Start by marking “What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)” as Want to Read:
What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)

What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests #3)

Shh…it's a secret!

Published October 22nd 2013 by Harlequin KISS (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about What the Bride Didn't Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Bride Didn't Know

Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
The mark of a good book is often when an author is able to create enough interest in a reader to go back and read the books that came previously and What the Bride Didn't Know did just that. I am familiar with Kelly Hunter and count her Bennett series amongst my favourites but somehow missed out on the West family.

First off I am a sucker for friends to lovers story especially when it is the guy who has had the bulk of feelings and does the chasing. Trig is an extremely likable he
Jacqueline
Another enjoyable Kelly Hunter. As I've said before this is an author who needs to move on to longer contemporary romances and out of genre. I haven't read the other books in the series, and how did I miss them? I will be going back and reading them though. This one was cute while also have serious themes. The heroine is recovering from a very serious gunshot wound and her life is very dfferent from the extremely active one that she's always lived.

The hero, Trig, has loved her practically all th
Desere
Sep 15, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing
Leaning on others for strength is not something everyone is able to do, for some they feel as if their weakness and inability to perform a certain task or act in a certain manner is their downfall simply because it means they are not normal. They tend to build up walls of defence to insure no one intrudes until such time they have sorted through it all, but some of them never fully emerge from behind those walls ever again.

Instead they come out stronger and more determined than ever before to ge
Jane Stewart
This was not a good story for me. I also had problems with the audiobook narrator.

HERE’S THE SETUP:
Lena is traveling with Trig. She is mugged. They take her wallet. She is unconscious. Trig tells the hospital that she is his wife so they will quickly treat her and talk to him about it. She is not his wife. They are friends.

MOST OF THE STORY (with sort of Spoilers, but they are predictable due to the romance formula):
Lena has selective amnesia and asks Trig all kinds of questions about their marr
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
This book was pure fun!

Our couple, Trig and Lena, have known each other since forever. They're as close as family and openly share that love. However, the thing that's never spoken about by either of them, is that they are also completely in love with each other in a very non-familial way. The obstacle to that love? Lena's older brother, who put a kibosh on any attempts Trig made with his younger sister as a teen, which he has never revoked.

We rejoin Lena and Trig some 15 years later - and afte
Soby
Oct 06, 2013 Soby rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I didn't really enjoy this book and I think this was due mainly to the misleading synopsis. I thought this would be a romance with the two protagonists posing as newly weds to further a covert-ops type mystery sub-plot. Rather than an intentional ruse, the pretend honeymoon is because Lena, our likeable heroine, hits her head, suffers amnesia, and ends up believing she's married to Trig, our even more likeable hero. I know that there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that goes with t ...more
Julianna
Dec 27, 2013 Julianna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Lighter Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"3.5 stars" I requested a review copy of What the Bride Didn't Know, because it sounded like a fun premise and I wanted to try out the new Harlequin Kiss imprint. The story certainly fits with the line's description as being fun and flirty. It also had some decent entertainment value, but ultimately, I didn't really feel the emotional connection between the hero and heroine in the way I would have liked. Trig and Lena have supposedly been in love with one another since th
Hsiau Wei
Jan 02, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
Lena haven’t heard from her brother for some time now. He is on a secret assignment but being away without any contact, she worried he may be in trouble and wanted to search for him. Trig is her brother’s best friend, decided to go along with her. When Lena was injured due to an accident, she lost her memory and she thought that Trig and she is married and is on honeymoon. She tried so hard to recall their wedding and moments of them together. She doesn’t want her injury to hinder them from enjo ...more
Jess
Feb 19, 2015 Jess rated it really liked it
Nothing about this book should have worked, but I found it charming and delightful nonetheless and I really want to stay at that hotel.

And I want Jared's book. RIGHT NOW.
Bree T
Oct 13, 2013 Bree T rated it liked it
Lena West has always been trying to keep up with her brainy and capable siblings as well as her older brother’s best friend Adrian, better known as Trig. In fact she’s wanted to keep up with them so much that she followed her older brother Jared and Trig into the special intelligence service as a field operative. Well over a year ago, Lena was shot in the abdomen during a mission and it’s been an incredibly long hard road of rehab. Considering her prognosis was a wheelchair for life, the fact th ...more
Lori Palle
Jun 18, 2014 Lori Palle rated it it was ok
“Who are you?”—Lena to Trig

Trig has loved Lena since they were kids, so there was no way he was going to let her go alone to Istanbul to chase after a lead for her missing brother. When an accident causes Lena to have a temporary bit of memory loss and mistakenly believe Trig is her husband, Trig has a chance to see what his future could be like. And he wants it. As for stubborn and insecure Lena? Despite her denials and doubts, she may find that she does, too…

“For the first time since waking up
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
I don’t read a lot of contemporary so I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this one but it turned out to be pretty good.

