Start by marking “The Jericho Sanction (Peter Newman, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Jericho Sanction (Peter Newman, #2)

The Jericho Sanction (Peter Newman #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  628 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
When his cover is blown and his wife is kidnapped in Jerusalem, Lt Col Peter Newman realises he may have to pay a catastrophic price for his participation in a secret government mission to uncover Iraqi nuclear weapons.

Newman has always been willing to put his life on the line for his country. As concern that Iraq may already possess nuclear weapons grows, he once again pu
Published August 31st 2004 by Avon (first published September 28th 2003)

City of Djinns by William DalrympleThe Discovery of the Titanic by Robert D. BallardA Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonExperience by Martin AmisHot Blooded by Lisa Jackson
Signed books
11th out of 75 books — 10 voters
American Assassin by Vince FlynnThe Diaries of Pontius Pilate by Joseph Max LewisTripwire by Lee ChildDamascus Countdown by Joel C. RosenbergThe Tehran Initiative by Joel C. Rosenberg
Most Addictive Books/Authors
84th out of 185 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

John Bruni
Mar 16, 2014 John Bruni rated it did not like it
It's just not my cup of tea. I only bought the book so I could meet Oliver North at a signing in Oak Brook. I had reasons, but reading his book wasn't one of them. I just figured I'd read it since I had it. I'm not generally a fan of thrillers, at least not in book form. They don't work for me. I don't mind them in movie form. They can be fun sometimes. But it takes a great writer to get me into such a book. Ian Fleming could do it, but very few others can. North (and his ghost writer) couldn't.
Phil
Jan 09, 2016 Phil rated it it was ok
The Jericho Sanction (Peter Newman, #2) by Oliver North Oliver North

Boring with tons of military abreviations and implied insight. The story gets lost within the military jargon. It's too bad, it's not a bad plot and story.
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, suspense
Plot Summary: What happens, When & Where, Central Characters, Major Conflicts[return]Peter Newman is called out of hiding by General Grisham. Not only is his and his wife Rachel's cover being compromised, there are also rumors that Iraq has 3 nuclear weapons. Grisham wants Peter to go on a hunt for the nukes, but before he can leave his wife and her best friend are kidnapped. Newman teams up with the Israeli security guy who is the husband of the other missing woman to try to find them. But ...more
John
Feb 09, 2015 John rated it really liked it
Excellent book, this book had me captivated from the beginning. I've seen Ollie's books for a while and was skeptical about picking them up, I guess because I've been spoiled by the likes of Don Brown, and Dee Henderson. Being a Christian and veteran I love reading military Christian fiction. The characters were well developed, and the story line could have been taken from the news headlines today. I think that is why the book draws you in and is hard to put down.
Peter Charleston
Feb 17, 2014 Peter Charleston rated it really liked it
Recommend reading Mission Compromised by Oliver North prior to this book as the series is turning into a nice, realistic, adventure. Enjoyable novel. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
Mixed feelings

There were parts of the novel I liked and enjoyed, however it never seemed really capture my full attention or involvement
Gordon Wulff
Mar 24, 2015 Gordon Wulff rated it really liked it
A welcome and personable host of characters being put through their paces.
Kimberlee Bergeron
Aug 24, 2014 Kimberlee Bergeron rated it it was amazing
Second book of Oliver north trilogy. Great read!
Bethany Harlan
Apr 25, 2015 Bethany Harlan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sounds like today's news...

