Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures

Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Unknown Binding, 124 pages
Published January 1st 1976 by Rand McNally & Company

To ask other readers questions about Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures

Emma
Daniel
When I was much younger I found a well-read book at the library called Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures. There were stories in here that really scared the bejeesus out of me. Especially "the Patchwork Monkey" that story fed my nightmares for years. Unfortunately the book is out of print now so it's hard to get your hands on. If you get the chance give it a read(of course the years may have taken off some of the bite.)
Melody
When a book can captivate (and scare) you so much that you remember the stories and see the pictures in your mind 25 years later, you know it's a awesome book. I checked this book out almost every week from the school library. I wish I could find a reasonably priced copy to share with my neice and nephew. The Patchwork Monkey still freaks me out!!
Lori
I randomly checked this out as a kid and it was the scariest book I have ever read (not in a good fun way either) I still get chills when I think of some of the stories. "Whatever you do, do not read "the Patchwork Monkey"
Brenna
Great kid's horror book. Still terrified of the Patchwork Monkey!
Tanya Spackman
I loved this book when I was a kid! I checked it out of the library probably 20 times (I can still picture where it was shelved). It has several deliciously creepy stories. It's long since out of print, which is a shame because kids from all generations should be totally freaked out by The Patchwork Monkey and The Basilisk. (The Patchwork Monkey can be read online here: http://the-haunted-closet.blogspot.co...)
Thom
Basilisks, skunk apes, and gray tentacled things with shapeless, rubbery mouths.

Bought at a remaindered book store while on vacation many years ago. I still have my copy, though it is completely falling apart.

Good, eerie stories, peppered with great evocative color illustrations. I know that I'll be handing this off to my kids some day.
Lucy
May 26, 2012 Lucy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: horror
My younger brother received this book as a Christmas gift when we were kids. He didn't want it, so I traded him one of my gifts for it. I can honestly say that "The Patchwork Monkey" was the first story I've ever read that scared me! I remember it to this day. If you've never read this book...find a copy at your local library!
Martha
I liked some of the stories, and tolerated others, but I never did make it through Patchwork Monkey....
Lean
Aug 02, 2011 Lean added it
good to read & and i still don't get it why sh*t sites don't wanna let the story publish?
Bret Pehrson
Nice and scary! Read in 5th grade; The Patchwork Monkey kept me up at nights!
Georgie
Georgie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Elaine Macpherson
Elaine Macpherson marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Callum Dawson
Callum Dawson marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Tish
Tish added it
May 31, 2014
Dustin
Dustin added it
Apr 15, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Thom
Thom added it
Mar 09, 2014
Charnae
Charnae marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Redri9hthand
Redri9hthand marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
James
James marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Doc Bedlam
Doc Bedlam marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Papallion Sunspell
Papallion Sunspell marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
seen this book 1 8 Mar 16, 2009 06:00PM
The Sleepytime Book Whales My Little Book of Cats My Little Book Of Dinosaurs ( A Merrigold Press Tell A Tale Book) The Time to Sleep Book