Start by marking “China Bayles' Book of Days” as Want to Read:
China Bayles' Book of Days

China Bayles' Book of Days (China Bayles)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  188 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Readers of the China Bayles mystery novels are familiar with the usefulness and wonder of the many herbs the amateur sleuth sells in her beloved Thyme and Seasons shop. Compiled by national bestselling author Susan Wittig Albert at the request of her fans, China Bayles' Book of Days gathers together tidbits and treasures about plants and reveals ways you can put more green ...more
Published October 3rd 2006 by Berkley (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about China Bayles' Book of Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about China Bayles' Book of Days

Lisa
Jan 24, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have this e-book on my smartphone. It is very handy there because I can refer to it for the herbal recipes while shopping. Every day of the year is listed and I especially like Jan. 10 for the soothing facial mask for dry skin (although the recipe calls for powdered marigolds, hard to find this time of year).
Marie
May 02, 2014 Marie rated it it was amazing
Gift this book to those who enjoy herbal recipes and remedies, and anyone who is a serious gardener. Delightful, as always, by Albert.
Jan
Dec 22, 2014 Jan rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-on-kindle
A book to dip into rather than read all the way through. A calendar, with details of herbs, recipes, and herb stories for each day.
Lisa
Aug 31, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it
This book has an entry for each day of the year with herb lore, recipes, traditional medicinal uses, and other interesting information about herbs. I read it with a stack of post-it notes and now it looks like it's growing little pink tags on the many pages where I want to go back to copy a recipe or review information. Recommended for those who are interested in a nonfanatic introduction to herbs and for fans of the China Bayles mystery series.
Sallee
Sep 08, 2012 Sallee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I love Susan Wittag Albert's books. The China Bayles series is a great series and for those who are into herbs and those who are interested, it gives education about different plants. Her book of days is delightful with all kinds of herbal lore.
Debbie
Jan 21, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it
fun, fun book. of course, i love all of her mystery books and am totally enjoying this book. i'm also planning what herbs i'll grow this season and this is a fun book to plan with.
Nancy
Feb 07, 2010 Nancy rated it liked it
Since I love all Albert's books, this one occupies a space on my bookshelves and in my heart. Lots of wonderful herbal lore and suggestions for use.
Laurie
May 02, 2010 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I love her China Bayle mysteries and love this one too. Sorta like a farmers almanac. Lots of good gardening and herbal lore.
Moira
Mar 31, 2008 Moira rated it it was amazing
I use this book almost daily - it is on my night table and I have a look at the next day's entry every night before going to bed.
Sandra
Aug 15, 2012 Sandra rated it liked it
As daybooks go this was mediocre. As herbal go, it was even less appealing, less helpful.
Chris Babcock
Jan 28, 2011 Chris Babcock rated it liked it
Like a diary... I read it one day at a time and enjoyed thinking about the day's thought.
Kim j
Feb 25, 2012 Kim j rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wittig-albert
Another excellent book all about herbs & her passion. Great book, brings China to life.
Deb
Nov 02, 2007 Deb rated it really liked it
A good non fiction offering while waiting for the newest China Bayles mystery.
Lindy
Sep 25, 2010 Lindy rated it it was amazing
I love this book - keep it by my computer and look at each day.
Jenny's Book Life
Jenny's Book Life marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Tre Averill
Tre Averill rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Maria Alau
Maria Alau marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Amy Linquist
Amy Linquist marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Chandra
Chandra marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Sue Hokansonsoukayeaol.com
Sue Hokansonsoukayeaol.com rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman
Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kathy Mackey
Kathy Mackey rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Robert
Robert added it
Jan 18, 2016
Genevieve
Genevieve marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
  • The Herbalist's Way: The Art and Practice of Healing with Plant Medicines
  • Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal: A Guide to Living Life with Energy, Health, and Vitality
  • The Herbal Drugstore: The Best Natural Alternatives to Over-The-Counter and Prescription Medicines!
  • A Modern Herbal, Vol. II
  • A Victorian Flower Dictionary: The Language of Flowers Companion
  • Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease
  • Healing Wise (Wise Woman Herbal Series)
  • The Goddess is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch
  • Designing the New Kitchen Garden: An American Potager Handbook
  • Botany in a Day: Thomas J. Elpel's Herbal Field Guide to Plant Families
  • Easy Growing: Organic Herbs and Edible Flowers from Small Spaces
  • The Way of Herbs
  • The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control: A Complete Problem-Solving Guide to Keeping Your Garden and Yard Healthy Without Chemicals
  • Vegetable Gardening for Dummies?
  • Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent
  • A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
  • The Bloodless Revolution: A Cultural History of Vegetarianism from 1600 to Modern Times
  • The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting & Pruning Techniques
20828
Susan is the author/co-author of biographical/historical fiction, mysteries, and nonfiction.

LOVING ELEANOR: A novel about the intimate 30-year friendship of Eleanor Roosevelt and Lorena Hickok, based on their letters

A WILDER ROSE: the true story of Rose Wilder Lane, who transformed her mother from a farm wife and occasional writer to a literary icon

BITTERSWEET,#23 in the China Bayles series

THE DAR
More about Susan Wittig Albert...

China Bayles (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Thyme of Death (China Bayles, #1)
  • Witches' Bane (China Bayles, #2)
  • Hangman's Root (China Bayles, #3)
  • Rosemary Remembered (China Bayles, #4)
  • Rueful Death (China Bayles, #5)
  • Love Lies Bleeding (China Bayles, #6)
  • Chile Death (China Bayles, #7)
  • Lavender Lies (China Bayles, #8)
  • Mistletoe Man (China Bayles, #9)
  • Bloodroot (China Bayles, #10)