Start by marking “Dirt (HDU, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dirt (HDU, #2)

Dirt (HDU #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  516 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Five months ago, Amanda Nathan was a dumped, scorned, and tragically bored moderator for the Internet's largest gossip community "HDU," spending her small town days and nights hiding her pitiable life from catty neighbors. Then, she became an overnight sensation after negotiating a contract to stage a romance with Hollywood's favorite womanizer, going from moderating the p ...more
Published September 12th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Dirt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirt

Ruin by Rachel Van DykenToxic by Rachel Van DykenPlay with Me by Kristen ProbyFalling Waters by Gary D. HenryCome Away with Me by Kristen Proby
Characters that are Famous
30th out of 134 books — 130 voters
Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesBreathe by Abbi GlinesLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEpic Fail by Claire LaZebnikBetween the Lines by Tammara Webber
Celebrity Encounters
58th out of 144 books — 241 voters

More lists with this book...

A. Bookzilla.
So, I'll admit, I thought this was one of those books that will never happen.
And I didn't even realize how much I was looking forward to it until I saw the release date three days ago and then spent the next two in anticipation of buying it.

And India Lee does it again. Everything I loved in the first book is back in full force in this one (yes, including the womanizing douchelord aka Liam Brody who is not so womanizing nor is he a douchelord.)

Liam is actually whipped. W H I P P E D. Sure, he has
The Sleeping Pooh
3.5 stars. Still.

FINALLY. The duology has ended. *insert the most relieved of all relieved sighs here*

Which means...
1. no more banging my head on the table over anything stupid and impulsive thing that Amanda does
2. no more constantly worrying about all the hundred ways Amanda could screw with Liam's career
3. no more wanting to behead Connor and Casey
4. no more shouting to the world how Amanda could live a hundred lifetimes yet still not deserve Liam

Dirt, the second book in the HDU duology is b
Deanna
"Don't let anything change you."

Oh the wise words of the lovely Liam to his girlfriend Amanda.

Just the fact that the title of this book is "Dirt" should be a tip as to what can be expected to happen in this book. Lots and lots of dirt. And it is everywhere. I mean, EVERYWHERE. It's that intense mud-slinging drama that India is so good at creating.

And meanwhile we've got the lovely Liamanda relationship going on and it's actually funny to think about how much Liam has changed since we first m
Zoe and the Edge
Honestly, I was just too busy reading the book to write a review. It was incredibly hard to put down.
I loved Liam and Amanda together. These two are definitely not sappy. It's so enjoyable to see them laugh and grow together. The drama is perfect too, not over done but I ate up every bit of it.
A lot of shit goes down in this book, and Amanda doesn't always react in the right way, but I don't know, it just worked for me. I was okay with it. Usually I hate it when the characters have to go throu
Kim

I really enjoyed this sequel to HDU. Maybe not as much as the first one, but still quite a bit.

I am a sucker for a good romance and this one just didn't have enough Amanda and Liam time for me. What little time they did have together seemed rushed. It felt like one second they were finally an official couple; in the beginning of the "getting to know you" phase and the next they were throwing around the "I love you's" like they had been together for years. I didn't see the progression o
Snigdha Prakash
A 3.5 starer..

I'd say this was a good book but I enjoyed the first part better anyway..
Also..I couldn't feel the real chemistry between Liam and Amanda till the later half of the book.
Not sure if that's a good sign.
But when I actually started feeling it..it was good. But of no use.(view spoiler)

Anyway..the side characters...were good. But their ending left me feeling incomplete. You can't really understand until you read the book.
I just wonder if the
Cheese Fries
Solid 4 stars. I liked this book. A lot. Yes, it still had those long sentences in the dialogues that had unnecessary clauses and explanations, but it was okay. Justice was served.

I agree with other reviewers about appreciating Liam's devotion in this book. Amanda played the noble idiot multiple times, but Liam never wavered, turning the cliché of lie-based separation on its head. Knowing Liam would never give up kept me reading this book, even as Casey's madness lurked at every corner.

Yeah, Ama
Maria Montelibano
So I admit, I went on a binge finishing the sequel to HDU and I admit, even though I give the book a three-and-a-half stars, the way things wrapped up is supremely passable, managing to answer the questions the first book raised (which, at this point, is all I ask for, really).

The novel picks up about three months after the first one ended with some pieces pulled from the ubiquitous gossip blogs that are as integral to the novel as the characters (It wouldn't be dirt without the gossip, wouldn't
Abigail
Summary

This book started where how there you left off. Amanda now has a job working for one of the most respected creator in he to show industry. There is a rivalry with her and Casey. Ian is now sober as he went under treatment in rehab. He met Harper who have being helping him cope with every day life. Here was a situation where Casey blackmailed Amanda which she then told the world that she and Liam had a contract with their relationship. People where shocked which put a downer in the next m
Thea
This was a drama packed sequel in comparasion to HDU...and I loved it completely. Liam and Amanda were so cute (even if they were apart), Connor was a diva, Casey was a conniving little devil, Ian and Harper were a good support system, and I loved it all. The stalkeraazi in the green baseball hat was a hilarious twist. Even if he did ruin a lot of things for Liam, he was so great in the story line. The author really kept me guessing with him. The ending wrapped everything up nicely and I feel li ...more
Nikki
This book had so much drama and complications I could not stop reading...

description

The second book follows Amanda trying to get revenge on Casey Mulreed after what she did to Ian. And no matter how hard she tried Casey always had the upper hand. Casey was one conniving brat!

In turn Amanda's relationship with Liam became more difficult because Casey kept attacking Amanda which in turn affected Liam's career.

