Start by marking “The Shadow of Mudflap (Foxtrot Team, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow of Mudflap (Foxtrot Team, #1)

The Shadow of Mudflap (Foxtrot Team #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  102 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
To us, first responders are heroes. But for them, risking their lives is a normal, everyday thing.

Mudflap:
Born the baby of the family, Mudflap has always had something to prove to emerge out of the shadows of his older siblings. He spent eight years as a Special Ops elite sniper and is now a firefighter. But at his heart, he’s just a normal West Texas good old boy who love
Published July 23rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow of Mudflap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow of Mudflap

Christi Snow
May 07, 2013 Christi Snow added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Coming August, 2013
Vanessa theJeepDiva
The number one reason this book is awesome to me is the very last line in the synopsis. I love it someone does something for a good cause and that is exactly what Christi Snow and M.F. Smith have done here.

Anyone who loves college football season will love the Shadow of Mudflap. Shanae and Mudflap are investigating a string of arsons that are connected and pointing to the college team that happens to be having a shockingly good season. To keep readers on their toes and the characters frustrated
Sara Tieszen paschal
Aug 07, 2013 Sara Tieszen paschal rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun and action packed read. I love the ending and will be counting the days 'til more Mudflap;)
Barbara Ann
The Shadow of Mudflap is an enjoyable story involving secret agents, a domestic terrorist organization, motorcycle gangs, and, at the heart of it all, Texas football. If you don’t already know this, then let me be clear: Texans take their football seriously! Snow and Smith do not exaggerate the importance of this sport one bit. I wouldn’t have believed it until I moved to Texas five years ago. Football is sacred here.

Once I started the book, I couldn’t put it down and pretty much finished it in
Amy
Jan 03, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing

First of all, it's impossible to not LOVE this book- and I don't even live in Texas. Well, I did once, we were stationed there in San Antonio. What did I learn during that time? Texans LOVE their football, their country and their Texas (not incidentally my oldest plans to go to UT Austin next year-Mudflap and Shanae would probably not appreciate that)

ANYWAY- This book has SO much going on.

A terrorist organization is threatening the way of life for the college town of Lubbock, Texas, and their fo
Kelly
Aug 06, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
I have one thing to say about this book. No, wait. I have more than one thing. I have several things. One of them will likely revolve around Mudflap's unfortunate name. Poor guy. Another MIGHT revolve around how I fear ever traveling through Texas because (if I'm reading these Christi Snow books right) there's a terrorist lurking around every corner. On the other hand, Texas also seems to sport some mighty hunky looking men. And the ladies who can bring them to their knees.

I appreciate that.

So.
Laura Carson
Mudflap Davidson wakes up thinking today is just like any day as a fire fighter. That is until he gets the call that lands his partner in ICU, meets the woman that can knock him on his ass, and finds out he just got involved in something that he never saw coming. Mudflap's about to get tossed into a world of secret forces with hidden agendas, government agencies that technically don't exist, and people all around him leading double lives.

The Shadow of Mudflap was a blast to read, very fast pace
J.A. Howell
Dec 04, 2013 J.A. Howell rated it it was amazing
What is there not to love about this book? Christi Snow is a talented author and has given me yet another Texas boy to swoon over. This time its Mudflap (yep, Mudflap) a sexy, tough firefighter.
I won't go much into the storyline as many other reviews have already. What I will say is if you've read any of Christi's When The Mission End series and enjoyed it you will love this one. As usual, she seamlessly blends edge of your seat suspense, surprising thrills and steamy romance into one heck of a
Greta Branas
Aug 09, 2013 Greta Branas rated it it was amazing
I love this new series from Christi Snow. It had me intrigued from the beginning. I could not put it down. I highly recommend this book can't wait for book two.
Angie
Sep 17, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! Christi is fast becoming a favorite of mine! Cannot wait to read more!!
Stacy Sabala
Oct 11, 2013 Stacy Sabala rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book Review- The Shadow of Mudflap by Christi Snow and M.F. Smith

Mudflap, and yes that is his real name, is a fire fighter in Lubbock, Texas. We meet him when he and his partner are responding to a fire and in the process save a couple of kids. Unfortunately after saving the kids, his partner gets trapped inside the burning building and almost dies. Shanae is an paramedic on the ambulance that takes Mudflap’s partner to the hospital. She keeps him alive until he gets to the hospital and handed o
Musing
Aug 16, 2013 Musing rated it really liked it
Another wonderful read by talented author Christi Snow. I loved The Shadow of Mudflap, and eagerly await future instalments. I was so pleased to be a part of something that this book has been fundraise for too. Congratulations M.F. Smith and Christi Snow for your admirable passion.

Mudflap was a wonderful Hero. Gorgeous, thoughtful, cocky, yet humble, he was easy to love. He struggled with guilt. It plagued him and contributed to self-doubt. Especially when confronted with keeping his brother o
Amy at bookgoonie
CHRISTI knows how to show off the SEXY and THRILLs of TEXAS and make them shine. She is well on her way to being THE writer for this niche of your bookcase. Her WHEN THE MISSION ENDS series well established what I expect. Strong women. Alpha men in Uniform with a sweet spot for strong women. Family and Friends come first. Sexy with a great storyline and build up. Action-packed thrills. THE SHADOW OF MUDFLAP delivers all of the above.

MUDFLAP is our hometown boy man with skills. I’m picturing some
gillian (Tattooed Book Review)
See this review and more at www.TattooedBookReview.com!

I had an absolute blast reading this book, and for several reasons. I’m thrilled to be involved in helping to spread the word about this book: all proceeds and from sale of this book go to the Lubbock Red Cross. AND, the book is just plain fun to read! The story is sexy and exciting, just like it’s lovable hero and heroine. Mystery, humor, and great big dash of Texas charm round out this entertaining read.

