Her Ex Next Door

Her Ex Next Door

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Ginny hasn’t told anyone about her brief marriage nine years ago -- not even her new fiancé. But sometimes what happens in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas.

Ginny is planning to get married in six weeks, but then her ex-husband Derek shows up. Derek has always been trouble -- too smart, too sexy, too unreliable. Ginny wants nothing to do with him, but now he’s rich, and he has m...more
Kindle Edition, (new cover)
Published 2012

K. Holt
Darling, Fun, Sweet (wholesome) Romance

I LOVED reading HER EX NEXT DOOR by Beverly Farr. I adore the theme of Second Chances...and it was so fun watching Ginny and Derek rediscover each other, address the hurts and challenges of their pasts, and realize the love they have for each other hadn't been a youthful mistake and hadn't ended with their divorce decree.

Secondary characters, snarky and sparkly dialogue, plot twists, and fully contemporary circumstances make this read delightful. Highly rec...more
Angela Barry
Her Ex Next Door intrigued me and I decided to check it out for a change of pace. The tale could easily get bogged down in bitterness but it does not. It is a lovely, fun read that is like a summer popcorn movie: You will get it, read it, enjoy it, and feel it is money well spent, but the details might not stick with you. This isn't a bad thing, it is a fun read and easy to get into. It's an excellent choice for when you've been feeling blue or had a blah day and need a pick-me-up sort of story...more
Kathy
I liked this one. I thought it was a fun story and I liked Ginny and Derek. Nine years ago they had a whirlwind marriage, lasted only a few months. Now Ginny is about to get remarried when she finds out that Derek has moved in next door (to her mom). Seeing one another has brought back all their feelings. Ginny has had very poor examples of marriage and never really had any support from her mom or her many step-dads. She learned to guard her heart and had little trust in men. Derek tried to put...more
Cici
Cute and fun! I really enjoy this author. She has great creativity. I love the way she finds a romance in interesting stituations.
Christy Olesen
An enjoyable book with realistic characters. I tend to avoid stories about wealthy socialites and their type, so I was pleasantly surprised, when I won a copy of this book, by the depth of the main characters and the conflict they had to work through. There is good tension between the hero and heroine in this sweet romance. I will look for more from Beverly Farr.
Negar Arvanaghi
I HATE MIRANDA. I felt so bad for Ginny, going all this time without love. She should have been able to talk things over with someone. I was so pleased that Derek didn't give up on her, and did a full-court press to get her back. I also liked that both accepted responsibility for their breakup. I LOVED that epilogue.

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Adrienne van der Watt
Do you ever forget your first love?

Beverly Farr puts that question to the test in this sweet quick read. I enjoyed it so much I gobbled up the words in one sitting!
Jessicaz
A good read, that make you think about your first love and all of the times you may have taken them for granted.. I enjoyed this book and was happy with the ending.
Cici
Fun! I really enjoyed the premise and plot line. Some predictable. But very enjoyable! The emotional fleshing out of the characters is well done.
Ryneil Almario
Light romance but definitely captures the audience. I give it a 7/10 :)
Leslie
sassy and sweet.enjoyed reading this one.
Manju
I liked it. It has its fun moments. I enjoyed it.
Farzana rahmann
Great quick read over it!!!
Jaykey
3.5 - a cute, fast read.
Mascli
Mascli added it
Jul 21, 2014
Fatema Chowdhury
Fatema Chowdhury marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Happily-ever-after is my drug of choice. Not that I won’t read or watch a sad story (now and then), but I crave happy endings. I love Jane Austen, Cinderella stories, and 1930s screwball comedies. (Think An AFFAIR TO REMEMBER or WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING). Since real life has a way of being tough enough, I write sweet, quirky contemporary romances to take the edge off.

What you will find in my storie...more
More about Beverly Farr...
Forgotten Honeymoon (Summer Wedding, #1) Baby Comes First More Than Friends Dreaming of the Boss (Romantic Short Story) The M Word (Summer Wedding, #2)