Start by marking “The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls, #3)

The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls #3)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A Healing Match

After serving overseas, former soldier Josephine "JJ" Jones needs a fresh start. And Gordon Falls is just the place. When JJ meets executive Alex Cushman, her world is turned upside down. Alex is seeking a respite from all the pressures of his multimillion-dollar business. And the beautiful firefighter might be the answer to his prayers. But a secret lies be
Published November 22nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Firefighter's Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Firefighter's Match

Michelle
Sep 01, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
Gordon Falls
Book 3

It is with great reluctance that I give this book three stars. I usually think just capturing the interest of a reader and holding it is enough to give it four or five stars, but I hate to say that it's not the case this time.

First of all, if you are looking for something light-hearted, this is not the book. The author deals with a really hard issue in this book in a way that it's usually not dealt with. For the first chapter, it's a simple romance where two people meet on a do
Janine
"The Firefighter's Match" by Allie Pleiter is the third Gordon Falls book and wow nothing like I expected. I mean when I read romance I pretty much expect boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, boy works over issues and then they get married. Well in true form yeah I guess this is what happens but it sure doesn't feel like while reading the story.

Josephine "JJ" is a woman who is looking to find her place again after her time in the military she comes to Gordon Falls to be on their Fire department
Teri-k
I've become a fan of Pleiter's books. They always give you more than you expect, as stories and as Christian books. Here we have JJ, short for Josephine Jones, ex-Army fresh from Afghanistan; and Max, who with his brother Sam heads a highly successful wilderness outfitting company. But it appears Max and Sam don't always get along, and Max has been withdrawing from the company as much as possible lately.

When a questionable business decision of Sam's causes JJ's brother to be seriously injured,
John Hanscom
Jan 30, 2014 John Hanscom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere between 4 and 5 stars. I've been reading these "love inspired" novels for a long time, as my wife began reading them and got me "hooked." Even the very, very good ones always adhere to a formula = boy and girl meet or re-meet; they start to grow close and fight their feelings for each other; a crisis occurs which drives them apart; they flounder; a second crisis occurs which resolves whatever the first crisis was and make them realize they do love one another; they get together. I alwa ...more
Kame
Jan 26, 2014 Kame rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the uniqueness of this story.

JJ has returned from serving overseas and now she is trying to find her place in the world. Her first step is to manage her brother's business as he is away chasing adventure. Alex is known for avoiding difficult decisions, he has rented a cabin so he can have some quiet time to himself. A bout of insomnia gives them the opportunity to become friends, before it is revealed that their lives are unknowingly linked and an unfortunate accident challenges
June
Feb 01, 2014 June rated it it was amazing
JJ has been a soldier who has learned not to trust anyone. Alex has spent his life running from unpleasant things. When they are thrown together by JJ's brother Max, who is a little wild and reckless, they learn how to work together to make a win win for everyone.

A fun, but also heartbreaking story.
Lucinda
Nov 23, 2015 Lucinda rated it it was amazing
Allie Pleiter rocks the romantic conflict and this book is one the best examples of that I've read.
Kristi
Jun 04, 2014 Kristi rated it really liked it
The 'romance' was kind of boring, actually. But I loved the accountability of Alex, and that JJ was former military.
Bonnie
Nov 20, 2013 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
The Firefighter's Match by Allie Pleiter I won in a contest. This book had me hooked from the beginning. A guy playing a ukulele on a dock in a small town, at three in the morning. Plus he is playing Christmas music in July. Very intense with everything going on in the book. You wonder if the guy and girl will get together in the end. A very good book. It's the second book in the Gordon Falls Series.
Janel
Dec 15, 2013 Janel rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a goodreads first reads giveaway! I was very excited about receiving it and I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint me!!! I was drawn in with the first meeting on the dock with "Bing and Rosemary", and wanted to see where the story was headed. I wasn't expecting what happened but loved the growth of the characters. I can't wait to find the other Gordon Falls books and read those!!!
Lauren Bassford
Jan 18, 2014 Lauren Bassford rated it really liked it
Not life changing, but a nice little read
Charline Bonham
Dec 28, 2013 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it
Part of Gordon Falls series. Female soldier comes back with stress problems like many of her male counterparts. Trying to overcome his own hang ups, Alex finally gets JJ to trust him. Family tragedy with her brother complicate things between them even further.
Ruth
Nov 22, 2013 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-ever
Book was wonderful!! Was surprised to see who the Firefighter was!!!! Won't say for the sake of those that have not read it yet!!! Cried several times especially when Alex had to leave...and of course, I loved the ending. I love Allie's work..she has truly been blessed with her writing ability. This is a must read !!
Nov 10, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, christian
This book is another well researched one by Allie Plieter. I got the first chapter in one of my Harlequin flyers and was interested enough to track the rest of it down. I was fascinated as the story unfolded and read it in one setting.
Nancy Anderson
Nov 01, 2013 Nancy Anderson rated it really liked it
Not my favorite of hers..missing the fun here. Alex makes me think of Steve Jobs. Liability, lawsuits..very serious stuff. I go to Grisham or Bell for that stuff..not wanting to slog through in a romance.
Harlequin Books
"It is a nice twist for Pleiter to use a female firefighter as her story's heroine." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Gordon Falls
Aerykah
I finally ended up just speed-reading my way through this one. Unfortunately, it was pretty boring.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Gordon Falls
Cay1cay
Cay1cay marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Olney Public
Olney Public marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Nancy Whitmire
Nancy Whitmire marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Andria
Andria rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 19, 2015
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 19, 2015 10:40AM
  • A Season of Love
  • Child of Grace
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (Serendipity Sweethearts, #1)
  • Single Dad Cowboy (Cooper Creek, #8)
  • Healing Hearts
  • Heart of a Soldier
  • Small-Town Mom
  • His Unexpected Family
  • Mistletoe Prayers (Bodine Family, #2.5)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart (Home to Hartley Creek, #3)
  • Jingle Bell Romance (Holiday Harbor #2)
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • Roping the Wrangler (Wyoming Legacy, #1)
  • Sugarplum Homecoming (Whisper Falls, #3)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • The Widower's Second Chance
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu ...more
More about Allie Pleiter...

Gordon Falls (6 books)
  • Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1)
  • The Fireman's Homecoming (Gordon Falls, #2)
  • A Heart to Heal (Gordon Falls, #4)
  • Saved by the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #5)
  • Small-Town Fireman (Gordon Falls, #6)