Lena has always struggled in her own mind to be as smart and great as her genius siblings. She has always been in love with her brother Jared’s best friend Adrian aka Trig. She followed them everywhere doing all sorts of daring things and even entered the Australian Intelligence Service with them.

Nineteen months ago she was shot and almost killed and now she can verily walk. S
Leslie
Oct 29, 2013 Leslie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: If you like lighthearted romance

Sometimes I come across a book whose enjoyment mainly is due to the charisma of a character. This book wouldn’t have been as enjoyable for me if it weren’t to its leading man, Adrian “Trig” Sinclair. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know if I would’ve liked the book. He took center stage from the start and didn’t falter throughout the book.

Trig was a great mixture of the strong, take charge male, with wry humor and endearing shyness when it came to dealing with situation involving Lena We
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4 STARS

This book had such an interesting take on the tried and true friends to lovers angle and well as the brother’s best friend angle, yes they are both present in this story but with a twist. A twist that turns out to be intriguing, entertaining, frustrating, and sexy as hell. What The Bride Didn’t Know is a title that some might misinterpret, but rest assured the bride is no slouch and her “groom”
Vanya D.
NOTE: I received the eARC via Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

When I read the summary of What the Bride Didn't Know, I was sure I'd like it. I mean, spies, romance, come on! It's bound to be good. Then I read it in what could be described as one breath and I thought "Yup. You were right to request it." The story turned out to be cute, realistic, full of passion and not too much, but enough, danger.

Writing style:
It was impeccable, fluent and captivating. It didn't take me long to finis
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
*Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World :)*

I enjoyed reading What the Bride Didn't Know very much, it definitely had an interesting plot line and the characters were just hard to resist. Kelly Hunter does a good job describing the characters and setting of the book. I found myself intrigued and wanting to know more of them and their story. Trig Sinclair and Lena have known each other for years, being Lena's older brother's best friend, Trig has always kept his distance. But over the yea
Janice Liedl
Nov 05, 2013 Janice Liedl rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Absolutely super but, oh, you'll be sorry when you come to the end of this short, sweet and sexy romance. Lena and Trig have a history that literally goes back to their high school days. Lena's brother does not approve when Trig shows some interest - he's friend-zoned but good!

Hunter's book jumps from that opening vignette to the present day when Lena and Trig are dealing with the fall-out from her near-mortal injury during a spy mission and, effectively sidelined, Lena sidesteps those rules to
Roz ~ My Written Romance
You can read my other reviews at My Written Romance.

I was provided with an ARC of this book by Harlequin via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

My rating: 4 out of 5

I seem to be reading out of order a bit lately. What the Bride Didn't Know is the third book in Kelly Hunter's West family series, but I didn't feel as if I had missed anything by reading book 3 before book 1.

There was so much to enjoy about this book - the exotic locale (Istanbul), the ever so present thread of suspense and
Sara
Apr 19, 2014 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book wasn't what I expected. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Or good. It was just....kind of different from what I thought.

The story starts with a view of the main characters as teens. And I got intrigued.
Then there's a jump in the present and Lena, the femail character, is not what I expected. This time in a bad way. She's kind of annoying and stubborn and lost in self-pity. Understandable maybe, in her condition. But still. Not my favorite kind of female heroine.
Trig, we don't ge
Karen Korb
Nov 05, 2013 Karen Korb rated it really liked it
About The Book: Shh…it's a secret! Special ops expert Trig Sinclair is a man's man, and that means he knows the cardinal rule of the bro code—no matter how dynamite Lena West is, as his best friend's younger sister, she's strictly off-limits! But when a secret mission to Istanbul sees Lena and Trig pretending to be married (and sharing a bed!), he finds himself in a whole new world of sweet torture…. But if Trig thinks playing the honor-bound hero is tough, it's got nothing on how Lena feels whe ...more
Jen MP
Nov 17, 2013 Jen MP rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaways.

First of all, I dislike when book covers have a photo of people that do not look remotely like the characters, but that has nothing to do with my review.

