Start by marking “Alan Moore and the Gothic Tradition” as Want to Read:
Alan Moore and the Gothic Tradition

Alan Moore and the Gothic Tradition

The first book-length study to address Moore's significance to the Gothic, this volume is also the first to provide in-depth analyses of his spoken-word performances, poetry and prose, as well as his comics and graphic novels.

The essays collected here identify the Gothic tradition as perhaps the most significant cultural context for understanding Moore's work, providing u
Published September 3rd 2013 by Manchester University Press

To ask other readers questions about Alan Moore and the Gothic Tradition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alan Moore and the Gothic Tradition

Mel
First of all I must admit that modern literary criticism (unless they are books about historical Chinese literature) are my least favourite kind of academic books. I find their style awkward, their vocabulary annoying and that they often entirely miss the point. So I am not the intended audience of this book. Alan Moore is probably my favourite living author though and when I heard that an academic selection of essays had been written about his work I really wanted to read it.

I was interested t
Guillaume
Guillaume rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
M Aghazarian
M Aghazarian marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
RB
RB is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2016
Emma Stocker
Emma Stocker marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Ana Erakovic
Ana Erakovic marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Dr. Matthew J.A. Green is an Associate Professor in English Literature at the University of Nottingham, England.

Dr Green holds a PhD from the University of Leeds and a BA from the University of British Columbia.

His overarching interests concern cultural inheritance and the place of literature and art within the wider community. Dr Green passionately believes that literature and related arts make
More about Matthew J.A. Green...