The Five Faces of Genius: Learn Be Seer Observer Alchemist Fool Sage Use These creat Thinking Styles Succe

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What do Mozart, da Vinci, and Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com, have in common? They have all mastered skills of creative genius.As the dot.com world rapidly changes the face of business and traditional models become obsolete overnight, companies are no longer looking for business managers who are experts at the system. They need people who can use their creativity to con...more
Published March 19th 2001 by Viking Adult

Maria
Great business book to help in business ventures and putting the right people in the right places.
Julie Cwikla
This was a fantastically researched, easy to read text. Perfect way to learn more about how we process information. Interesting ways that explain how we might capitalize on what we know, what we can create on our own, and with others with similar or different genius. A useful resource for those in leadership, educators, parents, . . . A great read and one I will refer to in the future.
Zebulon
The author details how to avoid "hurry scurry syndrome" where one would hurry to a conclusion or scurry to gather a team to groupthink and instead become a "business artist". A business artist will draw on one of the five facets: seer, observer, alchemist, fool, or sage for creative inspiration.
Jill Kemerer
Excellent book on helping us understand our creative strengths and how to nurture our weaker creative side. Tons of practical advice and inspiring examples of people who have excelled by being creative. Definitely a must read!
JP
Moser-Wellman promotes her own theory of creativity and problem solving through a system of five faces. The approach is useful for making sure all elements are represented. With a team, it would help ensure a balance or mix.
Quazirfan
Quazirfan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Sweth
Sweth added it
Jul 12, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Kirby Ingram
Kirby Ingram marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Scott Stensrud
Scott Stensrud marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Sarah Young keitges
Sarah Young keitges marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Will Vastine
Will Vastine marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Emilio
Emilio marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Mathias
Mathias marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Putri Nurfariza
Putri Nurfariza is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Kannan
Kannan marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Cinthya
Cinthya marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Q
Q added it
Aug 13, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Amycheng
Amycheng marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Teresa
Teresa is currently reading it
May 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Annette is one of the world's leading experts on innovation and leadership. She helps organizations as well as individuals marshal their creative genius and unleash it at work. Annette's company, FireMark Inc, works with leaders of Fortune 1000 firms to create market breakthroughs. She has taught thousands of business people how to use her model for creative thinking and apply it to new products,...more
More about Annette Moser-Wellman...
The Junk Man's MBA: Lessons from my dad on living and working in times of rapid change Finding Hermes' Letter: A Fable for Our Daughters