It has so many twists and turns that i could not keep up.

Wished there was an Epilogue, where we g
Mandie Kok
Compared to HDU, Dirt was a massive disappointment. Most of the characters are back, but instead of diving even deeper into a deliciously evil revenge fantasy based in the entertainment and tabloid world, in Dirt the action is toned down considerably. No evil Megan figure, no seductive British actor to throw a spanner in the works; just Amanda and Liam, halfheartedly battling against ambitious Casey and a crazy director, while newly dull Ian sips Kombucha and lives off vegetarian meals while try ...more
Elb4966
This novel does not live up to its predecessor. The conflict introduced in this novel did not deserve a whole book to resolve and was unbelievable b/c the Amanda was portrayed as smart in the 1st novel and there is no way she would trust someone who betrayed her, her friend and whom she was warned about from someone proven trustworthy. After I read the first 3 chapters, I skipped to the last one to read the conclusion and I easily followed the story (it was that predictable).
Lorraine Strosnider
A-ma-zing

I thought this was awesome. although one quick suggestion, you could have put how Ian and Harper met. Plus you could have made like had gemma from hidden gem with The Court maybe hire Amanda and have the that whole huge gang together like Gavin zoe Leah Kate etc. consider this plz!! otherwise I loooved it!! it is like totally on my upper list of books which means it's one of my faves.
Mireille
This was more straight-forward than the first one in the sense that it was the second-hand embarassment cringe story I was expecting in the first one. (view spoiler)

I was still super into it, but mostly because I had loved the first one so much, I think. Casey's evilness and Connor's disapproval were a bit over-the-top as obstacles. And
Margaret
There was drama right until the end and it would have been nice to have read a longer ending where everything was all settled with no more drama. Also, it seemed that the ending was a little rushed... And where was Liam?? There was a huge portion of the book where it felt like he was missing.
Magie
The best kind of guilty pleasure read. I got so sucked into Amanda's story that putting down the first book and this one to resume normal life tasks was hard. It's a lite ridiculous and self indulgent but in some of the best ways. I wouldn't be mad if some where down the line India wrote a third novel.
Kristi
Every bit as fun as the first book and perhaps a bit more so. I still really loved Amanda. Kind of a guilty pleasure book, but a fun one. Again, it was a little predictable but I didn't mind.
Catherine
Hollywood drama is very, very annoying and stupid at times, but the romance in this novel was sooo adorable!
 Soph - Lock&Key
The drama was again a lot, but I will admit that I liked this a lot more.

More like 2.75 / 5.
Andy
This was a bit funny. Lol. Hahhahahaha. I love it. :-))
Ashleigh
I thoroughly enjoyed emerging myself in the HDU series & have found myself at the end, unfortunately.

The drama really picks up in the 2nd book with bombshell after bombshell. My love for Liam & Amanda's relationship was growing even more in the sequel; especially during their witty banter (ie. at the grocery store).

The blog posts were, once again, a wonderful addition.

I'm hoping for more in this series; but it ended off with a New Years celebration with Liam, which perfectly ended the tw
Pehel
3.5 Stars!
Maree
4 solid stars for the second book in HDU novel by India Lee.
I read a lot of comments that said that it wasn't as good as the first book, but actually reading it was a solid trama, I wanted though, see grew up this story, because, yeah, we got the drama, but I think the characters need to grew up more, in their personal lives. For me this seems like it doesn't end here.

Big cheers for LIAMANDA!!!!! I so love how their relationship grew, that was a precious description.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
India Lee did it again, people. This book was just as astounding as the last. I simply couldn't stop reading; Amanda's story had me hooked. All I can say is, if Lee writes another HDU book, I will be ON that. Like flies on crap.

Maybe that wasn't the best comparison. But anyway.

Five fully earned stars.
Laplumedelyla
It was AWESOME! But the end leaves me hungry for more - not the bad kind of hungry for more lol - just THE I need more Liamanda, more Ian and more Connor kind! India Lee if you read this, you know what i'm hinting to ;)
ewa
I love this two books! Great writing, interesting storyline, totally lovable characters and so much much more, really there are no words to describe how awesome this book is.
Miriam
The drama really picks up. It's entertaining, frustrating, romantic, and most importantly unique.

Brody and Nathan's love story is strong and romantic.

The book was great!
SOAR HIGH NEWBIE
What the heck happened? I was so frustrated reading this! I practically forced myself to finish it. The only thing I liked here is Liam's loyalty to amanda.
  • Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)
  • The Accidental TV Star
  • Moving Forward (Moving Neutral, #3)
  • A Happy Accident
  • Falling for My Boss
  • Why Romeo Hates Juliet
  • Strung (Seaside, #0.5)
  • Forcing Gravity (Forcing Gravity, #1)
  • Summer Swing (Living the Game, #1)
  • Road Tripping
  • Unscripted
  • Finally, Forever (First Comes Love, #3)
  • Friday Night Alibi
  • Secret Life
  • That Night with My Boss
  • Fighting
  • State of Grace (Resurrection #1)
  • A is for Abstinence (V is for Virgin #2)
India Lee is an author of young adult and women’s fiction themed in the world of media and entertainment.

She is a lover of fashion, entertainment, shoes, good food, coffee, jetsetting, mild debauchery, and dogs. Her city home bodes well for most of these things but she could use a little more space for her wardrobe and pets.
More about India Lee...

HDU (2 books)
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
Hidden Gem (Hidden Gem, #1) HDU (HDU, #1) Diamond in the Rough (Hidden Gem, #2) No Stone Unturned (Hidden Gem, #3) Every Pearl Has Its Oyster (Hidden Gem, #4)