Start by marking “Wolf Creek Wedding (Wolf Creek #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Creek Wedding (Wolf Creek #1)

Wolf Creek Wedding (Wolf Creek #1)

A Marriage of Necessity

Widow Abby Carter hopes to find love again—unlikely with a man like Caleb Gentry, who doesn't even believe in it. Their marriage isn't ideal, but Abby's two young children need security, and Caleb's daughter needs a mother. Perhaps this is one of the Lord's more mysterious answers to Abby's prayers.

When Caleb Gentry's wife passed away, he knew he'd
Published November 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Creek Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Creek Wedding

June
Aug 20, 2013 June rated it it was amazing
I really liked all the characters in this story and am looking forward to future books from Wolf Creek. The whole story line was amazing. A family just waiting to be made and all it took was a nosy busybody who always had to find one more story to tell and one more rumor to spread. Hearts are broken and hearts are healed. I could not put the book down until I finished it.

Well done, Penny Richards.
Sandy Steen
Sep 23, 2013 Sandy Steen rated it it was amazing
I've always been a Penny Richards fan and I loved this book! The characters are so well crafted and the story is well paced. I rooted for these characters right from the start. Great read.
Wendy Sparkes
A young widow struggling to provide for her young children; a new widower needing a wet nurse for his newly arrived daughter; it seems only sensible that the two join forces to help each other.

Caleb Gentry has never known true love or the love of a family - until Abby and her children enter his life. It will take a lot for him to overcome his fears of failure and inadequacy, but maybe taking a risk and reaching out to love his family will be worth it, and this marriage of convenience can become
Barbara Lowdermilk
Penny makes you part of her characters lives. She takes you to their story and makes you feel the emotions of Abby, Caleb and Ben in this well-written book. You see the history of their area come to life the way it was in 1885. The characters make the best of a bad situation and make it work. The fact that she brings God into their relationships makes it even better. Great read and am looking forward to the March release of Wolf Creek Homecoming.
Amanda Goodwin
Sep 24, 2013 Amanda Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
What an amazing book!! A must read!! Had all kinds of emotions reading this book! Thanks Penny Richards for such a wonderful book that took me back in time. I felt like I was in the scene. You are truly a talented writer and I look forward to reading more of your books.
HMK
Sep 30, 2016 HMK rated it really liked it
I liked it. It didn't drag. Was a nice book.
Wendy
Apr 30, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB

A Marriage of Necessity
Widow Abby Carter hopes to find love again--unlikely with a man like Caleb Gentry, who doesn't even believe it. Their marriage isn't ideal, but Abby's two young children need security, and Caleb's daughter needs a mother. Perhaps this is one of the Lord's more mysterious answers to Abby's prayers.

When Caleb Gentry's wife passed away, he knew he'd need help to raise his baby girl. Abby's loving spirit, strong faith and warm heart make Caleb want to be
Vera
Apr 02, 2015 Vera rated it it was amazing
Abby was trying to help Caleb with his newborn infant. His wife had died during childbirth. Everything was going smooth until "a busy body" started spreading rumors about them. So with not much other choice they got married. They really wasn't looking for marriage.

When I started reading the book, it drew you into the story. Finished the same day. Look forward to reading more books by Penny Richards. Would recommend to others.
Ellen
Oct 25, 2015 Ellen rated it liked it
Recommended to Ellen by: Harlequin newsletter
Shelves: finished
Penny is a "new to me" author. She weaves a nice tale. You have to like Gentry for wanting the best for his new baby. And you have to like Abby for being a good mother who is sweet and kind to others. When you put them together what do you think will happen? You are probably right. Read it and see.
Tammy Shuttlesworth
Sep 29, 2013 Tammy Shuttlesworth rated it it was amazing
What an awesome story. From the start Penny Richards tugged at my heart with Abby and Caleb and their background. Penny knows how to weave a great love story and I'll be a fan of any book she authors.
Janis Kay
Oct 16, 2013 Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
Loved the characters and they all make an adorable family. Caleb and Abby kind-of work like yin/yang lol but that's what was so great about their getting to know each other through their arguing xD I await Rachel's story next.
Linda
Jan 19, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Linda by: Mom
I find this to be a sweet historical romance. I enjoyed it and I just know there will be another book after this one and I will be getting that one too.
Katya_Mee
Katya_Mee rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Brandilyn
Brandilyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Shellie
Shellie rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Shari Davis
Shari Davis rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Trisha Ontiveros
Trisha Ontiveros rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Ginny Evans
Ginny Evans rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Leann Hickman
Sep 30, 2013 Leann Hickman rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Penny's characters really pull you in and make you care about them.
Sheri Bauer
Sheri Bauer rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Sherri Morris
Sherri Morris rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Jessica Lively
Jan 01, 2014 Jessica Lively rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really an inspiring book
Anon1001
Anon1001 rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Shauna
Shauna rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Valerie Van Moorsel
Valerie Van Moorsel rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Lori Weller
Lori Weller rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 09:11AM
marriages of convenience 1 2 Oct 03, 2013 02:35PM
Penny Richards also wrote romance novels under the pseudonym of Bay Matthews, and as Sandi Shane with the writer Sandra Canfield.
More about Penny Richards...

Wolf Creek (5 books)
  • Wolf Creek Homecoming (Wolf Creek #2)
  • Wolf Creek Father (Wolf Creek #3)
  • Wolf Creek Widow (Wolf Creek #4)
  • Wolf Creek Wife (Wolf Creek #5)