Start by marking “Not For Sale (Undercover Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Not For Sale (Undercover Love #1)

Not For Sale (Undercover Love #1)

Immigration Control Agent Ryan "Brew" Brewster finally got the break he was looking for in his human trafficking case. But to follow the lead, he would need to go undercover into the world of the gay leather community. A world he was very familiar with; a world that would require a partner for the undercover op.

Vice Cop Rick Kendry did not look twenty eight when he was out
Paperback, First, 225 pages
Published May 12th 2013 by Brenda Cothern Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Not For Sale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not For Sale

Gigi
Apr 16, 2016 Gigi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I love to read M/M romance books, but this had absolutely no romance in it, what-so-ever. It ended on a cliff hanger, so I gave the second book in the series a shot, waiting for the MCs to get together and express their feelings for one another. They got together all right, but no romantic feelings were expressed. I stopped reading Highest Bidder at 10% and cut my losses. This series was not for me. I need feelings, emotions. This was all lust and hunger and out of control hormones. Which I LOVE
Ery
May 28, 2013 Ery added it
Shelves: law-enforcement
It looked good. The blurb sounded right up my alley- Leo's undercover work, etc. and, well, kudos to the author for starting the craft so late. It's harder than it looks.

I REALLY liked the general plot/story idea- the human traffic angle, the forced 'undercover relationship, and if course, the m/m aspect:). I also liked the informative nature of the bdsm information.

Unfortunately, this book really just wasn't my thing. It's easy to nitpick stories in general, but I don't want to do that. I'll j
C.
Why did the author bother with the undecover / human trafficking plot? it's such an interestig and serious subject, and yet there was so little of it [and I mean this. Most of the book is leading up to the one scene that contains the basic idea for the book, and i really don't know why they existed] . And the parts that were there, bad. Baaaad. What a waste of an idea. Sigh. The writing didn't help. Constant and abrupt changes in POV were confusing and tiring. This has my new and official ...more
Sunny
May 27, 2013 Sunny rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, cops-pi-fbi-etc
I loved the scenes where Brew and Rick were getting to know each other, especially the tension as they became aware of their attraction to each other and Rick's discovery of his kinkier side. Those scenes alone are worth 5 stars, but add in a couple scenes that made me cringe and an undercover operation that felt rushed, and my rating dropped. I would definitely read a follow up if it focused on their relationship as it developed more and a further exploration of Rick's BDSM interests.
Don Bradshaw
The author had a great idea for a story but never really got there. There was very little trafficking. I enjoyed the chemistry between Brew and Rick but the changing point of views interrupted the flow of the story. The flow was even more flawed by the severe need for some editing. The info dumps were distracting but bearable. My biggest problem was that the author failed to deliver on what was promised.
Rachel
Note to self: The blurb says, "read me"; the reviews warn otherwise.
Julie Klein
May 19, 2013 Julie Klein rated it it was amazing
The characters and plot drew me into this book. I was late to work due to starting this book at the wrong time. I found the BDSM and Leather scene fascinating... Enough explanation, without overdoing it. After all, since 50 Shades of Grey, we've all learned a lot about what excites us...

Serious topic-- human trafficking, explored with a delightful pair of LEOs. More realistic, with actual sensual scenes between the main men. Secondary characters (Jo-Jo) are also multi-dimensional. I enjoyed the
Susan
Aug 03, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
I really enjoyed this book. Nick caught my attention when he briefly appeared in Guns & Hoses and when I saw that he had his own book, I bought it quickly.

I especially liked the way that Brew eased Nick into the roll that he was going to play for the op. You felt all the curiosity, confusion and then acceptance as Nick learned as he went.

I am diving into Highest Bidder next.
Kevin
May 13, 2013 Kevin rated it really liked it
Brenda has a way of pulling you into a story from the very first page. The detail of the leather lifestyle is well researched and as always her style for writing intimacy is captivating. Luckily I was able to get a pre-sale copy to review. I strongly recommend this cop romp of m/m action that dives into the little talked about human trafficking of male sex slaves and how a young vice cop and an ICE agent handle an undercover sting operation. You won't be disappointed.
Pippii
Sep 04, 2013 Pippii rated it really liked it
I love undercover cop stories and therefore picked this one.
It is a very exciting story, just one thing; Ive never read anything with Bondage, Leather Master/Slave and anything else from that "world" of sexuality.
I have to admid that I skimmed some pages a little fast, as it is really not my thing.
But I like Rick and Brew and their story, so I just have to get through the rest....
Ldy
May 13, 2013 Ldy rated it really liked it
This is a spellbinding work that can capture your imagination and heart. The slight nuances are there is you look, but the twists and turns are nonetheless addicting.
Read the entire book, cover to cover without stopping!
Completely engrossed in this tale!
Holly
Jan 05, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Now Not For Sale is not my usual cup-of-tea, but it was really good. My only problem was that Brew was always Rick His Boy, which according to the book would have placed them in a relationship that would have had Rick calling Brew Daddy, but instead he was Master.
Janie
Oct 04, 2013 Janie rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-bdsm
I would have given this at least 3 stars had it not been for the ending. There is no way that anyone in their right freaking mind would just let that asshole kiss it all better after what he fucking pulled. Brew should have had to grovel and beg him to take him back after that shit!
Lora Lunsford
Jun 06, 2013 Lora Lunsford rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Brenda. Informative while being fun...and sexy/hot. Way to go Brenda can't wait for the sequel!
meep
Aug 27, 2013 meep rated it it was ok
happy i didn't waste money on it.... this is my favorite storyline. undercover bdsm.. but the ending. the story was so slow in some parts but the ending is just BAM over.
Donnerhall
Sep 06, 2013 Donnerhall rated it did not like it
This was seriously uninteresting.
Tracy
May 12, 2013 Tracy added it
Naughty, hot and sexy.. does it get any better?
Kira
Aug 28, 2013 Kira rated it really liked it
really great book!

