expectations are so high and there are a lot of things to be wrapped up. That's especially true in this series, and I know there were a lot of things that I wanted to see happen.

We learned a lot more about time travel in this book, as well as about the initial people who had the gene. That doesn't detract from any of the action, however. (And
Nov 15, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Timestorm a LOT more than I liked Vortex.

Pretty much all the issues I had with Vortex didn't exist for Timestorm. I didn't find it confusing, I thought it was a lot more character driven, there was a great amount of action and all my favourite characters were doing great things.

I found the ending surprising, in a good way. I didn't know what was going to happen. Lots of great world building and relationship development. (view spoiler)
Ameliamar
Aug 30, 2015 Ameliamar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best series of all times. I never expected to fall in love with a book like this and it really took me by surprise, but it's my favourite book trilogy so far.

Even if Timestorm wasn't as good as the first two books and even if it had some scenes that took too much a time, it was still great and the perfect ending of the series. I have to say it's a really well thought through trilogy and (at least for me) every question is answered by the end.

Jackson and Holly are two adorable characters and go
Yuhannah
Oct 04, 2015 Yuhannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hooked
the whole series of books was breathtaking. it was all so confusing at first and it took me a while to grasp the concept but once I picked up this book I couldn't stop. I read it all in one sitting. There were so many unexpected twists and turns I never thought it would end but the ending by far was the best part of the book. The book deals with various decisions regarding like and death and I couldn't believe the nobility and love of the majority of characters. There were almost no issues with ...more
Sarena
Mar 28, 2014 Sarena rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013

I'm kind of ehhh about this book. I mean, it was definitely engaging, with an action-packed plot, but I felt like things got a tad convoluted, and there were also a few moments of awkward or unexplained writing. However, I'm glad that we got a satisfying sense of closure.
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • The Seers (Holders #2)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Shutdown (Glitch, #3)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • The Shadow's Curse (The Knots Duology, #2)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
Julie Cross is a NYT and USA Today bestselling author of New Adult and Young Adult fiction, including the Tempest series, a young adult science fiction trilogy which includes Tempest, Vortex, Timestorm (St. Martin's Press). She's also the author of Letters to Nowhere series, Whatever Life Throws at You, Third Degree, Halfway Perfect, and many more to come!

Julie lives in Central Illinois with her h
More about Julie Cross...

Tempest (3 books)
  • Tempest (Tempest, #1)
  • Vortex (Tempest, #2)

“Relationships aren't about idealistic love and happily ever after. It's those things that bug [...] us about each other and yet eventually we find ourselves wishing we could go back and do it all over again.” 1 likes
“Shit!"Holly said when our eyes fell on her bra lying at our feet. I snatched it from the ground, trying to stuff it in my pocket, but Dad was already inside the room, looking us over carefully, eyes scanning us head to toe, pausing at the bra dangling from my left hand. "Are you going to wear that?" He asked me. Holly started laughing right before me and then neither of us could stop.” 0 likes