I was surprised about how the book was because I was under the impression, like others, that it was about two people within ASIS who had to pretend to be on a honeymoon as part of an undercover mission, and not that the honeymoon idea came from the main character. I always cringe away from
Jay Sawdy
Jan 14, 2014 Jay Sawdy rated it it was amazing
Special ops expert Trig Sinclair knows the rules of the bro code: no matter how dynamite Lena West is, as his best friend’s younger sister, she’s strictly off-limits. That’s been made perfectly clear. When a secret trip to Istanbul sees Lena and Trig pretending to be married and sharing a bed, Trig finds himself in a whole new world of sweet torture. If Trig thinks playing the honour-bound hero is tough, it’s got nothing on how Lena feels when she discovers the secret her “groom” is hiding…

I was
Cathy
Nov 12, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it
This is definitely how I remember Harlequin books to be, sweet and adorable with a little intrigue and of course love, undeniable love. I've missed reading Harlequin romance type books, but I love this new brand they are throwing out there with the Kiss editions, I love contemporary romance, well really anything contemporary so this was definitely up my alley.

We meet Lena as she is recovering from a botched assignment where she gets hit and she’s on a mission to find her brother who has been M
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 16, 2014 Jessica Figueroa rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Trig has always wanted Lena but she happens to be one of his best friends sister so shes off limits. When Lena hasn't heard from her brother Jared for a couple of months now she decides to search for him. Not letting her do this long Trig goes along with her. When Lena ends up in an accident she ends up with a bump on the head and minor amnesia. On top of that she thinks Trig and she are married. To not confuse her more Trig neither confirms or denies her assumption hoping that she'll
Hilly
3 stars.

I was looking forward to this installment in the series, which promised to flesh out the backstory of a longstanding relationship, but god-as-my-witness, when I got to the amnesia part I put my e-reader down & walked away from it.

However, it was K.Hunter, so after a few moments of pacing, I went back to it. As happened, the book was better than I expected, given that I've an aversion to amnesia plots, however, it was not as good as I had hoped for based on the previous installments o
Christine
Nov 05, 2013 Christine rated it liked it

Lena's character was the first one that I have come across in a long time where the main character has been previously wounded, and trying to overcome mobility issues. She was scarred, and was uncomfortable with her body. Still, she was a strong woman who really cared for her family and friends. She seemed resourceful and independent, and I liked her a lot.

I really did admire the kindness and love that Trig had for Lena. He didn't care about the scars that resulted from her injury and treated ev
Kaycee ❤️
It was a good book. I always loved friends-to-lovers troupe, it's one of my guilty pleasures.

Both Lena and Trig wanted and loved each other over the years but they never acted on it. Until Lena almost died and Trig realized how much he wanted to be with her. I won't give further details about the story I didn't want to spoit it for those who haven't read the book yet.

But I have to tell you that I really enjoyed it. Lena West is a fantastic heroine. Feisty, smart, independent, fun, she stood up
Morrigan
Oct 20, 2013 Morrigan rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Lena is a hard core intelligence agent who was gravely wounded and has managed to get get to a manageable physical state through a lot of physical therapy. Now, she is out to find her brother (another intelligence agent) to show him she is alive and well. That is, is childhood friend (another intelligence agent), secret love of her life Trig doesn't stop her first. During their search for her brother in Turkey, they have several mishaps leading to a lot of confusion, misrepresentations and steam ...more
Lynda
Oct 28, 2013 Lynda rated it really liked it
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads for free. "What The Bride Didn't Know" was totally enjoyable to read. Everyone can relate to having a friend who had a tag-a-long sister and the unwritten code of never touching your friend's sister. The adult relationship between Trig and Lena could not stop that code from being broken. I loved Trig's strengths and his weaknesses when it came to Lena, the loyalty and dedication to her while recuperating from near death loudly attest to the depth o ...more
  • His Until Midnight
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • Saved By The Bride (Wedding Fever, #1)
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
  • The Best Man
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • The Deepest Ocean (Eden #2)
  • The Rebound Guy
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Love Conspiracy
  • The Reunion Lie
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • The Downfall of a Good Girl (LaBlanc Sisters, #1)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
Australian born Kelly Hunter is a three time Romance Writers of America Rita finalist, a USA Today Bestselling author and loves writing to the demands of the short category romance form.
More about Kelly Hunter...

The Wests (4 books)
  • Flirting With Intent (The Wests, #1)
  • Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)
  • The Spy Who Tamed Me