Start by marking “Isle of Mystery: Eyes of The King (Salty Splashes Collection #2)” as Want to Read:
Isle of Mystery: Eyes of The King (Salty Splashes Collection #2)

Isle of Mystery: Eyes of The King (Salty Splashes Collection #2)

Isle of Mystery is Book 2 in the debut, award-winning Salty Splashes Collection™ of illustrated juvenile fiction for kids 4-12+: a refreshingly new slant on classic cartoon stories. Isle of Mystery finds the cartoon cast washed up on a seemingly deserted island, welcomed by an old and eerie No Trespassing sign. Excited by adventure, they bravely set out to explore the isle ...more
Published November 1st 2013 by Balcony 7 Media and Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Isle of Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isle of Mystery

Julieanne O'Connor
Jan 28, 2014 Julieanne O'Connor rated it it was amazing
Not only a wonderful fun read, but also triggered all the senses. My daughter and I both loved this book as well as Dreamy Drums, Trouble In Paradise and Gansevort, The King and His Court.

Thank you for making reading a pleasure for us with your books!
Lloyd Russell
Aug 02, 2013 Lloyd Russell rated it it was amazing
A couple of weeks back, I posted on LinkedIn's Fiction Writer's Guild, of which I am a member (I swear I know that I don't write fiction - is a blogger even an author?), that I would be happy to read any author's ARC and post a review on this blog. Well, one of the people who responded was JZ (not Jay Z) Bingham. And she wanted me to read, of all things, 3 children's books that she wrote, part of her Salty Splashes Collection. I said sure. So, last week, I got in the mail 3 beautiful, ...more
Aug 01, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
In the second installment of the Salty Splashes Collection, Sammy, Kat and friends, have become marooned on an island with no idea what to do next.

Our explorers have come to a “Private Island, No Trespassing” sign and are scared on where to go. Finding a trail the friends encounter many new and creepy critters who are not very friendly. Knowing their parents and friends at home are searching for them, the crew continues investigating the mysterious island; being chased by bats, seeing flying sq
Holly Letson
I have to bring to attention that the almost-total lack of quotation marks and apostrophes in this made this really hard to read. It makes it hard to know when an animal in the book is talking, and when he is through talking as well. And, the fact that only a third or so of the contractions had apostrophes was really weird. Bad punctuation aside, it was a somewhat enjoyable story. But, that made it really hard to enjoy it.
-----------------
Our "Crew of Four" is still on the island. They are try
Ryan
Jun 05, 2013 Ryan rated it it was ok
Before the story begins the author talks about the Salty Splashes Collection. How these books are full of rhymes with a mix of easy and hard words that are fun to read with also growing their vocabulary. It also talks how colorful and detailed the illustrations are. The art is really good and detailed but not great. What really gets me is the way the story is written. There are rhymes but they have a staggered and lacking flow. Plus it is really wordy and overlong. It’s really more of a chapter ...more
Jennifer Lombardi
May 09, 2013 Jennifer Lombardi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This book was adorable. Not as good as the first on, but still cute. I liked that the animals showed teamwork as they tried to survive and came together as they were scared. The last few pages were the best because they were all together and laughing. I would read this to my class of young children.

The pictures were vibrant and seemed to pop right off the pages. Some of the animals were a little scary looking but all in all, it was a great book.

Review from my five year old son-"The bats were sc
Balcony 7 Media and Publishing
Isle of Mystery, Eyes of The King is book two in the Salty Splashes Cartoon Collection and finds the cast washed up on an island to begin another leg of their adventure. As the four friends explore their new surroundings, they learn how to get along in the wild. This lush, tropical backdrop lures them deeper into the island where they meet one eerie critter after another until they literally run into the scariest one of all, who ends up befriending them and saving the day.

Disclaimer: Isle of Mys
Cynthia Meyerhoff
Aug 05, 2013 Cynthia Meyerhoff rated it it was amazing
This book is from the Salty Splashes series which over all is a cut above
most children's books in style and quality. Beautifully illustrated and imaginatively written I hope to seeing more in the series in the near future.
Hillary Cullen
Aug 01, 2013 Hillary Cullen rated it it was amazing
I love these characters. They are so cute, funny, sweet. The kids the love the story - always an adventure which is great for them because they love to see how the story unfolds and they get excited with each page.
Mary
Oct 29, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
Thank you to Balcony 7 Media and Publishing and netgalley.com for allowing me early access to this title.

More fantastic adventure and illustrations. Excited for more!
Yasmin
Yasmin rated it it was amazing
Paul Day
Paul Day rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Wendy Kalpakoff
Wendy Kalpakoff rated it really liked it
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Poupak
Poupak rated it it was amazing
Ana Nunez
Ana Nunez rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Susan Sams
Susan Sams rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Michael Boyd
Michael Boyd rated it really liked it
David Cogswell
David Cogswell rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Gabby Flores
Sep 19, 2013 Gabby Flores rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book too. We love "wiggleworm. He is just adorable.
Marianne Aguiar
Marianne Aguiar rated it it was amazing
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Janice Spina
Janice Spina marked it as to-read
Sharyn Lyon
Sharyn Lyon marked it as to-read
Skye Kaitlin
Skye Kaitlin marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Jim Barstad
Jim Barstad marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
JZ Bingham is a published author of children and preteen titles, VP of Acquisitions and Editor-in-Chief of Balcony 7 Media and Publishing. She's formerly a financial writer with an extensive background as a Wall Street securities analyst. Originally from New York City.
More about J.Z. Bingham...

Salty Splashes Collection (4 books)
  • Dreamy Drums: Trouble In Paradise (Salty Splashes Collection #1)
  • Gansevort: The King and His Court (Salty Splashes Collection #3)
  • Channel Blue: Riders of the Storm (Salty Splashes Collection, #4)

“Before he got too far, he thought he smelled a fire.
No sooner did he blink before he sensed something dire.
He heard a sound and froze, danger tickling his nose.
His ears perked up as tiny cries of capture rose.”
4 likes