Start by marking “The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  9,532 ratings  ·  1,471 reviews
Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her crea
Hardcover, US, 393 pages
Published April 15th 2014 by Harlequin Teen (first published February 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Forever Song, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Esmeralda
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
31st out of 2,642 books — 15,828 voters
YA Novels of 2014
29th out of 1,505 books — 8,177 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
**Spoilers for book 2, minor spoilers for book 3**
“Say you love me, vampire girl,” he whispered, his voice low and husky. “Tell me...that this is forever.”
“I love you,” I said immediately. “And if we have forever, there’s no one else I want to spend it with.”
That sad, sad moment when your favorite YA vampire series turns into a soap opera.

This book broke my heart in a way that hasn't happened since Ginny x Harry. I absolutely loved the previous books in this series, despite the main character'
Lucille
AFTER READING: I need a hug. I need lots of hugs. I can't believe it's over now. The ending was beautiful and bittersweet. I cannot wait to fangirl with you all.

Allison, Zeke, Jackal, and Kanin... You will be missed. I cried so much. I will reread this series every time I'm sad, I swear.

****************

Updated: 2014 April 9th, less than a week before the release!! Who's excited?? I know I am!

The door loomed dead ahead, and I didn't stop. I didn't pause to reconsider my plan. Whether I was wal
Emily May
"So, this is me, all of me, forever. No more looking back. No more regrets. From now on, vampire girl--" he lowered his head, brushing his lips across my skin "--I'm all yours."

I promise no spoilers for this book but it would be impossible to review The Forever Song without giving away some things from the previous books. In my opinion, this final installment is the weakest. I thought the second book was a hard one to follow, so maybe that fact contributed, but I would have very few good thing
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
After reading:

NOOOO IT'S OVER, NOOOOOOoooo.

Well, I am sad to see this series come to an end. I really enjoyed it.

The Forever Song is a good conclusion to the trilogy, over all––as thrilling, action-packed, and emotional as the two books that preceded it. There were a few things that didn't quite work for me, and I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the ending ... But over all, it was worth the wait.

Full review coming soon!

Before reading:

The Forever Song?

THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS, Y
Calla
Jun 11, 2013 Calla marked it as to-read
Oh the title is perfect... *sigh*

Zeke baby! And Allison, you gorgeous badass. I love you too much to wait.

I. Just. Can't.

Ms. Kagawa I believe you are trying to kill me, but I love you anyway because you're so crazy awesome.

But dammit I NEED THAT BOOK MISSY!!!!!!!!!

Lisa RC
Jan 24, 2014 Lisa RC marked it as to-read
January 2014 Update
That cover... a little too girly for me. Anyone else see the infinity sign the birds make? HAHA. GET IT? FOREVER made by birds = song. Cool stuff.

The Forever Song
I can't help but think:
Crazy Sarren thinks song = scream. So forever song = everlasting torture.
But then again, the title is so darn beautiful, I'm crying just reading it.

Let's start with why I love this series:
Everytime I read a Blood of Eden novel, all I think is grey. The setting is so dark and dreary and
Faye, la Patata
RANT AHEAD

As much as I liked this series as a whole, I could not be any happier that Allison's whining has ended. I know that looks very, very weird on paper, but if you read the books from start to finish, you should know thatangst is pretty much the main character's trademark. You cannot have the nameAllison Sekemoto without angst attached to it like an octopus with its brutal eight-tentacled crush (thank you, Khanh). They go together, hand-in-hand, never without the other.

But seriously, a
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
I just finished this and...I feel numb. I can't believe its all actually over. The story has come to an end.

But what a wonderful end it was.

This series...oh man. I can't properly express my feelings for it. Just saying that I loved it isn't enough. It felt like this story reached into me and tore out my heart, patched it back together, tore it out all over again, and just kept repeating. But in the end, it left me feeling satisfied, even though we still lost a lot.

I'm unable to write anything el
Abbie
4.5 “Now, can we please move past this and get on with saving the world?” stars
This is it. The end of Blood of Eden. The end of Allie. Kanin. Zeke. Jackal.
I put this off for so long, because I knew, I knew. There would be no more. And now, I can’t take it back. Pretty please can I unread this? ;_;

Allie has lost the love of her life, Zeke. He was taken, and brutally murdered. Allie is out for revenge for his captor, but this isn't her greatest worry. Sarren has a mutated version of red lung. It
Hannah (The Curiouser & Curiouser)
Updated 5/17/14.

One word.

Jackal.

I just freakin’ love Jackal.

