Start by marking “The Firefighter's Match” as Want to Read:
The Firefighter's Match

The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A Healing Match

After serving overseas, former soldier Josephine "JJ" Jones needs a fresh start. And Gordon Falls is just the place. When JJ meets executive Alex Cushman, her world is turned upside down. Alex is seeking a respite from all the pressures of his multimillion-dollar business. And the beautiful firefighter might be the answer to his prayers. But a secret lies be
Published October 22nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Firefighter's Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Firefighter's Match

Janine
"The Firefighter's Match" by Allie Pleiter is the third Gordon Falls book and wow nothing like I expected. I mean when I read romance I pretty much expect boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, boy works over issues and then they get married. Well in true form yeah I guess this is what happens but it sure doesn't feel like while reading the story.

Josephine "JJ" is a woman who is looking to find her place again after her time in the military she comes to Gordon Falls to be on their Fire department
John Hanscom
Somewhere between 4½ and 5 stars. I've been reading these "love inspired" novels for a long time, as my wife began reading them and got me "hooked." Even the very, very good ones always adhere to a formula = boy and girl meet or re-meet; they start to grow close and fight their feelings for each other; a crisis occurs which drives them apart; they flounder; a second crisis occurs which resolves whatever the first crisis was and make them realize they do love one another; they get together. I alw ...more
Kame
I really enjoyed the uniqueness of this story.

JJ has returned from serving overseas and now she is trying to find her place in the world. Her first step is to manage her brother's business as he is away chasing adventure. Alex is known for avoiding difficult decisions, he has rented a cabin so he can have some quiet time to himself. A bout of insomnia gives them the opportunity to become friends, before it is revealed that their lives are unknowingly linked and an unfortunate accident challenges
June
JJ has been a soldier who has learned not to trust anyone. Alex has spent his life running from unpleasant things. When they are thrown together by JJ's brother Max, who is a little wild and reckless, they learn how to work together to make a win win for everyone.

A fun, but also heartbreaking story.
Kristi
The 'romance' was kind of boring, actually. But I loved the accountability of Alex, and that JJ was former military.
Aerykah
I finally ended up just speed-reading my way through this one. Unfortunately, it was pretty boring.
Bonnie
The Firefighter's Match by Allie Pleiter I won in a contest. This book had me hooked from the beginning. A guy playing a ukulele on a dock in a small town, at three in the morning. Plus he is playing Christmas music in July. Very intense with everything going on in the book. You wonder if the guy and girl will get together in the end. A very good book. It's the second book in the Gordon Falls Series.
Janel
I won this book in a goodreads first reads giveaway! I was very excited about receiving it and I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint me!!! I was drawn in with the first meeting on the dock with "Bing and Rosemary", and wanted to see where the story was headed. I wasn't expecting what happened but loved the growth of the characters. I can't wait to find the other Gordon Falls books and read those!!!
Lauren Bassford
Not life changing, but a nice little read
Charline Bonham
Part of Gordon Falls series. Female soldier comes back with stress problems like many of her male counterparts. Trying to overcome his own hang ups, Alex finally gets JJ to trust him. Family tragedy with her brother complicate things between them even further.
Ruth
Book was wonderful!! Was surprised to see who the Firefighter was!!!! Won't say for the sake of those that have not read it yet!!! Cried several times especially when Alex had to leave...and of course, I loved the ending. I love Allie's work..she has truly been blessed with her writing ability. This is a must read !!
This book is another well researched one by Allie Plieter. I got the first chapter in one of my Harlequin flyers and was interested enough to track the rest of it down. I was fascinated as the story unfolded and read it in one setting.
Nancy Anderson
Not my favorite of hers..missing the fun here. Alex makes me think of Steve Jobs. Liability, lawsuits..very serious stuff. I go to Grisham or Bell for that stuff..not wanting to slog through in a romance.
Harlequin Books
"It is a nice twist for Pleiter to use a female firefighter as her story's heroine." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Gordon Falls
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Gordon Falls
Megan
Megan added it
Nov 09, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Marie Buccellato
Marie Buccellato marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Yurelsis Rodriguez
Yurelsis Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Season of Love
  • Child of Grace
  • Small-Town Mom
  • Healing Hearts
  • His Unexpected Family
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • Heart of a Rancher (Claremont, Alabama #5)
  • Hometown Family
  • Roping the Wrangler (Wyoming Legacy #2)
  • Reunited with the Sheriff
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • Carbon Copy Cowboy (Texas Twins, #3)
  • Healing the Forest Ranger
  • Season of Joy
  • Her Unexpected Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #2)
  • The Baby Bequest (Wilderness Brides, #2)
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu ...more
More about Allie Pleiter...
The Perfect Blend My So Called Love Life Homefront Hero Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1) Bluegrass Hero (Kentucky Corners #1)