Start by marking “My Daughter, My Son: An Adolscent's Gender Transition Experienced by Mother & Child” as Want to Read:

""Life isn't worth living if I can't be a boy." My Daughter, My Son" is a riveting inside view from mother and child of a gender transformation. You will be drawn into this human interest story of a middle class family struggling with one of the most emotionally challenging, financially devastating, dangerous and awkward situations they could be thrown into. It will take ...more
Published April 27th 2013 by Churchill & Son Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about My Daughter, My Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Daughter, My Son

Laura Stoddard
Aug 29, 2014 Laura Stoddard rated it really liked it
Geez. Powerful. You have no idea what another person's gone through until you walk in their proverbial shoes. I was shocked, intrigued, and moved by Luca and Betsie's story. My goodness. Luca, I'm so glad you hung in there and found the things (and person) in life to live for! Betsie, God bless you. You certainly deserved the Mother of the Year award you received at his prom.
Heidi Nehls
Heidi Nehls rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Patti Concannon
Patti Concannon rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2014
Floriana
Floriana rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Cynthia Bruce
Cynthia Bruce rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Justin Schleifer
Justin Schleifer rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Tima
Tima added it
Oct 08, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Pdxorjan
Pdxorjan marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Nikki Davis
Nikki Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
A.R.
A.R. marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Featherheart
Featherheart marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
MJ Jarvis
MJ Jarvis marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Betsie is the proud mother of a trans sons. Her greatest joy in life is being a mother and mother-in-law. After heading an alternative family for fifteen years and facing down the challenges that encompasses, she hopes her experiences and commitment to unconditional love will help others.

Leaving Massachusetts for the sunshine of Arizona, Betsie currently resides there with her husband and two cat
More about Betsie Harvie...