Start by marking “The Bride / In the Rich Man's World (Anetakis Tycoons, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bride / In the Rich Man's World (Anetakis Tycoons, #2)

The Bride / In the Rich Man's World (Anetakis Tycoons #2)

HOW DO YOU GET A MAN TO PROPOSE WHEN HE THINKS OF YOU AS A SISTER?

It would be a challenge—particularly since that man was steely tycoon Theron Anetakis. But Isabella Caplan had known from the moment she'd met Theron as a girl that she was meant for him, and he for her. And now she was going to make him realize it, too…by seducing him to one knee.

But if becoming his bride
Paperback, Reissue, 384 pages
Published November 26th 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Bride / In the Rich Man's World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride / In the Rich Man's World

Amy
Feb 17, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Two stories in one book. I give Maya Banks 4 stars for having a somewhat original female character, but I give Carol Marinelli 1 star because I don't care for her writing style. Maya Banks character Isabella is the first female character I've read in a romance novel who has decided to go for getting the guy she wants. Typically, in romance novels, the female characters are reluctant partners or are being pursued by the men. But in this story, Isabella does the chasing and seducing--even though ...more
Paige
Aug 06, 2016 Paige rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own, 2013-books
THE BRIDE was a quick read that was enjoyable.

Isabella Caplan is all grown up and she’s ready to stake her claim on Theron Anetakis. The only problem… he’s got an engagement lined up in only a few days.

What I liked about this one was that Theron and Isabella haven’t been around each other that much. This wasn’t one of those stories where they’ve been “brother” and “sister” close and now she wants more.

The Anetakis family, being close to her father before his death, hold control over her inher
Michelle
Aug 06, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
A fun, quick read that was filled with tons of my ‘guilty pleasures’. A young woman, Isabella, has been in love with family friend, Theron, for years. Not that she’s graduated college Bella is finally ready to make her move. Except Theron is ready to announce his engagement to a woman he doesn’t love. Bella tries her hardest to make Theron see her for the woman she has grown in to. He battles how he feels for her with the plan he had set out for his life. Really fun, sexy read.

I’ll admit, I wasn
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 28, 2013 Mlleelizabeth rated it liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
May 14, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I love Maya Banks. This one did not disappoint. Yeah it was a little predictable, but it was good so I didn't care to much. Bella was awesome. She knew what she wanted and went after it. Poor Theron never knew what hit him. Now I need to go back and read the first one.
Lisa
Oct 10, 2013 Lisa added it
This is a re-release and it was originally called The Tycoon's Rebel Bride. Definitely worth the quick read on a chilly Saturday afternoon in front of the fire.
Wendy
Dec 01, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Bride" by Maya Banks
Blanca
Nice book, good reading. Must be one of Maya Banks' first books prior to her now heavily erotic books. Isabella and loved Theon since she was a teen and now grown up she is ready to get what she wants and will do anything to get her man. Theon's plans are to get engaged to Alannis and start a family. He is informed that little Isabella will be staying with Theon until she is ready to fly over to Europe. So this becomes an annoyance because he has just recently transferred from the European ...more
Sheila Melo
Dec 31, 2014 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Banks Book Good, Other One Not So Much

This is a compilation of two books. I decided to give the overall rating to just the Maya Banks book because I liked it so much and I actually purchased it for that novel. The other book was so unimpressive that I didn't want to rank the Banks book lower because of it.

THE BRIDE by Maya Banks: This is the second book in the Anetakis Tycoons series about three Greek brothers. This is the story of Theron Anetakis who has decided to settle down with an appropria
Kerry
Oct 31, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing
The Bride
How hard would you fight to get the man you loved. How far would you go? When you're considered a little sister and a responsibility sometimes you have to make them see that you're not! You're a big girl with big dreams and an eye on the prize. But when he has things in order down to the schedule of his personal, engagement, life with the right wife in a loveless marriage, it may just be too late. His engagement is planned, the ring bought, but will he go through with it?

Bonus book incl
Lia
Aug 03, 2014 Lia rated it really liked it
Rebellion tells the story of a Greek tycoon Theron and Isabella Caplan, a young rich, beautiful and inexperienced. This novel is a good example of how clichés can be used effectively to tell a story.
Although not very knowledgeable Isabella tries to seduce all forms Theron, make him fall for her, and this was a positive point in history. She was not passive waiting for him to notice her, she was the fight, and even getting through the awkward times in her attempts, she did not let kill and going
Pboswell
Nov 29, 2013 Pboswell rated it really liked it
I already wrote a review for "In the Rich Man's World"

