Remain (Knights of Amaranth, #1)

Remain (Knights of Amaranth #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Jace is an artist whose personal life took a back seat two years ago after he parted ways with an alcoholic ex-boyfriend. He has settled comfortably into his new life alone. He works mornings at the local coffee shop and evenings at an art gallery. His life is quiet, but that’s alright with Jace.

Until he meets Morgan. The man is intense, passionate and earnest to a fault....more
Published May 3rd 2013 by Rebel Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Remain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remain

Alex Akira
I very much enjoyed this adventurous, yet romantic tale of stepping through the fabric of one world into that of another, to chase after love. Entering the story, I was immediately captivated by Jace, a lonely, but determined young artist, who after a debilitating breakup with his lover two years earlier, is taking things one day at a time. Jace lives above a gallery which is home to some of his artwork, but manages a coffee shop to pay his bills. He’s a bit gun-shy on the romance, and as such h...more
Cynthia
To read my full review, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

Morgan, a traveling fae knight, chases an imp to Jace's world. The attraction between them is instant but they are ultimately from different worlds and must return to each their own. Jace accidentally follows Morgan to the fae realm and got tricked by the evil fae queen. Jace must keep himself alive in the queen's garden of wild beasts while Morgan finds a way to return him to his world.

Jace seems meek when he blindly f...more
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Remain
is the first book in Alex Jones’s very promising series, Knights of Amaranth. You all know I’m a huge lover of all things fantasy, so of course, I had to read this high fantasy gem. Remain is the story of a man who didn’t know he was lonely until he found someone who made him feel whole, then he almost lost the guy. This story takes Jace on an adventure into a new world alongside Morgan and his family and friends. It’s a fast paced, multi-faceted story of l...more
Jaya
SlashReaders: I have a soft spot for books that deal with faeries or things of this nature and so I bought this book on a spur of the moment decision. I'm happy to report that I was not disappointed. For the most part I feel that this is an underdeveloped area of fantasy at the moment with many people focusing on vampires and werewolves. Though they all have their fun points, there are a lot more books in that vane than this one.

"Remain", starts off in a rather predictable fashion. Jace, is stil...more
Ayanna
May 12, 2014 Ayanna marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-read-maybe
...although from one review, this one sounds more sex-centric (damnit). I keep waiting for an m/m equivalent of Holly Black's Tithe/Ironside, but alas, either it's not dark/gritty enough or it's all sex-centric and the plot was abandoned on the wayside (woe is me)
Meggie
This romance was enjoyable enough, but the storyline didn't speak to me. Sure the way it began was pulling and rather good, but the storyline soon lost her appeal. I was bored at the end.
I loved this. The writing was great, the world was interesting and the love story was great. Will definitely read the others in the series.
Jesse Aubrey
Could have done with a lot less sex and a little more storytelling. The rotating POV was interesting at first, but I feel that it ultimately detracted from the story and made it harder to relate to the protagonists. The magic of Amaranth, the politics, and the monsters were the most interesting parts of the story, and they weren't discussed that much at all. Just things that were kind of there. If there are sequels to Remain, I hope they are more fleshed out and not in the sexual way.
MandyM
Quite a few typos but otherwise not a bad fantasy romance.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Lauren
Lauren added it
Aug 17, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
BTina
BTina marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
A.J.
A.J. marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Lynette
Lynette marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Andrew Schimming
Andrew Schimming marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sarina
Sarina marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Friday Sunday Grimm
Friday Sunday Grimm marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Charmed
Charmed marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Author Correction 3 24 May 04, 2013 06:03PM
Drown Broken Wings Death by Water (Sons of the Sea #1) Raze Rook (Knights of Amaranth, #2)