Start by marking “Swallows And Ice Cream” as Want to Read:
Swallows And Ice Cream

Swallows And Ice Cream

If you're looking for interesting short stories or mystery short stories then Swallows And Ice Cream a Literary Fiction short story book will cover, mystery, romance, suspense, torment and desire.

Steve, a nineteen-year-old English boy, lives and works in one of the small Tuscan villages that surround Florence. He is a lost soul, haunted by the memory of his beloved Katheri
Published April 30th 2013 by NewNet Media

To ask other readers questions about Swallows And Ice Cream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swallows And Ice Cream

Linda Sims
Nov 19, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it
A LOST SOUL

Steve is nineteen, living in a shabby room in Fausto Pacelli's house. Steve is always behind with the rent, but Fausto is ever patient with this quiet and sad English boy. Steve works for Tino Fabiano selling ice cream. Steve who attracts plenty of female attention is good for Tino's business. Steve has made a few friends, Luca who works in his uncles cafe, and then there's the beautiful Maria.

But Steve is far from happy, he's a lost soul, riddled with guilt over his beloved Katherine
Diana Hockley
Nov 15, 2013 Diana Hockley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Swallows and Icecream is a tragic, ethereal story about a young man who blames himself for a woman's death - even though it he could hardly have changed anything. Needless to say, he was more than a little in love with her. The story follows Steve, as he struggles to come to terms with his nightmares. Unfortunately for Steve, he is drowning in self-pity and resorting to the bottle.

Unable to keep his wages in his pocket for more than a night, he is constantly in debt to those around him - his lan
Angel **Book Junkie**
Jul 30, 2013 Angel **Book Junkie** rated it did not like it
I do not even know what to say about this short book. I was annoyed the entire book and had to struggle to finish the book and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I just tried to read. It was short but, I think the ending made the entire book horrible. Steve has nightmares, a ton of self-pity and would rather down a bottle of alcohol then to pay his rent. Steve uses everyone that he knows and many only like him because he is "beautiful". I think the reason I did not like this book is ...more
Diane S ☔
Jul 05, 2013 Diane S ☔ rated it liked it
While I was reading this somewhat innocuous story about a young man working in Italy and in a ice cream store, I just knew there was going to be something terrible in his history. So there was, but not nearly as bad as I though it would be, but sad nonetheless. Well written novella.
Lili
Jun 17, 2013 Lili rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
A short story containing some delightful descriptive passages. It is a poignant story set in Italy about a troubled young man struggling to come to terms with loss. I enjoyed reading this but found it very sad.
Helen Aistrop
Helen Aistrop rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2013
Mona
Mona rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Dionne
Dionne rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Christel
Christel rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Lori Rocha
Lori Rocha rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Jennifer Tancredi
Jennifer Tancredi rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
Oskar
Oskar rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Bloggeretterized
Bloggeretterized rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was ok
May 23, 2013
Nicolene
Nicolene rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2013
Mark Symonds
Mark Symonds rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Kate Stark
Kate Stark rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Trisha
Trisha added it
May 20, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
westernway
westernway marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Jolene
Jolene added it
May 26, 2013
Meikoyim
Meikoyim marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Mitzi
Mitzi marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Rose Beyke
Rose Beyke marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Donna Maguire
Donna Maguire marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
sierra
sierra marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016