Honestly, the only, only reason I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars was because of Jackal and (somewhat) Kanin. And the fact that Sarren finally, finally dies in the best possible way.

Case in point (via the amazing Jackal):

“Oh, isn’t that sweet,” came Jackal’s loud, mocking voice… “Let’s make goo-goo eyes at each other in the middle of a stinking corpse field, how very romantic.”

“Go ahead, tell him that everything is going to be fine.
Ferdy
Spoilers

An unremarkable end to an unremarkable series.

-The Forever Song mostly consisted of Allison walking, snarling, feeling sorry for herself, baring her fangs, making cheesy promises of revenge, and inner monologuing… And the rest of the story was made up of generic fight scenes.

-I hated Allison's character, she was such a crappy heroine. It pissed me off how her whole world revolved around a guy. She lost all her morals and turned into a heartless cow all because she thought she lost her l
Mags~CVAddikt~Your shock-wave whisper has sealed your fate
I loved it!!!!!

************************

A title!!!

The Forever Song ... and that gives me the creeps ... all I can think about is Sarren saying

"I will make your little bird sing for and hour. Her song will seep into the very walls and will remain here forever, and everyone who hears it will know how much she wanted to die. The longer this goes on, the longer her music will last, until she is begging for it to end. But it will not end, as long as you are still alive."

And ....

"But perhaps a song
Anne
If you've been following these books, then I think you'll be happy with the final installment. It's a good solid ending to the Blood of Eden trilogy.

Warning: Spoilers for the previous books on the way!

It keeps the theme of the other books, in that vampires are not cuddly or misunderstood.
Allie has been struggling to keep her humanity throughout the first two books, and with the help of her mentor Kanin, she's managed to keep from sucking people dry. Of course, it helped that she was in love with
Melanie
Larissa and I discussion reviewed this on the blog. There are mild spoilers, but nothing that will ruin your enjoyment of the book: http://yamidnightreads.com/2014/04/di...

Quick rundown on...
What we didn't like:
- The angst between Zeke and Allison
- Zeke and Allison
- Boring, simple story line
- The Zeke Twist and how quickly the twist was resolved
- The romance. There was no chemistry.
What we did like:
- Jackal
- Kanin
- Kagawa's writing skills
- The gore and gritty details
- The satisfactory ending
Hermione
4 stars. A great, albeit bittersweet ending to a fantastic series ... But I do think this last book certainly didn't live up to the potential of its predecessors.
_______
(view spoiler)
Rachel
Sep 15, 2013 Rachel marked it as to-read
reaction after reading excerpt at back of Iron Traitor

I'm very hungry... for this book.

Spoiler alert for The Eternity cure:

Just finished re-reading the end of The Eternity Cure. The amazing ending that leaves so much sorrow, so much emotion. Does anyone else predict that Sarren was horrible enough to turn Zeke into a vampire?
Erica Ravenclaw

I'm really going 3.5 here but rounded up because I feel like it. YOU DON'T OWN ME GOODREADS.
EDIT: Changed rating down half a star, it's been a few days and it's just more accurate.

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

*I received this book in exchange for a review*

photo anigif_enhanced-8656-1394726651-2_zpse89c0ff5.gif

The Forever Song is a closing chapter on a much loved series Blood of Eden, I was a little late to the party for this author and walked into it blind but boy am I happy to be here. I do not necessarily love the first two inst
Reading Teen (Andye)
Such an epic conclusion to an amazingly exciting series.

"My sword flashed, and he screamed as the gun hit the pavement along with both his arms."

Julie starts The Forever Song off with a bang and doesn't let up until it's over. This book is seriously gory!! It's also full of adventure, humor, love, heart-warming moments, and heart-BREAKING moments.

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS!!

I have to say, I was VERY concerned for Allison in the beginning of this book. After wh
AH
Initial Thoughts: What a most excellent way to end a series. Absolutely fantastic. Action-packed, bloody, sometimes horrific, exciting. Allison has certainly come a long way and she is one kickass heroine. These are some freaky scary vampires - they definitely do not sparkle. If you haven't yet started this series, what are you waiting for? Full review to come closer to release date.

The Review:
Wow. That was awesome. Book 3 of Julie Kagawa’s Blood of Eden series begins two weeks after the last bo
August
Lalalaaa, can't wait to read the 3rd book!^^
Suddenly..

Wait, wait...