This book reads and sounds like today's news. Very realistic and true to life adventure in the hotbed of the middle east. I highly recommend this book.
Jerald
May 02, 2014 Jerald rated it it was amazing
Exciting read.
Chuck
May 25, 2015 Chuck rated it it was ok
I read this for a book club - if they assign another book like this I may consider quitting the book club. When Fawn Hall was shredding papers, she should have shred this as a public service.
Vicki May
Aug 05, 2014 Vicki May rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the first of this series, took a while but the second was just as good.
Jodie
Apr 11, 2009 Jodie rated it it was amazing
I think that I like this one better than Mission Compromised. In this one, you find out what happened to minor characters from the previous book, which was nice, since there were some minor characters that I would have hated to see killed. It was also a sad book. But even with sad parts, I still liked it.
Greg Snyder
Jan 11, 2014 Greg Snyder rated it really liked it
Liked this book a lot. A lot of this book could really happen.
Fredrick Danysh
Jun 23, 2011 Fredrick Danysh rated it really liked it
When his cover is blown in Israel, Major Peter J. Newman's family is threatened. In Jerusalem his wife is kidnapped. Newman has to make a decision whether to continue his mission or rescue his wife. Israel prepares to launch a preemptive missile attack against Islamic terrorists holding nuclear weapons.
Greg Snyder
Jan 11, 2014 Greg Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very much enjoyed the book. It may be fiction but a whole lot of what is written could happen.
Paul
Jul 14, 2013 Paul rated it it was amazing
A very good book. It is great to read a great thriller/espionage book with a Christian base and not all the swearing and sex and other stuff. Mr. North wrote a great three book series, "Mission Compromised", "Jericho Sanction", and "The Assassins" and I enjoyed reading them all.
Bill Donhiser
Oct 08, 2013 Bill Donhiser rated it really liked it
This is the third Oliver North book i have read and I have enjoyed every one. Nuclear weapons a kidnapping and betrayal round out the plot of this novel set in the Middle East. I look forward to more from Ollie in the future.
Blaise Nicoletti
Sep 24, 2012 Blaise Nicoletti rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a trilogy of a story line and just keeps rollin like the first. WOW!! So very enjoyable to read. Have put the 3rd on hold because I have graduate studies to attend to.
Chuck
Apr 19, 2010 Chuck rated it it was amazing
We continue to follow Lt. Col. Peter Newman's struggle to keep peace in
the Middle East. Looks like Israel is the intended target of nuclear
weapons this time.
Jeff
Dec 27, 2009 Jeff rated it really liked it
Great book, I received a signed hardcover version of this book a few years ago and just finished rereading it. It's still just as good as I remembered it.
Courtney Marie W
Oct 14, 2008 Courtney Marie W rated it really liked it
This book is really long and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time!! It has a military theme, so it is very interesting.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read! I was not expecting it to be a page-turner, but it was. Reminded me of a Vince Flynn novel.
Cindy
Sep 12, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
I've loved all Oliver North 's books & he says they are real. I believed him in the Iran-Contra hearings and I do now.
Marilee
Jul 13, 2013 Marilee rated it really liked it
I love the main characters. Weird when North writes himself as a character in the book.
Lisa
Aug 22, 2011 Lisa marked it as to-read
I have an autographed copy of this book which I am proud of. It's on my list to read
Cynthia
Oct 18, 2009 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cynthia by: Denny
A real page-turner. Doesn't get bogged down in boring details.
Nicolas Anderson
Jun 11, 2013 Nicolas Anderson rated it really liked it
Didn't realize that this book connected to Mission Compromised!
Dan Rowling
Aug 14, 2011 Dan Rowling rated it it was amazing
Another series that is hard to put down!
Josh Miller
Jan 21, 2013 Josh Miller rated it really liked it
For a work of fiction, this was a good read.
  • No Man's Land: 1918, the Last Year of the Great War
  • The Thousand-Mile War: World War II in Alaska and the Aleutians
  • Celtic Gods, Celtic Goddesses
  • War Stories, Vol. 2
  • Ancient Near East, Volume 1: An Anthology of Texts and Pictures
  • The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)
  • Japan: Its History and Culture
  • Castle Bravo
  • Forgotten Holocaust: The Poles Under German Occupation, 1939-1944
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • COPS
  • Petrus Romanus, The Final Pope is Here
  • If The Allies Had Fallen: Sixty Alternate Scenarios Of World War II
  • Holocaust: A History
  • The Gettysburg Gospel: The Lincoln Speech That Nobody Knows
  • The Hidden
  • Tonight We Die As Men: The untold story of Third Battalion 506 Parachute Infantry Regiment from Tocchoa to D-Day
  • All for the Union: The Civil War Diary & Letters of Elisha Hunt Rhodes

Peter Newman (4 books)
  • Mission Compromised (Peter Newman, #1)
  • The Assassins (Peter Newman, #3)
  • Heroes Proved (Peter Newman, #4)