Start by marking “Witness Protection” as Want to Read:
Witness Protection

Witness Protection

2.84 of 5 stars 2.84  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Ex-con Tony Bradshaw drops into a convenience store on his way home after work, looking for a loaf of bread. What he finds instead is trouble. Overnight, he becomes the star witness in the murder trial of a major mob enforcer. Death threats quickly follow, and Tony’s life is completely disrupted.

Tony is hustled off to a secluded cabin in the woods with bodyguard Alec Dubin
ebook
Published May 12th 2013 by Amber Allure

To ask other readers questions about Witness Protection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witness Protection

Isaac
Review originally posted at Jesse Wave

Summary--A promising blurb and a technically well written book that quickly descends into something thoroughly strange and, ultimately, distasteful. Disappointing.

Review--I approached this book with eager eyes. Like most people, I love me an action packed, testosterone laden cop drama. The blurb is excellent, and sets the tone for what promises to be a good read.

I’ll start with the positives. The technical quality of the writing here is very good. The gramma
Alina
I'm totally baffled by the low ratings :/

Personally I just loved this book. It's a short story and it has all the right ingredients for me - being holed up together is one of my favorite situations to read and this one didn't disappoint.

I didn't see a problem with an almost non-con - I think the issue was addressed all right and the sex was real hot. Both Tony and Alec were great guys and I liked how their relationship developed, they were just so sweet at the end.

All in all very good story and
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Review written for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 2.5 stars

This story had some potential, even though the idea is nothing new. Tony, who had been in and out of trouble since a teenager, found himself doing a good deed when he turned himself in as a witness to a cop killing. He is put into protective custody and sent to a safe house.

Alec is the cop protecting him at the safe house. He is completely rude and unprofessional, seemingly homophobic, and just downright not nice. He barely speaks to Tony, an
Thomaidha Papa
As I started eagerly reading this short story – cops, witnesses and action is my favorite genre – I was quickly disappointed by the bland boarding to boring plot. You always have a certain idea of what’s about to happen in these types of books, but the predictability in this particular one was too much. The lack of mystery and suspense was felt deeply and it only became harder when the sexual element took place.

As Tony becomes a witness to a cop killing he is being transferred at a remote spot i
Trisha Harrington
2.5 stars rounded up!

Okay, so this was a short story. To me it was too short for me to really like it. The plot was... well let's just say it could have done with at least another 100 pages. For me, I had just gotten into it when it was almost over. The ending was abrupt and to be honest I was a bit shocked at a particular scene.

Spoiler.(view spoiler)

Spoiler 2.(view spoiler)
Anna
This is one of the worst books I've read in my life. All I'm going to say is this: if my boyfriend, whom I love and want to spend the rest of my life with, came home drunk and demanding a blowjob while calling me a c*cksucker, I'd punch him in the face.

I don't know what this author likes in a partner, and personally, if this is the kind of attitude that appeals to him, I don't care to read any of his works.

This was truly a bad book, with bad characters that made no sense whatsoever. It's sad th
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader and at Brief Encounters Reviews.

It wasn't until I finished this story that I checked and realized I haven't actually ever read anything by Derek Adams before. I have plenty of his stories, but I've never gotten around to reading one of them. Now, I can't say that my feelings about this story have any bearing on the quality of writing in those other stories, but I suspect that had I read anything by this author before last week, when I decided to get this from
Elisa Rolle
Quick and fast, but indeed nice. Even if Tony is doing something that, at most external eyes, is heroic, he doesn't see it like that. He is a good guy who started with a misstep, a troubled teenagehood that landed him in prison, but at mid-twenties he is trying to go back in track. Tony is also gay, but that is not really something that is characterizing him, it is who he is, just like if he had blue eyes, or brown hair. Sure being gay makes him the perfect match for Alec, the closeted cop who i ...more
Angelmira
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Witness Protection by Derek Adams is a short but jam packed story full of passion, action, murder, mob hitmen, cops, and sacrifice. The blurb covers the basics, and any more detail would be a spoiler. The author does a fantastic job of weaving a lot of action, passion, and convincing characters into a quick story with a HEA ending that I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to everyone.

Trish's 3 3/4 sweet pea review appears at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... on June 16, 2013
jules0623
Much of the book was spent telling rather than showing, but the real clincher for the one star was the flippant way the sexual assault by a police officer upon the man he was protecting (why the fuck would he be drinking when guarding a witness?) was handled. Ridiculous.
Shaundra
I did not know what to expected and I felt the moment he was wheeled into alec room and they kissed was heart stopping. I felt something bad was going to happen. I loved it!!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: JustJen
Genre: M/M Suspense
Rated: 3 hearts

Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

~SexyBookWorm~
I loved this book...after the first 10 pages or so. There was a slightly difficult scene that made you question one of the mc integrity. ...
A quick moving but good story.
Ckay
Ckay marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Zinny Atulobi
Zinny Atulobi marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
ElaineY
ElaineY marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Derek Adams has been writing for the print media for a number of years and is now making a second debut in the realm of e-publishing. His most recent publication is the novella 'Safe Harbor.' In addition, he has over a dozen short stories available from MLR Books and Extasy Books. He is also the author of a popular series of humorous erotic novels featuring Detective Miles Diamond, currently avail ...more
More about Derek Adams...
Second Chance Safe Harbor The Wedding Thief An Early Snow Between Hell and El Paso