Start by marking “Legally Wed” as Want to Read:
Legally Wed

Legally Wed

Business professional Mia Lombard is faced with the ultimate test: marry her boss to save his employees’ jobs or risk losing her own job and much loved home. Max Dylan isn't exactly Frankenstein and when he discovers his UK work permit has expired, the wealthy American financier could call on any number of models or starlets to marry him so he can stay in the country. ...more
Published August 9th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Legally Wed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legally Wed

Sara
Oct 27, 2013 Sara rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Sara by: No One

This is a stupid, silly little girl fantasy novel written by someone who knows nothing about hedgies or finance. I stopped reading at page 175.

The author's claim to work in finance for over 20 years is without merit unless she's a secretary because no one serious in the industry would make up such adolescent nonsense.

Np. It's ironic that a highly acclaimed review was posted less than 24 hours after mine. It also emphasised 'believable' and the number of pages the book has after made a point to
Matu Nila
May 30, 2013 Matu Nila rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, amazon-free, 2013
Now this was a weird reading experience. I started this at night before going to sleep and I thought it was great. The story was a bit different from basic romance, the writing funny and witty and the characters nice.

I don't know whether I was really out of it in the night because the next day I picked this up, I couldn't understand what I saw in it the night before. Sure, the story was still a bit different from all other romance stories, even if you could tell by the 5th chapter exactly how it
Meghan
May 26, 2013 Meghan rated it liked it
Meh. Terrible writing, but a decent story. Would never have picked it up were it not a Kindle freebie.
Elsie
May 29, 2013 Elsie rated it it was ok
It was okay. Nothing great and the writing could have been better. But okay in a predictable, nothing-better-to-read-at-the-moment way. =)
Ashley
Jul 03, 2013 Ashley rated it it was ok
This story had promise, but it was so not well written. The writing seemed almost juvenile. Just average, to maybe below average. Which is why I'm glad it was free :)
Jill
May 24, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
Great beginning, great ending, got a little long in the middle so I skipped about 1/2 of the book through the middle.
Jenny - Book Sojourner
**Hmm, maybe closer to 2-1/2 stars**

Well, I liked the premise of the story, liked the characters, even liked the storyline. It was an enjoyable read on average, and I wanted to like it more, except I found myself skimming often once I passed around the 25% mark. My main problem was the author "telling not showing." I don't want to hear about their interactions, I want to read them and have feelings and perceptions about them myself. I don't want to hear about what they talked about and did, I wa
Melody Cox
Nov 03, 2016 Melody Cox rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I adore this genre of temporary engagements/marriages/agreements.

I just finished my second time through this book and enjoyed it more than the first time...and that is saying something. There is something about rereading a book you loved to begin with that gives you a chance to fully absorb the story, taking your time to soak it all in instead of rushing through because you are so excited to find out what happens.

An American citizen who is conducting business in the UK has
Tonileg
May 24, 2013 Tonileg rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, kindle
Contemporary office romance with an arranged marriage because of a work permit so the usual marriage-then-love plot which I'm a total sucker for. So Mia Lombard is English with strong Italian roots with a big family of four sisters she is the oldest and most professionally successful of the family. So she has been working for the American Max Dylan for the past five years so they are a great team at work. They've both had a little crush on each other, but have kept their pants on because they ...more
Chanpreet
May 03, 2013 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
I had this book on my wishlist and to be read list for a long time, and when I won a voucher from the author on a chicklit blog, I was ecstatic. Of course it took me a long time to actually get around to reading it, but once I got started, I didn't want to stop. I even delayed dinner by at least 90 minutes to make sure I finished the book before going to eat.

Now if you're looking for a serious book or one which gets every single technical nuance correct, then skip over this one. If you're lookin
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This book started out really good. Then… It dragged on and on. HUGE potential, and not bad. It was a good story. My only complaint is that I get irritated running through peoples work days…

Mia agrees to marry her american boss so he can stay in England & finish a huge business deal… The whole book is about planning, marrying, fixing her house, work etc. AND then the final "does he get to stay or not?"

I love reading English writers. They're always so funny. I am a grammar nazi, (even though m
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
May 28, 2013 Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl rated it it was amazing
Ever done this after finishing a book?
"Noooo don't finish!!"
I bet you all know that feeling, don't you? You get that engrossed in a book that when it ends you're fuming. You don't want it to end.
In this case, with legally wed I wanted to stay in the warmth love of Max and Mia Dylan and their gorgeous families :(

I'm not even writing a proper review. You've got the synopsis and you've got my honest word that this book is sensational.
You will be seriously trapped into a gorgeous love story with the
Melanie Tikalsky
Sep 13, 2013 Melanie Tikalsky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicklit
True gem of a book!
I really loved this book! It was fun, flirty, hysterical and emotional. The author did a fantastic job of creating characters that were real and that we could love. The characters were very well developed and easy to love. Max and Mia are fabulous and you become quickly engrossed in their story. The pages flow easily and the story draws you in keeping you wondering what will happen next.

Overall this book is very enjoyable and I will be looking for more from this author.
Gypsy In Pearls
Mar 23, 2014 Gypsy In Pearls rated it really liked it
This was a very cute story and quite the page turner. I enjoyed the fact that there was just the right mix of love, family, drama, and humor. The story had a much different twist on "arranged office marriage" than what one might have expected. My only complaint is thing's worked out too perfectly for Kia and Max, and they had no real mountains to overcome.
Susan
Oct 25, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Cute, almost a bit of a rerun of "The Proposal" but more creative in it's own right than simply a copycat story. Very cute. Surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it, solid 3 stars ...truly likeable story but not a significant amount of depth to the plot.
Staciel
Jul 10, 2014 Staciel rated it liked it

Read this one because the plot line is similar to the movie 'The Proposal'with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. And, well-- I like that movie :-)

Cute, light and predictable, but sometimes that's just what you need.

Oh, and just so you know-- there's quite a bit of sex in it, so....
Amy
Jul 26, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
For a free book, this was a good find - likeable characters and a well written (if a little unoriginal) plot made it an enjoyable read. Be a good holiday/aeroplane book.
Samantha Larkin
Oct 15, 2013 Samantha Larkin rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful read. I truly believe in the happily ever after. I loved Max and Mia and look forward to reading more from this author.
Susan
Jun 06, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Fun easy to read and interesting enough to capture your attention and keep it, overall there wasnt anything ad I could say about this book.
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Kellie
Kellie rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Laura Ballantyne
Laura Ballantyne rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2014
Lisa Rego
Lisa Rego rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2014
Lisa B
Lisa B rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Etienne
Etienne rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Sara Robinson
Sara Robinson rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Sofija Ćup
Sofija Ćup rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
  • Fatshionista
  • The Green Ticket
  • Working It Out
  • Tall, Dork and Handsome
  • Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
  • Hearts Afire
  • Hooked (Romance on the Edge, #2)
  • Billionaire on Board
  • Cut and Run (Aspen Eyes, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kiss
  • Right Moves (Playing With the Boys, #1)
  • Out on a Limb
  • Not His Type (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • From Now On