Start by marking “Lost Flowers True Stories of the Moonshine King, Percy Flowers” as Want to Read:
Lost Flowers True Stories of the Moonshine King, Percy Flowers

Lost Flowers True Stories of the Moonshine King, Percy Flowers

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Lost Flowers: True Stories of the Moonshine King, Percy Flowers is the never-before-told account of the notorious North Carolina bootlegger, as recalled by his son, Perry Sullivan. In the backwoods of Clayton, North Carolina, in the first half of the twentieth century, life may have been harsh, but whiskey could be found that was smooth, clear, and potent. Especially if it ...more
Published May 3rd 2013 by createspace

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Flowers True Stories of the Moonshine King, Percy Flowers

Max Daves
This book is a true slice of americana. Being that I was born in the south, I found Lost Flowers of a special interest. No doubt the bible belt southern culture is no stranger to secrets which caused many people to live under painful clouds. Considering the popularity of vintage americana these days, this book cracks open the life of one of the most notorious moonshiners in american history. It is a great read. I love stories like this.

Bonnie Vause
Very well written from the author's viewpoints. I was am glad to see more authors like Perry Sullivan publishing. It has been said many time that many say they want to write, will write, but only a few carry through with their pen/paper skills.
Perry displays this life as an open book. He is upfront about his childhood, his bare existence into this world. It makes one think "how could he expose the truth" yet also..."why not?"...he was the product of a situation he had no vote in. He is the son o
Frances Schmitz
This is not to be missed. One persons life unfolds with such amazing stories that will captivate you and place you into the very heart of the story. Perry Sullivan has opened up and shared his life in such a way that makes you hungry to know more. More about him, more about the people he grew up with and more on how this has made him the man he is now. Reading where he was and seeing who he is now shows how life takes it's own turns with fate.
Ashley Cox
I was pleasantly surprised by the writing in this book. My expectations were low on a book about a legendary moonshiner from Johnston County. I related because of my own family ties to the area and to all the legendary stories I'd always heard about Percy Flowers over the years. However, upon learning the book was written and published by an allegedly illegitmate son of the man, I thought I wouldn't be getting a lot from it. The writing was very vivid in the author's descriptions of childhood in ...more
Melissa
Enjoyed the book because it reminded me of home when I was growing up. I had heard of Percy Flower's store but I did not know the back story. Interesting read especially for a Southerner or those interested in regional non-fiction.
Saqqara
Personal memories.
Teresa Scott
Best book I've read lately. Growing up in the Area the book is written about, each page brought back a flood of memories. This book needed to be written. So glad Perry was courageous enough to relive the stories and share them with us.
Joanie
Powerful, inspirational, takes you back to a time but all forgotten. Great life lessons!
Anyone who wants to read about life in old south as seen through the eyes of a child and an adult.
Paula
Eh - it was OK for a free Amazon book. Nothing special.
Michelle Picarella
Michelle Picarella marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Renee Creech
Renee Creech marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Tracy Mitchell
Tracy Mitchell marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Js
Js marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Becky Best
Becky Best marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Angela Gudmon
Angela Gudmon marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013