Start by marking “The Life Of A Children's Troubadour” as Want to Read:
The Life Of A Children's Troubadour

The Life Of A Children's Troubadour

Get to know the man whose music made him a friend to millions of children and their families -- Raffi, one of North America's most beloved and celebrated children's entertainers.
Hardcover
Published November 1st 1998 by Homeland Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Life Of A Children's Troubadour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life Of A Children's Troubadour

Kevin Hoag
Sep 17, 2016 Kevin Hoag rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
There was much to love about this book, as his music filled our home for many years. In the end just a bit too much of the day-to-day detail, but I certainly appreciated learning of his own growth over the years, and his unfailing hope for the children.
Sharon
Aug 20, 2011 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I'm a biased reviewer...I happen to love Raffi from my days of Early Childhood Education in my undergraduate studies. And now my daughter loves him too. So I was fascinated to read his life story. He gets a little preachy with his environmental stance, but I didn't mind it, because I like him. It actually opened my mind to varying perspectives and causes. He also ties in his life's journey with a lot of psychological learning and self-examination, so I loved that part too. He is very much into ...more
Polly
Nov 23, 2010 Polly rated it liked it
I love Raffi. I have since I was three. And obviously I had good taste, even then, because he's obviously a great guy (or a really good liar, but that's admirable in its way, too). I do so like nice people with pure hearts, and especially when they're Canadians with interesting lives.

Actually, one might get the impression that all I like reading about are nice people, from my recent autobiography reviews, but that's not true. I've read a lot of memoirs of losers and lice--nothing beats the popu
Julie
Sep 01, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
Not particularly well written and not always particularly interesting, but nevertheless an enjoyable read on the life and thoughts of someone whose music I grew up listening to and have now rediscovered with my toddler. The parts I found most interesting were: his coming to terms with the success of his children's music at the expense of his own dream to be a folk songwriter; his commitment to children and education, and the efforts he took to keep his work out of the commercial world; the ...more
Magda
Dec 31, 2011 Magda rated it liked it
Very interesting to read the biography of someone I grew up enjoying, and now my son is enjoying. The earlier portions were fascinating, and the middle portion was new (and a little weird, with his leaving the Armenian church and going into yoga and other things like that), while the latter portion made me think in a way that I haven't since my father and I would talk about his spiritual heritage, what he wanted to leave behind.

I hope a little bit of this will make me a better parent.
H
Aug 05, 2015 H rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
Long-time Raffi fan (beluga grad I believe I'm called?). This was a very interesting read. It got bogged down toward the end with Raffi's foray into environmentalism, the reader didn't necessarily need to know about each book he read that meant something to him, but I really enjoyed the childhood memories and the story about how he became Canada's foremost children's entertainer.
Lester
May 03, 2014 Lester rated it it was ok
The story started off interesting, and about halfway through the book I found it dragged on somewhat.
Raffi is one of my 'favourite' people..and has had an amazing life.
Jack Norton
Jack Norton rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2008
Cheryl Anne
Cheryl Anne rated it liked it
May 06, 2013
Ryan Kleeberger
Ryan Kleeberger rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Mariska
Mariska rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Suzanna Contreras
Suzanna Contreras rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Rebecca Reece
Rebecca Reece rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Violet
Violet rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2009
Marla Tee
Marla Tee rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Tia Radant
Tia Radant rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2009
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2013
Bobbi
Jan 03, 2016 Bobbi rated it really liked it
Very readable and interesting.
Chris Hoag
Chris Hoag rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Ruth Blayney
Ruth Blayney rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Daisy
Daisy rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Whitney
Whitney rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2014
Bonny
Bonny rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2008
Marie Summers
Marie Summers rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2010
Angela Brown
Angela Brown rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2014