Start by marking “Wendigo Fever (Warden, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wendigo Fever (Warden, #1)

Wendigo Fever (Warden #1)

Part lawman, part tracker and part magician, the Wardens are monster-hunters - tasked with protecting the people from the various, nightmarish creatures that have invaded the world of men. However, despite being descended from a long line of Wardens, 16-year-old Errol Magnus believes it to be the absolute worst job on the planet: How could a single occupation ...more
Published April 27th 2013 by I&H Recherche Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wendigo Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wendigo Fever

Hazel West
Jul 05, 2013 Hazel West rated it really liked it
Thoughts on the Overall Book: I love books with monsters and beasties in them, especially when they go the traditional rout as in, the monsters are actually monsters and not the love interests. There's a sad lack of those kinds of books, especially in YA, so I was excited to find this one and to have the chance to read and review it.

Cover--Yea or Nay: Not my favorite cover ever, but it's not terribly either.

Characters: Errol was a likable protagonist. Even though in the beginning of the book he
chucklesthescot
*I received a free copy of this book from the author through Goodreads in return for an honest review*

Errol and his older brother Tom are Wardens, who patrol the Badlands keeping local people and their farms safe from the deadly creatures and monsters that live there, risking their lives on a daily basis. When Tom goes missing, it is up to young Errol to find his brother, while being tracked by the deadly Wendigo which devours human flesh.

Errol is the reluctant hero, forced to study monsters and
Sigourney
Aug 03, 2016 Sigourney rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, for-review
A copy of Warden was kindly sent to me by Kevin Hardman in exchange for an honest review.

It always pleases me beyond belief when a book I receive for review turns out to be brilliant. Warden is a fast paced, well written and thrilling novella, and I found myself unable to put it down. The action really picked up a few chapters in and from that point on it was unrelenting action and tension.

The characters are fantastic (I think Dorsey is my favourite). Errol is a reluctant hero who, naturally
Rustin Petrae
Jun 19, 2014 Rustin Petrae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warden is the second Kevin Hardman novel that I read and while Sensation was an overtly super-hero infused novel with a lot of sci-fi elements thrown in (and the occasional mystical/magical elements), Warden is the complete opposite. It deals with the arkane and the supernatural. Magic and monsters galore. And it was pretty good, if you ask me.

The things that I liked:

First of all, definitely the magic. I have always been a huge fan of stories that involve magic. I liked the way Kevin used it in
 Marla
3.5 stars. Scary but too short. Really enjoyed it, the only reason I couldn't give it a higher than average rating was it was too short and left me wanting more monsters and more character development and maybe another story line woven in. Reminded me of Last Apprentice series (or Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney and that is high praise in my book.

Likes:
* Wardens being monster-hunters using weapons, magic and their wits
* Errol making mistakes and learning from them
* Errol not slacking off
Ben Langdon
Mar 24, 2014 Ben Langdon rated it liked it
Shelves: march-challenge
The Warden series is shaping up to be a pretty good horror/fantasy series. I'm rating it at a 4, although only just. There are some positives and drawbacks to the book, but overall I think it sits in the 4 star range. I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Positives:
1. The greatest thing about the story is the development of character. I've recently read Hardman's 'Sensation' book about a teen superhero, and there has been a lot of improvement in characterization. Th
Satinder
Mar 10, 2014 Satinder rated it liked it
* I reviewed this book as part of Read it and Reap*

Wendigo Fever follows the adventures of 16 year old Errol as he searches for his missing brother in the dangerous world of the Badlands. This book was labelled YA but I felt it was more of a children's book. That is not a criticism of the author; as a kid's book it is brilliant, had I been a younger reader I would have loved it. It is a frolicking, adventure-type fantasy with a fairy-tale feel and as such, a little light for me.

The world-buildin
Michael Tankersley
I would like to, first of all, thank the author for the opportunity to read this book in exchange of a fair review.

I found this book to be greatly to my liking. The main focus of the book is about the other brother, the one who was supposed to go out into the world to better things while big brother carried out the family heritage. When big brother comes up missing in action it falls to him to find his brother and save the "ward" from monsters and certain disaster.

Of course there has to be a st
Renee Remi
I was given the book "Warden: Wendigo Fever" by Kevin Hardman through Goodreads Read it and Reap program, in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun and fast read. It was easy to get caught up in the main plot, putting some of my fav characters (from my fav tv show) faces onto the brothers while they were hunting the Wendigo, as well as some other various monsters throughout the pages, keeps readers interested.

That being said, it was a refreshing break from day to day life, to get lost in
Eva Holmquist
Mar 08, 2014 Eva Holmquist rated it really liked it

I liked this book very much... :-)

A horror novel with a reluctant hero with scary monsters and a believable character development. In the beginning I found it a bit slow, but it improved rapidly and proved itself to be a fun and engaging read. There was a lot of details which I enjoyed (I dont want to be more specific because I dont want to post spoilers). It was a bit short. More a novella than
Mia
Aug 12, 2013 Mia rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-blessings
It was a lovely fantasy short read!!
It was fun and adventurous..It had character...I liked it very much!!!

I loved the prologue and the epilogue..The prologue sparked my interest and the epilogue was intriguing and preparing us for the next book..
I also loved the progress Errol's character displayed..He started out as a boy in his own desires and dreams and the book ended with him as a responsible loyal man..

I seriously recommend it,if you like fantasy...
Geli
Aug 14, 2015 Geli rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mages
Somewhat lacking, though that might be because I didn't have the time to immerse myself into the world. I will revisit it later.
Victoria Zigler
Jun 30, 2013 Victoria Zigler rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book, which is well worth reading. It's an entertaining and enjoyable read with a plot that keeps you guessing.
Iftekhar
Iftekhar rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Lisa Le
Lisa Le rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Haiden Bond
Haiden Bond rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2014
Frank Bertino
Frank Bertino rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Advaith
Advaith rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Shaun Miller
Shaun Miller rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Shaun Andrews
Shaun Andrews rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Platiniumlife
Platiniumlife rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Evan Weaver
Evan Weaver rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Djcolgan
Djcolgan rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Larry
Larry rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Morrigan Gossett
Morrigan Gossett rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Morden
Morden rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Arnon
Arnon rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Jeremy Rice
Jeremy Rice rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Night of the Wendigo
  • Faewolf
  • Edgewise
  • The Dream of a Thousand Nights
  • Hero
  • Wayward Grace
  • The Extraordinary Life of Lara Craft (not Croft)
  • The Lake
  • Matt Archer: Monster Summer (Matt Archer #1.5)
  • Lovers, Dreamers and Me
  • Northwoods
  • The Wild (The Secret Journeys of Jack London, #1)
  • Reap (Reap, #1)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305
  • The Resurrected: Part One
  • The Betrayal of Renegade X (Renegade X, #3)
  • Clockwork Tangerine
  • Greeting Cards

Warden (4 books)
  • Lure Of The Lamia (Warden, #2)
  • Attack of the Aswang (Warden, #3)
  • Untitled (Warden, #4)

“Hey!  Over here!” The revenant turned towards him. “Death!  Revenge!” “Yes,” Errol answered. “I know you were wronged, but you’re harming innocents.” “Death!  Revenge!” “I understand that, but–” “Death!  Revenge!” Errol sighed. Revenants were perversely single-minded” 0 likes
“Tom was quite rare in having the talent to actually summon them.  (Errol, however, saw little value in a skill that allowed you to beckon things that only wanted to eat you.)” 0 likes