Start by marking “Crazy Lovebirds” as Want to Read:
Crazy Lovebirds

Crazy Lovebirds

Five funny pieces of flash fiction, previously published in literary magazines. From a futuristic satire on marriage to the world's worst wedding proposal, this one's for laughs-- but don't be fooled, these stories have lessons of their own.

The book is 5000 words so it is a quick read.
Published May 9th 2013 by Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Lovebirds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Lovebirds

Melki
Jul 19, 2013 Melki rated it really liked it
The author takes a fresh look at all that man/woman stuff in these imaginative, well-written stories.

Love potions, little blue pills and technology all help determine the outcomes of the modern relationships depicted here.

These tales are sure to put a smile on your face.
Michelle
Jan 08, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
If David Sedaris and Kurt Vonnegut joined forces to write relationship based Twilight Zone episodes and Dr. Phil scripts, Crazy Love Birds would be the result.

These 5 super short stories manage to clandestinely pack in ridiculous amounts of insight and thought-provoking conceptions while ostensibly being fun and breezy reads.

I will absolutely be purchasing Carla Sarett’s other work.
Garden Summerland
Jan 13, 2014 Garden Summerland rated it it was amazing
Anyone that loves flash fiction will adore this short collection, I know I did. Too many people miss the point of this type of writing, and don't give it the credit it deserves. Done well, flash fiction captures a full array of characters, their emotions and vivid scenarios without droning on with needless description. Ms. Sarett has done this with Crazy Lovebirds. I highly recommend it!
David Watson
Jun 16, 2013 David Watson rated it it was amazing
Crazy Lovebirds: Five Super-Short Stories by Carla Sarett is a short but sweet read that will make you laugh and not take up much of your time. These five flash fiction stories cover love, dating, marriage and family, in a not so serious way. The first story in this collection is called: For Better Or Worse. It’s about a middle ages married couple who decide to make some changes to themselves. This story has a science fiction twist to it with the couple able to change what they don’t like about ...more
Melissa
Jun 24, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading "Crazy Lovebirds: Five Super-Short Stories" by Carla Sarett. It's a quick read with 5 great short stories. Carla has a unique way of writing flash fiction stories that touch on love, dating, marriage, and family. Each story touches on different areas of love which makes it a sweet short story collection.

For Better or Worse: is a story about a middle aged married couple who both change things they don't like about each other.
A Dose of Eternal: is a story about Eternal Lov
Jada Ryker
Mar 29, 2014 Jada Ryker rated it it was amazing
Love Stories

The short work includes five stories. In For Better or Worse, a wife muses on the success of her marriage. For her husband's fortieth birthday, she had extensive work done to enhance her physical attractiveness. When she finds herself responding to other men, she has to do something. She finds new meaning in the old phrase beauty is only skin deep.

When Calliope buys a love potion in A Dose of Eternal, she finds more than she had intended.

A psychic finds love in an unexpected place in
Genevieve Scholl
Jul 04, 2013 Genevieve Scholl rated it it was amazing
First, let’s discuss each individual story.

Even though it took me a while to understand it, with the futuristic talk and such, I felt that the first story held a very good message about true love. How is it love if we keep changing the other? Aren’t we supposed to love for better or worse?

Story #2 was sweet, but I really would have liked more.

Although story number 3 held a message that couples can overcome anything if the love is strong enough, I felt that this story was lacking a lot of explana
J LeAnn Shultz
May 29, 2014 J LeAnn Shultz rated it it was amazing
Carla Sarett has a gift to create a story that draws you in with the first sentence and holds you until the last word. The characters are any one of us or our friends and feel like they belong to us. The dialogue is clever and funny, and the stories provide insight in the lives of every day couples and their attempt to balance all aspects of their reality. If you are wanting a quick read that will keep you engaged and smiling, then you should get this book.
Judith
Jun 11, 2013 Judith rated it it was amazing
Rumor and Ravyn are crazy, and not crazylovebirds! Haters. These stories are funny and fresh with a fearless approach to the short story genre that most had abandoned. Great length for commuting. Who doesn't wish they could send the hubs, and themselves, in for an upgrade after years of marriage in For Better or Worse. Read the lot of them when you only have a few minutes and can't look at another game of iPhone solitaire.
Sue1958
I'm not really into short stories, but something attracted me to this one because of the enticing stories that seemed to be in there.