2014 APRIL 29TH??!!?!???!?!?!!

Try not to cry.. try not to cry.... BUT

HOW AM I GONNA SURVIVE??!!!
Kristalia
Final rating: /

“You know it’s the end of the world when Jackal starts making sense,” he whispered. “It’s...pretty bad when the egotistical murdering vampire has to set you straight. I guess I had that kick in the head coming for a while. At least Jackal is good for something.”

You know something is wrong when my favorite character in this book is Jackal. To be honest, I couldn't wait to read this book at first, but now, after i read it, i felt even more disappointed.

The biggest problem I had
Bonnie
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
I received this book free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Another series ender that has unfortunately ended in disappointment for me this year. I found The Forever Song to be, for the most part, incredibly lacking in any sort of plot progress. Basically, there was walking, walking, then they’d fight some rabids, walking, walking, oooh let’s stop to feed on some humans, fight some mor
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
If I could explain THE FOREVER SONG in one word it would be bittersweet. While I have to admit I found some parts lacking the usual fire of Kagawa’s other works, the last hundred pages really impressed me, reminding me how great these books really are.

I was actually pretty nervous when I first started reading this one, if THE IMMORTAL RULES and THE ETERNITY CURE taught us anything, it’s that Kagawa does not shy away from (ripping our hearts out) traumatic plot-lines and the fact that anything go
Rose
Pre-read: The cover colors...they are pretty. =)

Looking forward to this one just the same. Hard to believe this is the last of the three.

Post-read: Review to come. Nice ending to an interesting series, probably one of the more interesting vampire series I've read in this genre. There were just as many moments that were fun in this book as there were harrowing (and maybe on the angst ridden side), but it was still cool.

Full review:

Julie Kagawa's "The Forever Song" was - collectively speaking - a
Manda
Update 4/20:
I don't know whether to be curled up in a fetal position or dancing across the floor. I feel that this is exactly how this series needed to end, and honestly, I loved it. But at the same time... It's over, and I feel this hollowness inside me. And I'm emotionally drained.

I'm such a book addict.

That dedication page: "And to my readers. Your tears feed my muse."

Julie Kagawa, I hope my tears fed you well.

Update 2/1:

I can't handle this anymore.

A few months ago I got The Iron Traitor with
Sophia Sardothien
This book is an amazing conclusion to the beautiful trilogy :) though I can't say I like this one the best out of all but it is definitely phenomenal :D highly recommend trilogy (:
Elena
Jan 26, 2014 Elena marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-could-die-for
I love this cover. So beautiful!

I NEED THIS BOOK NOW
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

and... I NEED ZEKE IN MY LIFE
Irma!!!
Ooohh!! I like the cover and now we have a synopsis too!! Cant wait!! For some reason I find this title really creepy, sounds like something Sarren would say. I really can't wait for this book, Eternity Cure had the worst cliffhanger.
Giselle at Book Nerd Canada
Allison is determined to avenge her boyfriend Zeke's death by hunting down the one vampire who destroyed him, Sarrin. With her Master Sire Kanin and blood brother Jackal they search for the evil vampire so they can save every human and vampire from his wrath. Will they be able to save everyone? Will Allison lose her humanity trying to seek revenge for her loss?

Allison's internal struggles of being a demon is evident in The Forever Song. Her cries of savagery and cold blooded murder is a far cry
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa - Restarting June 11th 2015 62 103 Jun 23, 2015 12:09AM
David Estes Fans ...: The Forever Song Buddy Read 27 21 Apr 14, 2015 02:54PM
The Blood of Eden: Were you shocked at all??? 6 17 Apr 12, 2015 03:21AM
YA Book Gang!!: The Blood of Eden series *spoilers* 1 9 Feb 18, 2015 07:48AM
Zeke's letter to Allie? 5 43 Feb 05, 2015 12:26AM
Anyone else underwhelmed by this series? 7 29 Jan 30, 2015 09:50AM
Zeke, Sarren or Jackal??? 1 21 Jan 18, 2015 04:03PM
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands #3)
  • Countdown
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)
  • The Lair (The Farm, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • Moonset (Legacy of Moonset, #1)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • Inhuman (Fetch, #1)

Blood of Eden (3 books)
  • The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

“This would be so much easier if [Allie] hadn't killed the jeep."
"For the last time," I growled at [Jackal]. "I just pointed out the street that wasn't blocked off. I didn't leave those nails on the road for you to drive over.”
69 likes
“I am proud of you, Allison Sekemoto,” he whispered as he drew back. “Whatever you decide, whatever path you choose to take, I hope that you will remain the same girl I met that night in the rain. The one decision for which I have no regrets.” 60 likes