Finally a Bride (Charity House, #7)

Finally a Bride (Charity House #7)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Seven years and two broken engagements haven't erased Garrett Mitchell from Molly Scott's mind. Her employer insists Molly and Garrett belong together. To appease the well-meaning matchmaker, the pair agrees to a pretend courtship. But too late, Molly finds herself falling for a man who might never trust her.

Garrett is a prominent Denver attorney now, not the naive sevent...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

Janine
"Finally a Bride" by Renee Ryan is the seventh book in her Charity House series but a great stand alone book at the same time. This seems to take place at least seventeen, at least if I added everything correctly, years after the first book "The Marshal Takes a Bride".

This seems very fitting considering young little adorable Molly who helped get together her sister and the marshal together is now all grown up with her own story. Molly has experienced heartache and suffers more from pride than...more
Wendy
Dec 06, 2013 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Wendy by: Goodreads Recommendations
"Finally a Bride" like all Renee Ryan's novels is a wonderfully, heartwarming love story with a strong message about faith woven in. The story begins when Molly Taylor Scott encounters Garrett Mitchell , the man who once broke her heart , on the streets of Denver. Sparks fly as emotions thought dominant are reawakened. But, can Molly and Garrett leave their past history behind and let love flourish? This is a story of victory over lost dreams, vanquished hopes , and lies born of pride.

Threaded i...more
Brittany
Although Finally a Bride is book seven in the Charity House series by Renee Ryan, it is the first book of the series that I have read. I hoped when I started reading that I would not be lost because of missing so many books before it. That was not a problem. This book stood alone as a wonderful story and I now want to go back and read the entire Charity House series! And that is just what I plan to do.

I absolutely love books where the two main characters previously had a relationship that ended...more
Naomi Rawlings
Two childhood friends are torn apart by a broken engagement and separate dreams. Though years pass and each grow in maturity, will the time spent apart be too great for these two sweethearts to forge a future for themselves?

From the page where Molly first sees Garrett after not speaking to him for nearly a decade, the couple bring a lot of chemistry to the story. They might be reliving old hurts, dreaming of the future, carefully avoiding each other, or scheming to make friends think that they’r...more
Abbie
Molly Scott is known for her broken engagements. She works for a wealthy widow who is also playing matchmaker. Her employer tries to set her up with Garrett but what she does not know is Garrett and Molly had been sweethearts seven years ago. They each hold resentment over what happened yet they can't deny they still have feelings for each other. Can they let go of the past and begin a new?

I have only read two books in this series so far. I've enjoyed both books.

What I liked: Both Molly and Ga...more
Patrice
I won this book thru one of the giveaways. This is one of the stories in the Charity House series of Love Inspired Historical published by Harlequin. I loved this story. It is a romance, with a twist. This is Molly Scott’s story. She and Garrett Mitchell grew up together in Denver. Then they became romantically involved and when Molly was 15, Garrett was heading out east to attend college. Due to Molly wanting to see Garrett achieve his dreams she let him go hoping he would ask to marry her and...more
Judy
Finally A Bride by Renee Ryan
The Charity House Series Book 7
Molly Taylor Scott has loved once and lost. He chose leaving for school over her. Since then she’s had two failed engagements and is whispered about through out Denver. What chance did she ever really have being born of a mother who worked in a brothel and later became a madam? And what about the little lies and secrets she is keeping?
Garrett Mitchell wanted to be known as more than just another Mitchell boy who made his way as a lawyer...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Molly has had heartbreak throughout her life. It began as a child, living in Charity House, and finding a family (her sister) to take her in. It came to a head seven years ago when Garrett chose to leave her and go to law school. He took her heart with him, and she has missed being whole since that day.

Now she has had two broken engagements behind her and is working for a wonderful older lady as her personal assistant. Garret is back in town, but avoiding her. The opportunity arises and her empl...more
Marianne
Love Inspired Historical novels are a charming way to unwind after a hectic day at work or preparing for Christmas. Finally a Bride takes the reader to Denver, Colorado in 1894. Glimpse what the frontier looked like through the eyes of the author and dream of days gone by. Although this is part of a series called Charity House, each book is a delightful read all on its own. I do hope to read the others of hers in this series, just because the characters all intrigue me so much. None of the chara...more
Tracy
Sweet story and went enough written but story was slow and lacked drama and significant conflict - I Never doubted they'd get together. Molly surrounded by suitors vying for her attention was not an endearing start for me. If she fell into Garrett's arms one more time I might have just quit the book. The backstory of Molly's birth parents could have been developed into more but it felt flat.
Deane Lingenfelter
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have enjoyed watching Molly grow up. She has been one of my favorite characters. I hope that we also get to see the sisters get married. Happy Reading
June
Charity House!!! Need I say more?

The children of Charity House are growing up. Molly was a five year old when we first met her. Now she's experienced several broken engagements and thinks she'll never marry. Especially when her first love comes back to town and they ignore each other. But soon Molly and Garrett are thrown together daily and the old feelings, the old resentments, the old love return and have to be faced.
Inspired Kathy
4.5 Stars - Enjoyed - There was obviously a lot of back story on other characters that was missing but it worked fine as a stand alone.

Content: Clean
John Hanscom
Actually, about 3 1/2. Sweet, and a little above average.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Charity House
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Charity House
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Camila
Camila marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Brit roberts
Brit roberts marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Jaquelyn Scroggie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Renee Ryan
Apr 25, 2014 Renee Ryan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Jelena
Jelena marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Renee Ryan grew up in a small Florida beach town. Surfing didn’t work for her, but that didn’t keep her from watching others tackle the waves. To entertain herself during those countless hours of “laying-out”, she read many of the classics. It wasn’t until the summer between her sophomore and junior years at Florida State University that she read her first romance novel. Hooked from page one, she...more
More about Renee Ryan...
The Lawman Claims His Bride (Charity House, #4) Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2) Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2) Loving Bella (Charity House, #3) The Marshal Takes a Bride (Charity House, #1)