Start by marking “Erased (Altered, #2)” as Want to Read:
Erased (Altered, #2)

Erased (Altered #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  7,392 Ratings  ·  747 Reviews
They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.

After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.
When memories from Anna's old life begin to resurface--and a figure from her childhood reappears--Anna's loyalties
Audiobook, 288 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Hachette Audio (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Erased, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erased

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,459 books — 15,832 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,532 books — 8,977 voters

More lists with this book...

Mags~CVAddikt~
Apr 12, 2013 Mags~CVAddikt~ marked it as up-next-priority
Shelves: pendientes
Ali
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Erased, the hotly anticipated sequel to Altered. It did not disappoint!

First, let me start off by saying that I loved Altered. I had been hesitant at first to read it, because the description of the story, in my mind, made it seem like it could either be really good or really cheesy. It was not, in any sense of the word, cheesy. It sucked me in and created a knot of anxiety that rode in my chest throughout the entire reading. When I finished, I was distra
madametschenni
Nov 28, 2015 madametschenni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eine wirklich gelungene Fortsetzung! Es gab Spannung, überraschende Wendungen und jede Menge Action!
Isis
Feb 18, 2013 Isis marked it as to-read
Update March 10th, 2013:
Can I just say that the cover of the book looks epic! Though I was waiting to see how Anna would look like. Maybe Anna and Sam together?
A whatever this one looks pretty mouthwathering too!

----------------------------------

If I may speak for every single one that read book one,

it was awesome. Just mind-blowing, crazy-jumping, fan-girling awesome.

When I was first in the story I was really annoyed with the hopeless act Anna performed. That was untill she kicked-ass and sa
Nadia  Islam Nitol
After reading: First off, the title isn't justified. Enough said without spreading spoilers (But you can guess a teensy bit of something right? Right?).

But...

This was a good read nonetheless. I adore Jennifer Rush even more now because she doesn't do the predictable. For instance, (view spoiler)

But...

The book ended quickly, almost too quickly that it felt like Rush was r
Ezgi Tülü
Az önce dönüp baktım acaba ilk kitapla ilgili ne söylemişim? diye fakat hiçbir şey söylememişim. Kitap hakkında nasıl hissettiğimi az çok hatırlıyorum gerçi ve ikinci kitabın birinci kitaptan bu açıdan pek bir farkı yoktu.

Bazı noktalarda karakterler etrafta boş boş koşturuyormuş gibi hissettim ve olan biten de düzgünce açıklanmamıştı bana sorarsanız. İlk kitabın nasıl bittiğini pek hatırlamıyordum ama Bellek'e başladıktan sonra kitabın içine girmekte hiç sorun yaşamadım (sanırım ilk kitabın bır
Gökçe
Apr 27, 2016 Gökçe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Amnezi ile ilgili düşüncelerimin aynısı bu kitap içinde geçerli. Konu olarak çok farklı ve güzel. Sağlam da bir kurgusu var ama yazar olayları çok oldu bittiye getirmiş. Kitap sadece 280 sayfa ve bir sürü olay, aksiyon içeriyor. Aslında bu her ne kadar olumlu birşey olsa da yaşanan şeylerin daha detayına girilmesi lazımdı. Bu kadar yüzeysel geçilmesini beni üzdü. Çünkü dediğim gibi güzel bir kurgu temelde yatıyor. Bunun dışında geçmişe dönüşlerin olması hoşuma gitti. Olayların başlangıcının bir ...more
Steffi
Jan 08, 2016 Steffi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Hide or Erased is the second book of the Altered series by Jennifer Rush

After loving Altered so much I was actually disappointed with Erased.

First of all, the story was too short. Too short. The German edition has only about 272 pages and this is maybe the shortest book I own. Because of this, the story was too fast and I couldn't enjoy all the myteries and action scenes. On top, I feel like this book could have been more detailed and better written. We get to know some new characters and they .
Zeynep Derya (Zeynep's Library)
Kısa olduğu için hemencecik okuyup bitirdim ama bu sefer de tadı damağımda kaldı biraz.