I'm really glad that I offered to read this in return for an honest review as I found myself enjoying them, each one had a lesson to be learnt from it.

Thank you Carla Sarett for allowing me to read them.
Amy Williams
Jun 13, 2013 Amy Williams rated it it was amazing
Amazingly written! I loved this collection of shorts.

Each short was very different, in being so, everyone should be able to relate to at last one of the relationships.

Personally, I fell in love with Victor, I felt like I was sitting at his table.

Can't wait to read more from Ms. Sarett!
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
I was gifted a copy for this book for an honest review.
Super-short and super-sweet. I’m not one for short stories but this is a great short book. There are 5 short stories surrounding love, marriage and family.
I found these short stories fun and entertaining, which surprised me. I will be reading this one a few more times. I’ve been converted to a short story fan by Carla.
Great writing
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
Mar 13, 2015 Tabitha Ormiston-Smith rated it it was amazing
I had only one criticism of this delightful little collection - I wished there had been more of it.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 25, 2013 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it really liked it
I'm not really into short stories but I think Carla has converted me:) 5 short funny stories to put a smile on your face:)
Received this from author in return for an honest review.
Carla
Aug 29, 2014 Carla added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-m-in-it
Yes, I wrote it, so you may discount my opinion. But the pieces are funny, even so.
Elizabeth Vasilaki
Oct 08, 2015 Elizabeth Vasilaki rated it did not like it
Do read this if you want to kill time. With a shotgun.
I don't want to sound mean, but honestly, this collection is fantastically empty of meaning. It's form over matter.
Let me comment on the positive bits.
The writer is well-versed with words. She has her own style. She is even funny at parts. But God(s) help me, her "heroes" are caricatures of Cosmopolitan and Harlequin readers. They only care about money, marriage and good social standing. The average dialogue has the depth of a very fashionabl
Suzanne Rosenwasser
Jul 14, 2015 Suzanne Rosenwasser rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
The irony in the title reigns throughout every story in this collection, and there is real delight in that for the reader. With the precision of the surgeons in her futuristic love story "For Better or Worse," Ms. Sarett creates a world we may fear in the near future, giving a whole new meaning to the adage "marriage takes work." Apparently so does romance as clearly portrayed in "Victor's Proposal," a very unromantic tale that promises to be humorous and not just "about whole grain breads." ...more
Heather
Jul 07, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Carla Sarett’s Crazy Lovebirds: Five Super-Short Stories is a unique collection. Each story focuses on a different type of relationship which increases the chances of the reader being able to identify with at least one.

My favorite was Dad Takes Flight. I could easily see my father being the man in the story. His easy going approach to life and desire to just sit back and enjoy the ride…I smirked the entire time that I was reading.

Please check out our FULL review by visiting us at www(dot)griffin
Jamie Ezell
Nov 16, 2015 Jamie Ezell rated it it was ok
This book was really hard to get through

I didn't like a lot of the characters.. the stories felt like they would never end.. til they ended with what seemed like boredom from the author. The only reason I give it 2 stars is the last story.. the dad was so sweet.
Lynn
Mar 07, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Fun to Read

These are flash fiction but cute stories. Full of personalities. Just an easy read for few minutes. I enjoyed them.
Jessica Peterson
Jul 17, 2013 Jessica Peterson rated it it was ok
I liked the idea of some of the stories but found myself a bit lost at times. I really enjoyed the final story however, it was adorable, my favourite one.
Anna Heidick
Oct 06, 2013 Anna Heidick rated it it was ok
Shelves: short-stories, free
I thought the last story was okay but didn't care much for the others. Their suppose to be funny stories but their not really funny.
E Reyes
Nov 14, 2013 E Reyes rated it liked it
I've read this while waiting for the accounting office to open. If bored and want a quick-read, this is ok.
Ann McCauley
Ann McCauley rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Ninson Emmanuel
Ninson Emmanuel rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2013
*§ky*
*§ky* rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Cammirai
Cammirai rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Angie
4 out of 5 ain't bad !
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
I've had several careers -- in academia, film, TV and market research. In 2010, for reasons unknown, I began writing short fiction -- and have published stories in over twenty magazines since then. You can find my books on Amazon, ibooks, Smashwords and Barnes and Noble.
More about Carla Sarett...