There’s multiple layers to this fast
Shirley
Aug 19, 2013 Shirley rated it really liked it
I received The Shadow of Mudflap in exchange for a fair and honest review.

4 1/2 Star Review

It didn’t surprise me at all that I finished this one in practically one sitting – and not just because it was fairly short. (150-200 pages is not a long book for me.) It’s basically because Christi Snow’s books always demand to be read from start to finish. They tend to grab you from the beginning and don’t let go. The Shadow of Mudflap was definitely not an exception.

Mudflap was the first to be int
TheGeekyBlogger
Oct 28, 2013 TheGeekyBlogger rated it really liked it
Read for BookClub (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 3.75

First Thought when Finished: The action in The Shadow of Mudflap was heart pumping and never ending! I totally approve!

Story Thoughts: The Shadow of Mudflap is a romping good ride with just a bit of nail-biting involved. There is a lot of action, intrigue, and just enough smexiness to make you forget that the characters seem to be under threat pretty much every step they take. I really enjoyed the mystery/thril
Tara Chevrestt
Sep 09, 2013 Tara Chevrestt rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2013-release
This is a cute book. The "halftime texting", the jokes between Mudflap and Shanae. The Texans and their fanatism about college football... I'm from Oklahoma, where it's the same. OSU vs OU. So I got a chuckle out that too.

The hero is a nice guy--not an Alpha butt wipe. I like this. He doesn't have to establish dominance constantly--not that he could dominate this heroine anyway.

Shanae is a ball-buster. She takes no grief from anyone. She carries weapons on her person even at the golf course. She
Mariana Bezerra
May 12, 2014 Mariana Bezerra rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Christi does know how to create mayhem in town, Texas always suffer with her attack, but it does makes for better books. It’s always impressive how she can destroy the town she loves, but she makes good stuff with her heroes and this time it wasn’t different. Despise the fact Mudflap is a really strange name, the character is actually a nice fellow. I liked the fact he has some training from his time in the army and that after all those years, he decide to help people after leaving the Army.

Shan
Deborah Sastroredjo
Sep 12, 2013 Deborah Sastroredjo rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
We received this book for a honest review. At first I looked at it and went meh… Mudflap? So I thought it would be some book about some sleepy town hero for stuff that well… I dunno. And then I saw it’s proceedings would go to Lubbock Red Cross, so I went ok, I will read it, for a good cause. And then I was blown away! So first off, sorry to the writers to be a stuck up … well you know.

Back to the book. They really pulled off a normal town pulled in a James Bond meets Die Hard feel. The good Die
Kerry
Nov 08, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing
I have read quite a few books over the years that were written by more than 1 author. Very few of those books are written so smoothly that you cannot tell which author wrote which part....The Shadow of Mudflap is one of those very few books! This book was fantastic! Smoothly written, characters & storyline well developed, and can we say hot?!
Action, adventure, love, HEA, whodunnit...The Shadow of Mudflap has it all! Let's not forget that the authors are also donating the proceeds of this boo
Suzanne Cotton
Mar 24, 2014 Suzanne Cotton rated it it was amazing
THE Shadow of Mudflap

ok great book, but damn what a name. I love the storyline and the characters in this book especially since it takes place here in Texas. Lots of suspense, action and ok not a lot of "romance" but a really great read can't wait til August when the next book comes out
Sue
Aug 23, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Cannot wait for the next book.....next year! That is the only draw back to series books. But for the first in the series....the characters were great and the story moved along well. Christie Snow is an amazing author and all her books are great.
Kristy
Nov 11, 2013 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I wasn't going to read this because the name kind of put me off. I'm glad I did though. This was an enjoyable read, despite me not knowing anything about American football.

The characters were likeable and the story was engaging. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Alison
Oh dear, I like Christi Snow (or at least I thought I did) but I hesitated over buying this because I hated the cover AND the title. But, I thought, what could be so bad?

First, I never got over loathing the hero's name - Mudflap? I mean really?

Second, I've got to say that this was neither a romance nor a suspense/thriller. Instead it seemed to miss both marks.

Shanae (yet another dreadful name) is supposed to be some legendary kick-ass undercover agent - they all have stupid fox names, don't even
Christy
Sep 08, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-5
More like 3.5 stars. It wasn't amazing, but it was good enough that I can't wait to read the next book.
Kim Howard
Kim Howard rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Denise Hoffman
Denise Hoffman rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
D.G. Smith
D.G. Smith rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Bev Puckett
Bev Puckett rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Meredith De Blois
Meredith De Blois rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
CJ Lyons Thriller...: Blog giveaway of a fun secret agent book! 4 29 Aug 20, 2013 01:56PM
  • Too Sexy for His  Stetson
  • Precious Embrace (Embrace Series Book 2)
  • Dear Adam
  • Bidding Wars
  • Two Times as Hot (Oklahoma Nights, #2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Trust No One, #4)
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • The Forever Gate 2
  • The Practical Guide to Happiness, If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again
  • Fiery Bride (Matchmaker and Co., #3)
  • A Good Time (O'Learys, #2)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Yours (Tennessee Waltz, #2)
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
  • Broken Fences (TroubleMaker, #1)
  • Starchild: The City of Souls (Starchild, #2)
  • Undercover (The Surgical Strike Unit, #0.5)
  • Osteoblasts to the Rescue: An Imaginative Journey Through the Skeletal System
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
As an avid reader my entire life, I’ve always dreamed of writing books that brought to others the kind of joy I feel when I read.

But…I never did anything about it besides jot down a few ideas and sparse scenes.

When I turned 41, I decided it was time to go after my dream and started writing. Within four months, I’d written over 150,000 words and haven’t stopped since. I’ve found my passion by writi
More about Christi Snow...