Edit;
Uzun kitap yorumum için -> Zeynep's Library
Taschima
Mar 10, 2013 Taschima marked it as to-read
description

Cannot contain my happiness!

description
Micah
This is an absolute Hot Mess of a Sequel and not in a good way
Micah is not impressed at all. Spoilers are ahead

Review also posted at Chaos Reads: The YA Forums

2014 is not looking good for me at all guys. it's january 10th, 2014 and i've read 6 books and I am sort of disappointed with all but one of them. But none has disappointed me like Erased has. Let me save you th e trouble of reading the book and just read my review.

1. Plot: 2 out of 5

Erased takes pla
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Rating:    photo 4-1.png 1/2

**There will probably be minor spoilers for the first book...I can't help myself. I have to talk about it. :)**

So, I liked Altered  when I read it earlier this year...A LOT. Like, even more than I thought I was going to. So I pretty much already knew that the sequel was a must-read and that it was probably going to be just as intense.  And, boy, was it!

But before I get to that, a little side-note. I read Altered before I'd ever even heard of the Elementals series by Brigid Kemmere
Lara
Jan 08, 2013 Lara marked it as nuh-uh
Thankfully, Altered didn't follow the 'cliffhanger' trend and end in a extremely emotional and makes you worry for the characters fashion. For this I am happy. Thank you, Ms Rush!

...Still, what I wouldn't do to have this book in my hands right now . Something about that ending left me wanting more. Yes, did end up with a kind of 'their safe for now' vibe but there is serious danger behind them. I want to know what happens, damn it! At this rate, 2014 won't come soon enough. *Goes and cries
Irmak
Apr 14, 2016 Irmak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kütüphanem
Kitabın 280 sayfa oluşu üzücüydü çünkü bu kitapta ilk kitaba nazaran daha çok olay vardı. Ve çok hızlı oldu her şey. Sadece daha uzun olmasını isterdim.
Bu kitapta Anna'nın benim çocuklarım diyip durmasına o kadar sinir oldum ki. Nereden senin çocukların oluyorlarmış acaba diye diye tokatlayasım geldi.
Geçmişe dönüşler sayesinde bir çok şey açıklığa kavuştu. Ve Nick. Önceki kitapta en çok Cas'i sevdim diye düşünüyordum ama bu kitabı da okuduktan sonra en çok sevdiğim kişinin Nick olduğuna karar ve
Esther
Sep 21, 2014 Esther rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Like the first book.
Something that I really liked was the "relationship" between Nick and Anna. That was surprising. And thank god for no love triangle.
Something about that ending left me wanting more.
Melek Yılmaz
Apr 15, 2015 Melek Yılmaz rated it it was amazing
Gerçekten harikaydı, hala bu kadar kısa kitapta bu kadar çok olayın eksiksiz anlatılabilmiş olması beni şaşırtıyor.
BAYILDIM!
bookaddict
Feb 06, 2017 bookaddict rated it it was amazing
O neydi öyle?!? BAYILDIM.Çok güzeldi.Yazar ikinci kitapla kurguyu zirveye taşımış resmen.Kurgu harikaydı.Açığa çıkan sırlar,taşların teker teker yerine oturması ve aksiyonun hiç durmaması..tüm bunlar kitabı mükemmel ötesi yapmış.Kesinlikle favorilerimde.
Jillian Heise
Mar 05, 2013 Jillian Heise rated it really liked it
Shelves: yr-2013-reads
This is such an addictively readable series full of intrigue and heart-pounding action! I loved the first book, and this second book didn't disappoint. I might have liked it even better than the first. It was full of suspense and unexpected reveals and the excitement of people on the run for their lives. Delving further into the secrecy and conspiracy behind the Branch, twists and surprises abound. And all of that is happening to these characters that are likeable and entertaining and that I wan ...more
Jenni
Sep 01, 2015 Jenni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brianna
So yeah... I cried...

AH I JUST CAN'T EVEN...... ;fldkajsflkasdjfldsakjfasdl;jfas;ldjkfas;dlfjasdlk SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOOOOOOOOD.

