Start by marking “A Dangerous Solace” as Want to Read:
A Dangerous Solace

A Dangerous Solace

Stripped of her defenses...

Italy's most desirable playboy, Gianluca Benedetti, might not initially recognize Ava Lord as the beautiful bridesmaid who stole his breath and shared his bed all those years ago, but one glimpse of the curves beneath her buttoned-up clothes and it all comes rushing back!

When a steamy kiss between them ignites a media firestorm, Gianluca whisks A

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3189, 192 pages
Published October 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Dangerous Solace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dangerous Solace

Beth
Dec 15, 2013 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
I spent a lot of this book thinking that I'd missed something and it felt like the story went off track then got back on track but went a completely different direction. So the second part iof the book was much better than the first. But I like Lucy Ellis a lot and that her heroines are always more complex than they seem at first. I appreciated having a very successful, business woman as the heroine. It was refreshing for an HP.
Rgreader
Couldn't finish. Heroine was too prickly and I didn't care to read about her lackluster sex life with her ex-fiancé.
I need to like a heroine to finish a book and this book had a heroine I didn't find likable.
Tawnya
Dec 01, 2013 Tawnya rated it liked it
Ava was a strong independent woman, with a penchant for running when nothing went her way. This little habit did start to annoy me, luckily Gianluca had the habit of giving chase.
Suzanne
Mar 20, 2015 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ava Lord was going to Rome to accept a proposal from her dull safe boyfriend of two years. Ava planned where he would propose, bought and paid for the ring, reserved the hotel, and purchased a driving tour of Tuscany for the honeymoon. Her boyfriend did not show up in Rome instead he called her on the phone and broke their engagement.

Ava did not feel any heartbreak over losing her boyfriend. Seven years ago, Ava had a one night stand with a Italian football player that had taken her innocence a
bombay_sapphire
People are either going to enjoy this story for what it's worth or really hate it.

Ava Lord is in Rome for a holiday after being dumped by her boyfriend whom she was hoping would propose in her own Hollywood movie moment. She runs into her ex-one night stand she had 7 years ago at her brother's wedding,(the guy she lost her virginity too and is secretly in love a but in MAJOR denial about this fact), ex-football player-come high flying investment billionaire tycoon Prince Gianluca Benedetti. They
Trudy Miner
Years ago Ava Lord and Gianluca Benedetti had an one-night stand after she attended a wedding in Rome. Now in Rome hoping to become engaged herself, Ava runs into Gianluca shortly after her boyfriend dumps her and Gianluca doesn't remember her at first! When they are spotted by photographers, he whisks her off down the Amalfi Coast to escape the gossipmongers who always follow the head of Benedetti Enterprises. With her failed relationship in her mind, Ava is convinced that she can't re-capture ...more
Lynn Spencer
2.5 stars I can't believe I stuck with this one all the way to the end. Here's the basic plot - Ava the heroine hooked up with Italian hottie Gianluca Benedetti 6 years ago at a wedding. Upon encountering him again, all kinds of conflicting emotions come rushing back for her. So far, it seems pretty understandable.

This is a partial review. You can find the complete text here: http://tinyurl.com/ok4o3j6
Caro
Jul 21, 2014 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
An ok read. There were emotions, a little humor, plenty of sparks, a little wishy-washy-ness, and a good ending. Not something I would probably read again, but good for passing time. Mostly, the characters got on my nerves, but sometimes it seemed a little valid. This moved along pretty well though and flowed pretty much continuously. Overall, and ok book but not a gripper.
Harlequin Books
"The memorable couple shares playful banter, internal struggles and explosive lovemaking. With breathtaking landscapes, Ellis' romance-revisited is an amazing, twisting, page-turning conundrum." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars
Roub
Aug 09, 2014 Roub rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this had great potential!i really loved the basic plot! however, i found both of the characters lacking in some way. luca was so cold and ava was detached. it was like they both cud not have a real relationship bcoz of their past. i did not feel dat they ever got over it nor dat they fell in love.
Shruthi
May 10, 2015 Shruthi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved the hero... But disliked the heroine. She was annoying. That's why the book lost it's first star.

Lost the second because it was too slow and I fell asleep twice. Lost the third one because the story could have been better than what it is.

Overall an OKAY read.
K
Sep 23, 2014 K rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: l-amour
I'm pretty sure she was a successful businesswoman, but you'd never know with her behavior. I was disappointed.
Denika Ottley
This book took me forever to finish and it's not even long. Not one of my favourites, it stared to get better at the end but that still wasn't good enough.
Kenderly
Apr 19, 2014 Kenderly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun short read.
Dec 04, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
meh
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Nisha
Nisha rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2014
Denise Polanco
Denise Polanco rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
May 17, 2014
Beauté Silencieuse
Beauté Silencieuse rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Imane Saad saoud
Imane Saad saoud rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
Tatiana
Tatiana rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Mila
Mila rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2014
Tirtsumann
Tirtsumann rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Eileen
Eileen rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2013
carol
carol rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
B
B rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Mtld
Mtld rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Charlene
Charlene rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013