Start by marking “Winter Wedding” as Want to Read:
Winter Wedding

Winter Wedding

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Would she ever have a proper marriage?

Some people might think Emily Seymour was a bit prim and proper. Emily preferred to think of herself as sensible. Unfortunately, all the good sense in the world could not stop Emily from falling in love with Professor Renier Jurres-Romeijn.

The professor barely seemed to notice her, though. He was too busy making plans for a winter wedd
Published November 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Winter Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Wedding

Leona
Jul 28, 2013 Leona rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leona by: Aayesha
Barbara
A nice, gentle little Neels, with a few WTF kickers. Typical mousy (and in this case, plump) British Nurse, and our older, aloof, Rich Dutch Doctor. Twists included younger, very pretty sister who is helping our heroine take care of twin babies (children of their oldest sister and her husband, who are trapped by politics in a dicey overseas situation!!!). Pretty sister gets bored and wants to go out and drugs the babies!!

Unforgivable moment--our RDD, who has flirted with pretty sister, continues
My first Betty Neels! I had no idea what I was in for.

Emily is rather spirited for a Neels heroine, not the usual doormat. Her bitchy sister gets whatever she wants mostly because she runs away before Emily can do the shouting she plans to do. She's working too hard to support and care for her niece and nephew, but it's shown to be because her sister and brother-in-law are in quite a jam, and they are properly appreciative when they return on the scene. The hero is a bit of a dick, taking bitchy
Tishke
It reminded me a bit of Cinderella with the selfish beautiful younger sister, the twin niece and nephew, working 18 hours a day,...

The male lead character as in most Ms. Neels' books was 18+ years older...a successful rich Dutch doctor and she was once again a very average looking competent nurse. The evil other woman a heartless selfish gorgeous bitch.

It amazes me that I keep enjoying her books even though they are basically the same characters and very similar plot lines.
sbf20112011
4.5 stars. An adorable older read. Very sweet story, both characters were very likable. Very light on the romantic action given its age, but still quite enjoyable.
Sophia
Why?

I expected something sweet, a really nice read, that would me leave with warm and fuzzy feelings. It left me angry and grumpy and as I finished it in the evening, I couldn't fall asleep because I was so frustrated by it.

In the beginning I liked the heroine. She was a levelheaded woman, who really loved her niece and nephew and did her best to care for them. Also I liked that she was not head over heels in love with the doctor and didn't get lost in daydreams.
Then there was this thing with h
Andreasoldier
This the second Neels book I've read; both were given to me. Both follwed the same formula. English nurse must work with/for visiting Dutch doctor. After prickly start, there's a bumpy courtship, complete with visit to Holland to meet the family, after which nurse realizes that doctor really does love her.
very old-fashioned, no sex, just kissing. But sweet.
Makes you modern romances contained a little more courting and maybe a little less sex.
Janet
I learned that I really need to explore Betty Neels books in more depth, with more respect and that is a charge I accept! Onward to more Betty Neels books :)
Liz Michaels
3.5
Someone gave me about ten Betty Neels books, and I'm working my way through at one-book-every-other-day rate.
They all involve a nurse and an aloof doctor, but in spite of their predictability and repetitiveness (and too much telling)make a sweet refreshing read.
Carol
Very sweet love story. Super nice story.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Best of Betty Neels
Qaanita0310gmail.com
Qaanita0310gmail.com marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Poonam
Poonam marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Caroline Mccallum
Caroline Mccallum marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Ophelia
Ophelia marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Gail Carpenter
Gail Carpenter marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Beth
Beth added it
Jan 03, 2015
Leeann J.
Leeann J. marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
  • The Tender Stranger (Silhouette Desire, #230)
  • Love's Legacy
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • Gallant Waif
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Glass Houses
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Luke (Harlequin Temptation, #938)
  • Land of Dreams
  • Runabout (Wild Oats, #2)
  • Blind Curve
  • Dark Summer Dawn
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Blackmail
  • The Sheriff and the Innocent Housekeeper (Historical Western Novella)
  • Sang Dokter Biliuner / Billionaire Doctor, Ordinary Nurse
  • The Lord Next Door (Willow Pond, #1)
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years, which stood her in good stead for the tribulations to come with the Second World War. She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and State Cert ...more
More about Betty Neels...
An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels) The Quiet Professor Cassandra by Chance A Girl In a Million (The Best of Betty Neels) The Girl with Green Eyes (The Best of Betty Neels)