Start by marking “In the Darkness” as Want to Read:
In the Darkness

In the Darkness

It takes a community to raise a child, but what happens to that community when a child is lost?

The disappearance of Cadence Carter, a loving and ambitious girl just days from her high school graduation, rocks the small heartland town of Leviton, North Dakota. Strangers come together to do what they can to help authorities find the girl, even as her parents are breaking ap
ebook, Smashwords edition, 213 pages
Published May 5th 2013 by Tracy Frank

To ask other readers questions about In the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Darkness

Tracy
May 07, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author and yes, I am reviewing my own book because as my high-school English teacher said during homecoming elections, "If you're not going to vote for yourself, how can you expect anyone else to."

I wrote this book over the course of several years. Part of what kept it hidden on my computer (and tucked in a three-ring binder under my bed) was fear. I worried that it wouldn't be good enough, it would have mistakes, and people wouldn't like it.

Then I read it again recently after not havi
Theresa Strong
May 14, 2013 Theresa Strong rated it it was amazing
Great job on your first book! When I first started reading, I thought it was going to be from the kidnapped stand point; as so many other books are. I loved the fact that it delved into the relationships of all of the people left behind. I felt their pain, joy, frustration and sorrow. I can't wait for Tracys next book.
Kelsey Fercho
May 14, 2013 Kelsey Fercho rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of this book! Once I started, I could not stop reading it! I loved being able to see the story through the eyes of all the different characters, and being from a small town I could really relate to this story. This is definitely a must read!
Eva Baker fercho
May 14, 2013 Eva Baker fercho rated it it was amazing
Heart-wrenching story that captivates from beginning to end. Would highly recommend!
Kristen Hackmann
Kristen Hackmann rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Diane Moderow
Diane Moderow marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Jenny Smith boe
Jenny Smith boe marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Meredith Williams
Meredith Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Danielle Whytal
Danielle Whytal marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Tracy Frank is an author and a journalist in Fargo, North Dakota. She writes about parenting, health, and the lives of the extraordinary people in her community.

Stories have always been a huge part of her life. Some of her favorite things to do as a child were to have stories read to her and to make up adventures with her brother and cousin. Reading is still one of her favorite past-times. She al
More about Tracy Frank...