but i'm sad it wasn't longer, i need relationship closure!!!
Amy
Oct 15, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-them
So happy there is a sequel.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
I like the concept of the story where 2 LEOs go undercover to try to break up a human trafficking ring. My overall enjoyment of the story was hampered by numerous editing errors. Site instead of sight was used throughout the book. There was a line that used unconscious instead of subconscious, conscience instead of conscious, and others that I didn't highlight & can't recall now.

Then there was this line: "train bottoms to be submissive than tops who may likely be more sexually assertive". IM
Crystal's Many Reviewers
I felt this story started out strong and captured my interest with Rick being a gay undercover cop asked to join the ICE team and Ryan Brewster. The case is breaking up a human trafficking ring where gay young men are being kidnapped and sold into sex slavery. While the story never really dealt with the actual events of the trafficking ring, it did focus on Ryan “Brew” teaching Ryan all about BDSM and what he is going to need to do to play the role of Boy Rick.
In the process of this training, t
J
Feb 04, 2015 J rated it did not like it
My patience was not enough to reach the end. I stopped at 87% completion, just too frustrated on various levels.

I was willing to overlook some of the expected procedural elements when writing about law enforcement investigation, particularly one that was ostensibly federal, inter-agency and inter-jurdisdictional. I tolerated the frequent typos like "lap top" and "over see" and the repetition of "gah-gah" to describe characters' reactions (use your words, as we say in the classroom). But these s
ocdbookreader
Mar 18, 2015 ocdbookreader rated it really liked it
In the book we meet ICE agent Brew and VICE cop Rick. I really liked how these two had the connection and sparks. I liked the play scene, even though we get hosed down with cold water, damn Brew. I liked how the story was told with plot and nothing t constant sex, sex doesn't tell a story.
What I didn't like, I felt the ending was rushed, but there is also a book two. So one with the plot. Book two is out in Hugest Bidder.
I would recommend this book. This is a M/M book
Michael
Jul 18, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book and found myself wanting to read more about Brew and Rick. I liked getting the different POVs and the sexuality when the two got together was epic. I can't wait for the next one!
Pati
This one definitely needs a good editor... some tense mix ups, mispellings, wrong words ie: taught/taut,to/too, then/than, taunt/taut, etc.etc. Also says "new partner" way too much. We know already we don't need to keep being told over and over again!!

Elaine
Feb 10, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing
What a great book. I could not get enough of Brew, and Rick. I loved the storyline of this book. It was well written, and informative. Can't wait to read book two.
Spooky
Nov 01, 2015 Spooky rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt
This book is more 2 1\2 stars. I'll write my review tomorrow when I can actually form coherent sentences.
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Erticchic378
Erticchic378 rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Melissa S.
Melissa S. rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
OMG 2 14 May 27, 2013 07:51AM
  • Bound for Trouble
  • Gathering Storm
  • The Darker Side of Trey Grey (Trey Grey, #1)
  • Rebel Yells (Apishipa Creek Chronicles,  #1)
  • Saving Alexander
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • Consent (Power Exchange, #3)
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Control
  • Life Under New Management
  • Dangerous Submission (Dangerous Affairs, #2)
  • Word on a Wing
  • Silver Ties (Silver, #3)
  • Undercover Sins (Secret Sins #1)
  • Ink
  • Shattered Heart
  • The Lord of Twink's Bottom
  • Deliver Us (Deliver Us, #1)
Brenda is unlike most authors since she only began writing a few years ago. Her first book Fates, an adult fantasy, was published in 2010. Her love for reading fantasy, paranormal, and contemporary erotic romance has caused her to discard her Bachelor’s degrees in management and marketing in order to write full time. Currently, Brenda has eighteen books published (three of which are free!) She is ...more
More about Brenda Cothern...

Undercover Love (2 books)
  • Highest Bidder (Undercover Love #2)

“Rick's memory turned to fantasy as his mind took a different path than what reality had already turned into history.” 0 likes