Holy feels... Jennifer Rush sure knows how to hit you right here --> <3

Mig
Feb 07, 2013 Mig marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2014-release
UPDATE: I prefer the old covers but nothing much changed and I understand why they needed to change it a bit. :)

Thank you, for not ending Altered with a cliffhanger. Thank you so much, Jennifer. I now have the patience to wai- NO GIVE IT TO ME NOW! NOW! GIVE IT TO ME! I NEED IT! AGH I NEED IT! WANT IT! NEED IT! WANT IT! I NEED MORE!
Tamara

WTF pretty much describes this book

-Pacing: Fast. Sometimes TOO fast.

-Plot twists: Predictable and laughable.

-The story: So many underdeveloped stuff and lots of missed opportunities. Also, I don't like how things are still very unexplained.

-Romance: The way it is handled is the biggest slap in the face

Sam/Anna;

...and they have zero chemistry. He was in love with her sister for crying out loud

To tell you the truth I find Nick as a more compelling character. He has a interesting dynamic with Anna
Jaime Arkin
Erased, the follow-up to Altered was exactly what I was hoping it would be. Fast-paced, intense, and full of action.

Erased picks up just after the end of Altered. Anna has fled the Branch with Sam, Cas and Nick and they are searching for answers. They are struggling to survive… following strict rules in order to keep themselves hidden, and struggling with memories that they can’t make sense of.

The tension in the house is thick and Nick’s attitude doesn’t really help. But assistance from someon
Jodie
Jan 31, 2013 Jodie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
We are supposed to wait one year for the sequel?!

You must be kidding me?

09/03/2013
Since when did we have a cover and title!
☾Poppet
Oct 22, 2014 ☾Poppet rated it really liked it

EDIT: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT REBORN (#3) IS JUST ABOUT NICK AND ANOTHER GIRL, is not that i don't like Nick but i thought it was going to be about all of my kids and wrap up the whole Riley and Branch thing, im sad :(

Oh my god I devoured this freaking book, i don’t know if it’s because of the fact that it was fast pased or because i was really enjoying it and it was really short, i mean 288 pages c’mon i wanted more!

This second book wasn’t as nice as Altered, it was good but quite repetitive in s
Jessica
Dec 17, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dieses Buch hat mich so in seinen Bann gezogen, sodass ich es in einem Rutsch lesen musste ♡
Kambriea
OH MY GAWD I am totally fangirling right now!!! You mean there is gonna be a second one! I hope the covers as AMAZING as the first one, who can blame me. Consider this book sold:-).................
........

..................OMG THE COVERS OUT!!!!! Its even better then I imagined it:-) sooooo excited to read it.........3 stars already
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
I really hope this is not the ending of this series!! Loved it! Full review to come!

Full review:

Erased was one of the books that were on my MUST-HAVE and MUST-READ list. I loved ALTERED so much and just could not wait to jump back into the world of my three favorite boys, Sam, Cas, and Nick.

Erased is filled with so much mystery and suspense that I just couldn't contain myself while reading. I was grunting, screaming, telling everyone around to shut up so I can read, and at times I was even tal
Lindsay Cummings
Mar 14, 2014 Lindsay Cummings rated it it was amazing
This series is easily one of my new favorites.

I fell in love with book 1, ALTERED, flying through it in a day. I moved right onto book 2, and flew through that in half a day!

This isn't really going to be a review. It's going to be more of a "ZOMG I AM FANGIRLING BUY THIS SERIES NOW" post.

Why did I love it so much? Because it was SO unique. So different from what I expected! I didn't realize there would be so much action, mystery and betrayal! This is the perfectly webbed story, where things don'
Debbie
Feb 16, 2014 Debbie rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, scfi
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Zero Hour (Gypsy Brothers, #8)
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Zora and Nicky
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
Jennifer Rush lives in a little town on the shoreline of Lake Michigan with her husband and two children. She grew up wanting to be an Egyptologist, but realized she hated the desert and declared herself a writer instead. She won her first writing award in the fourth grade (a Mickey Mouse pencil was the prize) and has been crafting stories ever since. In her free time, she likes to read, Photoshop ...more
More about Jennifer Rush...

Altered (3 books)