The Jericho Sanction (Peter Newman, #2)

The Jericho Sanction (Peter Newman #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  406 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When his cover is blown and his wife is kidnapped in Jerusalem, Lt Col Peter Newman realises he may have to pay a catastrophic price for his participation in a secret government mission to uncover Iraqi nuclear weapons.

Newman has always been willing to put his life on the line for his country. As concern that Iraq may already possess nuclear weapons grows, he once again pu...more
Published August 31st 2004 by Avon (first published September 28th 2003)

City of Djinns by William DalrympleA Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonExperience by Martin AmisHot Blooded by Lisa JacksonConquest of the Useless by Werner Herzog
Signed books
10th out of 64 books — 9 voters
The Diaries of Pontius Pilate by Joseph Max LewisTripwire by Lee ChildAmerican Assassin by Vince FlynnDamascus Countdown by Joel C. RosenbergTransfer of Power by Vince Flynn
Most Addictive Books/Authors
67th out of 171 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Deb
Plot Summary: What happens, When & Where, Central Characters, Major Conflicts[return]Peter Newman is called out of hiding by General Grisham. Not only is his and his wife Rachel's cover being compromised, there are also rumors that Iraq has 3 nuclear weapons. Grisham wants Peter to go on a hunt for the nukes, but before he can leave his wife and her best friend are kidnapped. Newman teams up with the Israeli security guy who is the husband of the other missing woman to try to find them. But...more
John Bruni
It's just not my cup of tea. I only bought the book so I could meet Oliver North at a signing in Oak Brook. I had reasons, but reading his book wasn't one of them. I just figured I'd read it since I had it. I'm not generally a fan of thrillers, at least not in book form. They don't work for me. I don't mind them in movie form. They can be fun sometimes. But it takes a great writer to get me into such a book. Ian Fleming could do it, but very few others can. North (and his ghost writer) couldn't.
Peter Charleston
Recommend reading Mission Compromised by Oliver North prior to this book as the series is turning into a nice, realistic, adventure. Enjoyable novel. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Jerald
Exciting read.
Jodie
I think that I like this one better than Mission Compromised. In this one, you find out what happened to minor characters from the previous book, which was nice, since there were some minor characters that I would have hated to see killed. It was also a sad book. But even with sad parts, I still liked it.
Greg Snyder
Liked this book a lot. A lot of this book could really happen.
Fredrick Danysh
When his cover is blown in Israel, Major Peter J. Newman's family is threatened. In Jerusalem his wife is kidnapped. Newman has to make a decision whether to continue his mission or rescue his wife. Israel prepares to launch a preemptive missile attack against Islamic terrorists holding nuclear weapons.
Greg Snyder
Very much enjoyed the book. It may be fiction but a whole lot of what is written could happen.
Paul Chandler
A very good book. It is great to read a great thriller/espionage book with a Christian base and not all the swearing and sex and other stuff. Mr. North wrote a great three book series, "Mission Compromised", "Jericho Sanction", and "The Assassins" and I enjoyed reading them all.
Bill Donhiser
This is the third Oliver North book i have read and I have enjoyed every one. Nuclear weapons a kidnapping and betrayal round out the plot of this novel set in the Middle East. I look forward to more from Ollie in the future.
Blaise Nicoletti
This is the second book in a trilogy of a story line and just keeps rollin like the first. WOW!! So very enjoyable to read. Have put the 3rd on hold because I have graduate studies to attend to.
Chuck
We continue to follow Lt. Col. Peter Newman's struggle to keep peace in
the Middle East. Looks like Israel is the intended target of nuclear
weapons this time.
Jeff
Great book, I received a signed hardcover version of this book a few years ago and just finished rereading it. It's still just as good as I remembered it.
Courtney Marie W
This book is really long and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time!! It has a military theme, so it is very interesting.
Michelle
Good quick read! I was not expecting it to be a page-turner, but it was. Reminded me of a Vince Flynn novel.
Cindy Barnett
I've loved all Oliver North 's books & he says they are real. I believed him in the Iran-Contra hearings and I do now.
Marilee
I love the main characters. Weird when North writes himself as a character in the book.
Lisa
Aug 22, 2011 Lisa marked it as to-read
I have an autographed copy of this book which I am proud of. It's on my list to read
Cynthia
Oct 18, 2009 Cynthia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cynthia by: Denny
A real page-turner. Doesn't get bogged down in boring details.
Nicolas Anderson
Didn't realize that this book connected to Mission Compromised!
Dan Rowling
Another series that is hard to put down!
Joshua
For a work of fiction, this was a good read.
Julie
Great book. Loved it.
Patrice
Loved it! = )
Howard Forman
Howard Forman marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Vicki May
Vicki May is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)
  • The Gettysburg Gospel: The Lincoln Speech That Nobody Knows
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • Strike Force (Patrick McLanahan, #13)
  • Infamy: Pearl Harbor and Its Aftermath
  • Tonight We Die As Men: The untold story of Third Battalion 506 Parachute Infantry Regiment from Toccoa to D-Day
  • Scimitar SL-2 (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #7)
  • Patton
  • Never Call Retreat: Lee and Grant: The Final Victory (Gettysburg, #3)
  • The Third World War August 1985
  • The Men Who Lost America: British Leadership, the American Revolution, and the Fate of the Empire
  • All for the Union: The Civil War Diary & Letters of Elisha Hunt Rhodes
  • Rising Phoenix (Mark Beamon, #1)
  • It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate (Fellowship of the Essentials, #1)
  • The 34th Degree (Sam Deker, #2)
  • Blitzkrieg: From the Rise of Hitler to the Fall of Dunkirk
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
Mission Compromised (Peter Newman, #1) The Assassins (Peter Newman, #3) Under Fire: An American Story - The Explosive Autobiography of Oliver North Heroes Proved (Peter Newman, #4) American Heroes: In the Fight Against Radical Islam