The Bride. Bella loved Theron her whole life, and when she got the opportunity to act on her love...she took it! She did all that she could to get him to see her as a woman...instead of a kid girl his family took in. Little did Bella know, Theron begin to fall for her from the moment that he saw her (all grown up) but being the gentleman that he is...he fought his attraction. Until he could no longer bear it, he knew fighting against what he
Cara
Apr 26, 2015 Cara rated it liked it
This was not my favorite Maya Banks book by any means. I actually liked the bonus book by Carol Marinelli better. Banks' story had a 23 year old fawning after a family friend that she had not seen for years (He was much older and barely remembered her)but that somehow she was in love with--huh?--and planned to seduce and get him to marry her. He treated her like a daughter and yet there were kisses and attraction despite his plan to propose to another woman. Just yuck to this whole plotline. ...more
Monica
Apr 24, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing
The Bride: LOVED! I LAUGHED! and laughed! and maybe even shed a tear! It was hilarious! with lots of emotion! really good story!

In the Rich Man's World: good read, was captivated because I just had to know!!! had to know the secret(even though I had an assumption as to what it was) plus I had to know if he would actually forgive!
Becca
Dec 09, 2013 Becca rated it liked it
It gets a 3 because I didn't really care for the second story. It was too hard to get into and I was not invested in those characters.
I understand that this is a reprint of a previous storyline but since I missed it this gives me a chance to read it. I loved the story by Maya but not sure I will read the other author again.
Connie
Jan 22, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Isabella and Theron had some real laugh out loud moments. I liked that Bella knew what she wanted and had the courage to go after him! It was good to catch up with Chrysander and Marley from the Greek Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress. Nicely Done!
Sonia Root
Apr 06, 2014 Sonia Root rated it liked it
Love Maya Banks, liked The Bride a tad predictable but a nice quick read. Wasn't crazy about the second story though, struggled to finish it.

Regards,

Sonia Root, Book Junkie
Lynda
Feb 04, 2016 Lynda rated it really liked it
I have read this series and enjoyed. I love the Pregnancy and Passion series though. Very very good. Completely different than the KGI or Sweet series books.
Judith
Dec 01, 2013 Judith rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I thought the ending could have been drawn out more. It was wrapped up all nice and neat, but way too quickly.
Frances
Jan 17, 2014 Frances rated it it was amazing
Both books was absolutely wonderful The Bride by Maya Banks and In The Rich Man'sWorld by Carol Marinelli
Tawnya
Dec 05, 2013 Tawnya rated it really liked it
Both books were really well written. The problem though is I should have done a review on Maya Banks book as soon as I was finished with it because now I have Carol Marinelli's book in my head.
Jamie
Dec 22, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it
These were both ok, but I hate short stories and I once again bought them not paying attention to the detail and low and behold, two short stories. Quick read, enjoyable stories but too short.
ceecee
Jul 17, 2014 ceecee rated it liked it
As always a wonderful book and series by Maya Banks. You fall in love with her charactes hard and fast. This book was no exception. Easy to read and a beautiful story.
Grace Ryles
Nov 29, 2013 Grace Ryles rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book.. I only wished the men weren't such idiots and realized what they had in front of them before it was tooo late...
Bonnie Henry
Apr 20, 2014 Bonnie Henry rated it it was amazing
I love ready Maya Banks books and enjoyed this one. I was glad to see the characters develop and have a HEA.
Shely
Oct 22, 2014 Shely added it
I enjoyed both novellas. I liked learning different words in Arabic and Russian? I read both in about 2 weeks. They were page turners. I would recommend these novels to any romance novel lover.
Stacey Mcphilomy
Dec 12, 2013 Stacey Mcphilomy rated it it was amazing
Maya Banks's stories capture you and draw you in until the very end. I loved this story. I was wishing for more at the end.
Jane
Jun 13, 2014 Jane rated it really liked it
This is two books in one. Maya Banks was excellent. I always like her books. Carol Marinelli's was just okay.
Magicsea
Magicsea rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
  • Choose Me
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • Island Promises: Hawaiian Holiday\Hawaiian Reunion\Hawaiian Retreat
  • The Paternity Proposition (Dalton Twins, #1; Billionaires and Babies, #25)
  • A Demon's Wrath (The Nine Kingdoms: Demon Series, #1)
  • That Kind of Girl (Fillmore & Greenwich Book 2)
  • More Than a Touch (Snowberry Creek, #2)
  • Beau: Cowboy Protector
  • Lessons in Seduction (Marconi, #3)
  • Club Wonderland (Friends and Benefits, #2)
  • Slow Heat (The Bounty Hunters, #5)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Island Heat (Mediterranean Nights #10)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Untitled (Billionaires and Bridesmaids, #6)
  • One Day in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #2)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Anetakis Tycoons (3 books)
  • The Mistress / Wanted: Mistress and Mother
  • The Affair / One Night...Nine-Month Scandal (Anetakis Tycoons, #3)